Part 8

Ever since the rain, I've been living days too slow. Lie around and wait for a heart I use to know. They say that over time, there'll be nothing left to lose. But I still can't find the light... I've given all my love to you.

~

The rhythmic beeping of his heart soothed me to sleep as I waited by his bed side. I refused to go back to my room after seeing what I did to taehyung. I want to be here when he wakes up and I want to apologize for everything. If I just never left from home.... People wouldn't be dead, taehyung would still have his arm, and I would still be mourning over my 'loss.'

"(Y/n)?"

My eyes snap open as I hear his voice. "h-hey." I yawn as I look at taehyung. I watch as he slowly moves his blanket down and rub the nub. "I'm so sorry taeh-."

"why are you sorry?" he says simply as he moves from his armless situation and onto my watery eyes. "you didn't do this. A bullet did thi-."

"a bullet by one of the men I use to work with!" I say through gritted teeth. My throat burned as a hard rush of sadness washed over my body. "I grew up next to the men who came here... Trained with them... Ate with th-."

"well now you're here." Taehyung said making my eyes widen. "The men you train with, eat with, talk with; (y/n) BTS is your home now." I watched as Taehung's soft lips moved. A tiny knot in my stomach formed as he told me I had a home again. "we took the daughter of our rival. Of course something like this was bound to happen."

"but you don't have an arm..." I say softly as I scoot my chair closer to his bed. "tae people died today because I am here-."

"(y/n) the first steps to training is mentally preparing yourself to do whatever it takes to save the members around you and yourself." He paused as he reached his hand out and placed it on top of mine. "You sign your death certificate on day one. Everyone knows what they are getting themselves into."

I want to speak up, to say something against what he is telling me. But I know that if I open my mouth I'll just sound like a small child that doesn't want to accept the word 'no'. I nod my head as I smile at tae. Looking at how he is handling his situation was like watching a man walk on the moon. He wasn't screaming for his life or yelling at me that it was my fault... He was accepting his situation and was going to make the best of it.

"Taehyung the doctors are coming in soon to size your arm for a replacem-." Namjoon pauses as he walks through the door and glances at the connection of flesh between taehyung and I. I clear my throat as I rip my hand from under taes and stare at the floor. "Are you okay to stand?" he asked as two doctors followed in behind him and went to taehyung.

"I'm ready whenever." Tae replies quietly as the doctors help him out of bed and through the door. I tapped my foot impatiently against the tile of the 'hospital' as I thought about what was going to happen to taehyung. He would have to learn to adjust to his new arm, go through physical therapy...learn how to fire a gun again... "this is all my fault." I say as I shove my head in my hands.

"why do you think that?" Namjoon asked, making me lift my head up at him. He had bags under his eyes and messy bed hair. My eyes caught on the stitches on his cheek.

I cleared my throat, not wanting to go into detail all over again. "how's your cheek." I say as I stand up and reach to turn his head so I can look at it. But before my hand could reach Namjoon's face, he grabs it...My body freezes as our eyes make contact and the air around us heats. I swallow softly as I watch his cracked lips separate for air. "l-let go." I say as I yank my hand from him and take a step back.

My heart beat was irregular as I stared at the tired Namjoon. He looked Angry and sad. "I'm sorry I just-." He pauses as he lowers his head and ruffled his hair. "it's been a long day." He chuckles lightly and I can see right through his fake smile. Namjoon may have been faking every feeling he has ever felt about me but I could tell when he was fake smiling or hiding how upset he was.... Whether I liked it or not.