"Bobo!! Bobo!!!" Niall screeches once he realizes we're going to the car without his favorite toy. 

"Bobo! I forgot!" We run back into the house to grab his toy before he starts screaming again. "Here we go," I say handing it to him. He cuddles the toy to his chest and goes quiet again. "God forbid we go anywhere without him." He won't leave the house without his stuffed giraffe. Or he screams if we try to. I don't really know why, but it's a thing. 

I strap Niall in the carseat, with a bit of fussing from him. He really doesn't like being strapped in the carseat. At least he has Bobo to keep him company. 

We pick up Harry and he chatters all the way home, telling us about what he did today at school. 

"And then we went outside to play. Darcy and I went on the swings. I pushed her and then she pushed me," Harry says.

"That's good sweetheart. It's good to take turns. You were being a very good friend," I praise.

"I'm her bestest friend. She said so. She said not to tell cuz it would make Mia sad. Mia thinks Darcy is her bestest friend, but she's my bestest friend, Daddy. She's mine," he asserts.

3 year old gossip is the best gossip. He has the craziest stories, well for a 3 year old. "Sweetie, you know you can have more than one best friend, right? And so can Darcy. She can be best friends with you and Mia."

"No, cuz I'm her bestest friend. I am. She said so."

"Okay," I say with a laugh. What else can you do? Gotta love 3 year old logic. 

"Daddy, who's your bestest friend?" Harry asks after a bit.

"Papa. He's my bestest friend," I say with a smile. "We've been bestest friends for a long time."

"But... but he's Papa. How can you be bestest friends?"

"Because I married my best friend."

"You can do that?" Harry sounds very surprised. 

"Yep. Lots of people do. Me and Papa did. Nana and Granddad did. You can, too. When you're older, of course. You just have to find the right person." Is talking about marriage with a 3 year old normal? I'm not sure...

"Daddy, can I marry Darcy?"

Whoa! Chill. You're three. Calm down. You're a baby. You're my baby. (Obviously I can't say that, but that's what went through my head.) 

"Um... well... it's gonna be a long time before you can get married. But if you want to when you're older, like a lot older, like 30, or 40, sure. As long as she feels the same way. You can marry whoever you want." 

"Okay, Daddy. What about Ni-ni? He doesn't have a best friend," Harry pouts. 

"Well, he's 1 and he doesn't leave the house much. He'll make friends. He's got a long time to make friends and so do you. And when he's older, Niall can marry whoever he wants."

"Ahh!!" Niall shrieks at his name being called. 

"Yes, I know. You have a long time to wait, though, little one."

"Daddy, how do you and Papa always know what he says? He doesn't speak normal words. I don't know what he says..." Harry whines.

"We just know. And we're not always right. Sometimes we have to guess. Niall is very little. I know he's hard to understand, most babies are. But he talks more every day and he learns new words all the time. That's why we talk to him. So he can learn more words. If you keep talking to him, even if you don't understand him, he'll learn what you're saying and then he can start talking back to you."

"Really? Are you sure?" He doesn't sound convinced.

"I'm positive."

We arrive at the house and I get the boys out of the car. 

"So, what do we want for lunch?"

"Macaroni!" Harry shouts.

"We had that yesterday." (And twice last week) "Don't you think we should have something else?" Harry just looks up and blinks at me. Clearly that's a no... "Well, how about we have some sandwiches instead? Hmm? You can have peanut butter or turkey or cheese or..."

"Cheese toasties?!" Harry asks. 

"We can do that. Is that what you want?" Harry nods. "Okay, go play with Niall while I make them. They'll be ready in a bit."

"Okay, Daddy."

**************************

"So what did you do with the boys today? What did you talk about?" Louis asks.

The boys were already in bed. Louis and I are hanging out in the living room before going up to bed. 

"Well Niall was a bit fussy after his morning nap, but we went to get Harry and then he was fine. Harry and I had an interesting conversation."

"Oh did you? And what did you talk about?"

"Marriage."

Louis looks at me like I'm some kind of crazy person. "You do realize he's 3 right?"

"Well he asked me who my best friend was and I said it was you and he didn't understand that you could marry your best friend."

"Awww... I'm your best friend?" Louis asks. I nod and scrunch my nose a bit. "Well you're my best friend."

"Yeah?" I ask.

"The bestest friend." He kisses my cheek and cuddles into my side.

"Harry said that Darcy is his bestest friend and that Darcy said that he is her bestest friend but not to tell anybody because Mia might get sad because she thinks Darcy is her bestest friend."

"Ooh! Scandals." Louis takes a sip of his drink.

"Harry also asked me if he could marry Darcy because they're best friends."

Louis nearly chokes on his drink. "What? And what did you tell him? He knows he's only 3 right?"

"Calm down. I told him he can marry whoever he wants when he's older."

"Like a lot older, right? He's my baby and he's not getting married until he's at least 50."

I laugh because he's being a bit ridiculous. "Whatever you say, darling. I wouldn't worry about it. He'll do what he wants when he's ready."

"Okay... He's growing up so fast though. I want him to stay little forever. Niall too," Louis whines.

"I know, but they have to grow up eventually. I'd say just enjoy it while it lasts." Louis nods and lets out a yawn. "Let's go to bed. You're falling asleep." I get up, but Louis doesn't move. "Come on. Let's go."

"Carry me," he whines.

"But you're heavy."

"Pleeeease...." he pouts and bats his little eyelashes.

"You've been taking lessons from Harry, haven't you?"

"Little bit," he giggles.

I manage to pick him up. He's really not that heavy. He's just a lot heavier than Harry.

"Now don't hit my feet on the wall this time. Last time I got a bruise," Louis says.

"Yes, your majesty. Anything else?"

"I request a kiss."

"That I can do."

I kiss him and we head up to bed. 

***********************************************

*Author's Note*

OMG an update!! I know. I'm so sorry. It's been forever. I've been super busy. Summer classes are a pain. 

Anyway, I know it's a short chapter. Sorry about that. It's a bit of a filler, really, but I hope you like it. I had a hard time figuring out what to write. I hope you enjoyed! I promise I'll try to update more often, but I can't guarantee anything. 

Feel free to leave me comments!