Waiting for the Imprinting

Start from the beginning

When I turned around Garrett had already transformed into a dark brown wolf and left with his pack before Daniel  had finished speaking, taking his answer as an acceptable one. I instantly felt aware that I had just agreed to live with people that I don't even know, in this life or the one before this.

"Come young lady, please tell me a little about yourself." Daniel said, putting his arm around me to guide me in his direction.

"Ummm... my name is Sara Shöen, I'm from Germany." I heard my thick accent compared to his English accent as we continued to speak. I must be hard to understand, I probably sound like I'm speaking gibberish to him.

"Would you like to be a part of my family, Sara?"

Seth Cowles was always within reach, especially now. Cally had gotten pregnant during her honeymoon at the Chelsea Sea and her best friend, Scott, had split from the wolf pack to protect her. Seth had followed him along with his sister, Kaitlyn. Even though she didn't like what my family was, she came to be with her brother or at least that's what she said. Personally I was still nursing the idea that she was spying for Carter, the leader of their pack. Seth on the other hand had taken a liking to my family and was willing to come and protect us with Scott. It's hard being around someone you want to be with and not being able to talk to them or even be around them.

            When Daniel first led me to his home I met his whole family. I shook Cole's hand first, he took his hand back in pain a second later. My power is absorption, or at least that's what Daniel calls it. Once I shake hands with someone, a small pinch happens that causes me to get the others power with a twist. I met Chelsea, Lukas, Rose, Jenny and Drake even though they knew of my power; they all shook my hand like a form of acceptance. Daniel's self control helped me with controlling the powers that now existed to me. Jenny's is the hardest to deal with at first, I never see visions of others, I can only see visions of the wolf pack. I could only read Cole's mind and those of the wolf pack, always a variation in the powers.

            Around five years ago, I had a vision of a boy with blonde hair, russet skin and soft brown eyes. He was the one I was waiting for, even though my family constantly said 'no one was going to come.' I knew it was him, but I didn't know what to do with that information. I waited three years, as I watched Cole fall in love with a human, Cally Halloway. He was the only other one in the family not to have a mate so the harassment for my waiting increased, but about a year later it stopped.

My adoptive family had moved away because Cole was conflicted with his feelings for Cally after almost sucking her dry, but I stayed. I couldn't live in the house all of the time in fear of being seen because it was too quiet and people would come by from school and town to see the Thomas' house. I walked along the border line, between there and Avalon Cove, most days hoping to see some old friends. I sadly mistaken, I was attacked by a huge black wolf that alone over powered me solely by brute force.

"Colton, please don't. Don't you remember me? It's Sara!"

His thoughts streamed into my head; it wasn't Colton. Who are you and what do you think you're doing?

"My name is Sara Thomas, but when I met the old wolf leader it was Sara Shöen."

How do you know Colton Night?

"He allowed me to stay because Garrett believed a descendent of his would..." I couldn't remember the word for the life of me, or in this situation, the death of me.

A descendent would do what? He asked pushing his paw on my chest, making it harder to breathe and worse to speak.

"Imprint. One of his descendents would imprint on me!"

YOU! On you? You're with the Thomas' family! He made a gagging sound after 'family', clearly not liking it. I thought they left! The wolf's thoughts flowed rapidly into my head, stinging with an intense dislike for my being.

"I stayed here like I have for almost half a century. I was asked by Garret to stay, and I have."

Even though your people aren't here you aren't allowed on our land.

"I understand. I won't cross the line."

The wolf ran off, the insight into his mind had given me what I needed. The boy's name was Seth, he'd shape-shift eventually and I'd meet him then.

I tried meeting him when we had to prepare for a vampire war that threaten everyone in our area meaning for once we'd have to work together, but Jenny said it would get in the way of the fighting if he imprinted on me now. Seth would want to protect me and that would leave him open for attack. I was proof of that, even when practicing with Drake I got distracted and he 'killed' me faster than the others.

"Rematch." I said.

"Deal." Drake took five steps back, shaking his head to get his wispy blonde hair out of his face, not that it moved during the fight. "Whenever you're ready."

I glanced at Seth, I couldn't think about him during this or I'd lose, so I took one last look before turning to my opponent.

"Ready." Dark jumped automatically on my back, like a new born would. I teleported onto his back at pretended to bite his neck.

"I win." Drake simply nodded and I got off.

"Who wants to go up against Sara now?" Cole raised his hand and stepped forward. I could read his thoughts, he knew most of my powers but I had a surprise for him.

"Sara you're the new born, Go!" I attacked Cole on instinct, he side stepped me and I teleported. He looked frantically around, I reappeared behind him. He quickly dodged as I went in for the kill, he got on my back. I quickly threw him off and went for the kill. The pack's thoughts were happy and pleased at the thought of Cole gone, mostly Scott though. He had a deep seeded need for revenge against my adoptive brother for taking Cally from him while they were dating, not that it was Cole's fault it just happens.

When they had to smell us Jenny made sure to remind me that Seth couldn't imprint on me before the battle, so I closed my eyes like I was scared. What ruined my faux fear was the smile of Seth thinking 'I hope she isn't too scared of me' and then when I smiled 'she has a nice smile'.

 I've waited years to finally be with him and now as he and Scott come to warn us about the impended attack. I looked at him, hoping for him to turn and see me, but Scott and he turned to leave instead.

"Sara, I'm sorry. I know you've been patient but not now." Cole said placing his hand on my shoulder as he turned to leave.

"No, I've waited too long and every time someone says not this time. I'm done listening Cole! It's time in my mind." As I leap down from the porch I get a vision, I see the wolf pack fighting with my family and three of the wolves, Seth, Scott and Kaitlyn. We're fighting because of that demon child; the wolves are fighting their own family. Seth will need to focus, he can't worry about Kaitlyn and I.  

I groan internally, knowing the right decision is the one I don't want to do. Jenny is at my side in an instant as I turn to go inside.

"Sara, I'm sorry. Cole just told me what you saw." She hugs me tight to show some sort of support, but it doesn't really help me.

"I'll tell him eventually." I look at Seth, his soft blonde hair and tall figure turning around to face me make me blush slightly but I look away quickly before he can see me.

"He said Kaitlyn knows you like Seth."

"What?"

"He said I should warn you." She skips back inside as we hear Cally scream in pain. I 'm starting to not like this kid, so far it's just gotten in the way of everyone's plans.

I'll need more than a warning if it's true Jen." I walk inside and shut the door on my love once again.