❧ Tame ☙

I didn't leave the dorm for lunch, but when the time for dinner came my stomach was begging me to go and eat. A knock on the door was heard while I was putting on my uniform.
"Gee, we are going to the Great Hall for dinner, please come with us this time." It was Lydia and I could hear the guilt in her voice. She probably felt awful after witnessing what happened before lunch at the common room.
       I fixed my skirt and looked at the mirror we had in the room if I looked good and opened the door. Lydia smiled weakly at me, but I couldn't bring myself to fake anything right now.
"Well... are we going?" My voice was monotone and cold.
She replied with a nod and we went downstairs where Miles and Tristan waited. I pretended that I didn't see the blond boy and walked out of the common room.
I could hear them whispering behind my back, pushing Tristan to go and talk with me, but I didn't need his words if they were encouraged by others. Speeding up my tracks I left them far behind and entered the Great Hall alone. I sat on my spot and quietly served the food in my plate. Few minutes later I expected Lydia to sit next to me, but it was Tristan.
"Gee?" He said my name with a shame in his voice, but I acted like I didn't hear him and continued to eat. "I didn't mean what I said back then, you know it." He was trying to catch my attention, but I just let his words enter through my ear and escape from the other. "Georgiana." When I reached for my cup his hand grabbed mine, which made me turn and look at him coldly. "I'm sorry... I never thought you wanted to go with me. If I did, I would..." But I cut him off and tried to sound as calm as I can.
"Why is it that a woman can see from a distance what a man cannot see close?" His lips parted at my question, but nothing came out of his mouth.
"Georgiana?" A male voice came from behind me and when I turned around to see who it was, I spotted the prideful figure of Konrad.
"Yes?" He bowed to me, keeping his left hand behind his waist and the other one to the side of his body.
"Will you give me the honor to be my lady for the Yule Ball?" I blinked several times surprised by the way he asked me, and dare I say I felt flattered by it.
"I-I..." I paused remembering the letter I sent today to my father. "Yes." I breathed out with a soft smile.
The handsome male smiled brightly at me and straightened up. Before he left he thanked me and apologized for cutting between my talk with Tristan, I could see how Tristan was throwing daggers at him with his eyes.
"Gee, he's older than you!"
"So? You're older than your date." I answered with careless tone and he clenched his fist on the table.
"But I won't do anything to the girl, even if she is my date." I stood up and walked away not wanting to hear more of his words.
   My steps echoed in the hall as well as the cracking flames which lighted the way. Soon my steps were joined by others. I was about to turn around the corner when the person grabbed me by the wrist and spun me towards him. Our bodies were against each other and his hand was around my waist while the other one still held my wrist. Looking up I met the gray eyes of Tristan.
"What's wrong with you?" I asked as I pulled away from him, but he stepped closer gazing down at me as our bodies were inches apart.
"Gee, don't go with him. Listen to me, please."
"Tristan, he won't do anything that I wouldn't allow him to." I tried to calm him down seeing how frustrated he was by all of the sudden.
"If I ask you to go with me now? If I go and tell Claire that I want to be with you instead of her, will you be with me?" His behavior was strange and I wasn't charmed by his words at all.
"Tristan, if I will go with someone to the Ball, I would want that someone to be willing to tame me, and you'd never be able to do it." Since he said earlier today that I was too difficult, I hoped he will understand clearly what I meant with my words.
Noticing that he didn't have anything more to say I turned around and left him behind.
     When I walked in my dorm I just longed to lay down and fall asleep. I was exhausted from all of the emotions that ran through me today. While I was dressing up, I thought of how exactly to tell my father that I won't be returning home, but I decided to write the letter tomorrow and sent it with the school owls, I didn't even have the strength to write few sentences. The moment my head hit the pillow I drifted off to sleep, hoping that they will be much better than my day.