❧ Mucus ☙

Fred's POV

    It was in the late afternoon when George and I were standing outside the Slytherin Common Room. We opened the Marauder's Map in front of us and began our prank preparation. I was looking at the map from time to time to make sure we wouldn't be spotted and when my eyes catch a name walking towards us I quickly turned to my brother.
"George, we better hurry. Filch is coming." I whispered and was ready to go.
"I am almost done." George stepped back. "There."
We both looked up to admire what we set up. It was a bucket filled with Flobberworm Mucus that we charmed to refill itself once it dumped. The mucus is an ingredient we usually use in potion-making to thicken the potions. But it was disgusting, meaning it was perfect for our prank. The Flobberworm is a thick brown worm that can grow up to ten inches long, we had to beg Hagrid to lend us one for this prank.
     When we were done admiring, George and I looked at each other and grinned mischievously .
"That will teach those Slythrins right!" I said with fire in my eyes.
The little Slytherin git, Malfoy, got himself injured, because he insulted the hippogriff Buckbeak. Of course, the story coming from his mouth was far away from the truth. He was blaming the hippogriff, even thought Malfoy provoked it in the first place. What troubled us was the fact that because of that Hagrid may lose his new job, because of a lie. That's why we decided to pull a prank on him and his gang who claimed that Buckbeak attacked him.
    A cat meow echoed in the corridor and we both looked at each other with wide eyes.
"Mrs. Norris!" We said at the same time. Soon the moewing was followed by the mumblings of Filch coming down into the dungeons. We quickly ducked behind a nearby statue as the caretaker stopped in front of the Slytherin Common Room, not even noticing the bucket.
"Bloddy hell, he will ruin everything." I cursed under my breath and my brother gave a strong nod.
Filch took one step closer to the entrance and the bucket immediately dumped the mucus on him.
"Whoever did that is in big trouble!" Filch screamed not even noticing the bucket getting ready to refill itself.
Before he could move from the spot, George took out his want and pointed at Filch.
"Petrificus Totalus." He mumbled the full body-bind curse, which stiffens a person's limbs so they cannot move. Only the person's eyes are free while the spell is in effect.
    We bit our fists trying not to laugh as he was immobilized. We ran up the stairs as we heard another bucket dump. Our prank didn't go the way we planned it to, but Filch was always a good target, so we were happy with it. We returned to our common room to share what happened with our house mates and bring smiles to their faces.

Georgiana's POV

    I was sitting on one of the sofas in the common room, reading a book, but the atmosphere was making me anxious. The room is a dungeon-like room with greenish lamps and chairs. The fact that the dungeon extends partway under the lake, was giving the light in the room a green tinge as well from the windows. The common room has lots of low backed black and green button-tufted, leather sofas, skulls and dark wood cupboards. Which made me feel as if I was swimming in venom. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one, something I was having hard time dealing with. The tapestries, which decorated the walls, featured the adventures of famous Medieval Slytherins, but they always made me feel as if I was being watched.
     Shutting the book with a silent exhale I got up and decided to continue reading at the library.
"Gee? Where are you going?" Lydia asked, looking up from the chessboard.
"The library, I need light."
"Alright, I'll wait you at the table for dinner." She smiled and returned her attention to the game of chess she was playing with Miles.
"Sure."
     Walking out the common room, I was greeted by paralyzed Filch covered in mucus. A bucket was refilling itself ready to cover him with mucus again. I pulled out my wand and pointed at the bucket.
"Finite Incantatem!" I used the general counter-spell and it terminated the spell which was cast upon the bucket.
I looked over at Filch who still stood there immobilized and just moved his eyes from me and to the stairs. I pointed my wand at him, ready to use the counter-spell again, but quick steps echoed in the hall and stopped when the person reached us. I moved my eyes from Filch only to meet the dark eyes of Professor Snape. He looked at me in disbelief and I realized how it looked like to him.
"Professor Snape, it's not what it looks like." I hurried to defend myself, but he remained calm, without a trace of emotion.
"Is it?" He asked barely moving his lips.
"I was about to-..."
"In my office Miss Lynch. Now." He looked down to Filch. "I will take Mr. Filch in the hospital wing and when I am done we will discuss your punishment." His monotone voice was cold.
"But, Professor, I haven't done anything!"
"That's what they all say. I will not repeat myself again. In my office." He said the last sentence between teeth and watched me closely, waiting for me to move.
    I grunted and stormed to his office, which I'm sure was a dark and cold place as well, since it was still in the dungeons.