"Channel, what's all my family doing here?" she asked and I was gonna think of a lie to tell her but I just decided to be honest. I love my sissy, but she was asking too many questions for the night.

"Wellllll, Lance actually put this dinner together for you tonight. That's why I kept pressing you to come out because he worked so hard to plan this," she said as her smile grew

"But what's the occasion?" she asked as Lance made his way toward us

"Do I really need one?" Lance asked as he pulled her into his arms "I just wanted to celebrate my girl." I smiled as I watched them interact just as Trey came up to me and greeted me

"Hey baby," I said as he placed a peck on my lips before he spoke Brittany's mother spoke.

"Okay, Okay, can my two daughters greet me now" Brittany's mother said making us laugh. I let go of Trey and pulled Ms. Nicole, Brittany's mom, into a hug

"Hey momma" I said

"Hi sweetheart" she said smiling from ear to ear and I laughed knowing why she was so excited. She knew that this dinner was a proposal dinner. She loved Lance and I know she couldn't wait for him to be a part of the family. She went to greet Brittany as I went around the table and said hello to everyone before taking my seat next to Trey.

"How was your day baby?" Trey asked

"It was okay, how was yours?" I asked taking his hand in mine underneath the table

"It was okay. I was thinking about you all day. For some reason, i just can't seem to get you off my mind." he said swiping a finger underneath my chin as a I blushed.

"Who would've thought that 6 years after you broke my heart, you would be the only person making me blush?" I asked

"I did."

"You did?" I asked raising an eyebrow

"Mhmm, when you left, I always hoped we would get back together." I nodded in response

"But what about Tanaya?" I asked "Weren't you ready to start your life with her?"

"To be completely honest, I wasn't. I tried to tell myself that, but I knew I really didn't want to marry her. She was a good girl, but I think she was more in love with me than I was with her."

"So did you start feeling that way before or after you found out I was doing your banquet?" I smirked and he made a face

"I knew it before you, missy." he said making me laugh "But you coming back around confirmed my doubts. Besides, seeing you again made me feel like God was giving me a second chance and I couldn't pass it up" he said causing me to smile. I really tried to fight off Trey for the longest, but I'm happy that we fount our way back to each other. He makes me happy and I'm glad that I have that, especially with how hard this year has gone. Before I could have a chance to reply, the Hibachi chef came in and began to put on his show as he cooked everyones food. About 40 minutes later our food was finally done and we were all eating. From time to time I would glance over at Brittany and Lance to see them flirting with each other and I smiled knowing that Brittany would be crying from what was coming next. A few moments later, Lance was standing from his seat grabbing everyone's attention.

Lance

I stood up from my seat and kindly asked for everyones attention. Once everyone was looking at me, I suddenly grew nervous and I felt my palms sweating. I looked around at everyone in the room and my face stopped on Brittany's mom, who was beaming right alongside my mother. I then looked to Chanel who gave me a smile and a reassuring nod, somewhat putting me at ease.