❧ Heaven ☙

Returning back to Hogwarts was like my ticket for heaven. No more talks about how perfect Tristan and I are for each other. No more yelling from my dad, because I prefer studying than being out with them. I didn't mind being with Tristan, I just didn't like the idea of hearing odd daydreams from our families from behind us.
As I entered the Great Hall for dinner I was attacked by a pair of arms, lifting me up from the ground.
"George! Put me down!" I chuckled and he did as I said.
"Gee, thank you so much!" He hugged me tightly and I let out a giggle.
"I am glad you liked your gift." I said with a slight smile.
I sent as a gift for the twins two bats, since they were beaters. Dad managed to get two from the company his team orders. As for Lee, I asked my father for an autograph.
"Fred and I couldn't believe our eyes, are you kidding us! We loved it!" I looked behind his back and didn't find any trace from his brother.
"Speaking of Fred, where is he?"
"He's somewhere around with Angelina." His words somehow pierced me.
"Oh... well alri-..."
"Georgiana!" Someone hugged me from behind and when I turned my head I saw it was Lee.
"Hello, Lee."
"Thank you for the Christmas gift, I thought you forgot about it." He said as he let go and stepped beside George.
"Trust me, even if I wished to forget, I couldn't." I smiled and remembered again of the horrible day on the train when I said I will get the autograph.
More students walked inside the Great Hall, which lead to more stares at the fact that a Slythein was talking with two Gryffindors near their table.
"Well, I guess, I will catch up with you later." They gave me a nod and I went to sit at my table.
Lydia and I spoke during the whole dinner, sharing what we went thru the holiday. She was actually the only friend from Hogwarts who sent me a gift. She didn't stop laughing for good two minutes when I told her about the bear accident, which got Tristan's attention. When our eyes met we exchanged slight smiles and returned our attention to the others.
    On my way back to the common room someone pulled me aside from the crowd and when I looked up to see who it was I met the hazel eyes of Fred Weasley.
"Is this how you get the attention of everyone?" I pulled my wrist away from his grip.
"Hello to you too." He gave a puzzled look at my sharp behavior.
"What do you want?" I crossed my arms and looked at him as if he had done something despicable. Truth was that the moment I met his eyes I remembered that he was with Angelina. I somehow didn't like that. A pit of jealousy was formed in my stomach and I didn't know how to get it away. The way I acted was my way of showing him that I didn't care that he is probably dating her. I didn't know it for sure, but just the thought of it was bugging me. I hated the fact that I was foolish enough to think that just because he took me to watch the sunset with him meant something. I liked the attention I received from him back then and the feeling of attraction I felt towards him in that moment.
"Fiesty one you are, Lynch." He placed his hands in his pockets and rested his shoulder on the wall. "I just wanted to thank you for your Christmas gift." My cheeks started to burn, realizing how silly I was being. One for sending him a gift, two for being jealous over him.
"I am sure Angelina got you a better one." I spat and turned on my heels and stormed away. So silly of you, Gee!
I heard him call from behind, but I mashed with the rest of the students so he can't track me and soon found myself in the common room.
   Lydia was busy with Miles, so I just walked to our dorm. I actually liked our bedrooms. We had a small fountain in the middle of the room. And thru the windows we could see swimming fishes and mermaids, something I liked despite the green colour. Our beds were large and with curtains, and the walls were covered with tapestries and Slytherin crest. It was somehow relaxing to sleep with the sound of water around you.
Minutes after I got inside Lydia came with a curious look on her face.
"Gee, is everything alright?" She sat on the edge of my bed and smiled.
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"Well I don't know, maybe because you stormed inside the room without noticing that Tristan was calling to you?"
"Oh, I didn't hear him." She made herself more comfortable at her spot with a pillow and smirked.
"Come on, Gee. Spit it out."
"It's nothing..." I sighed out and looked at her. "Oh, fine!" I raised my hands in defeat. "I got mad at Weasley." I mumbled, knowing that it will be very stupid if I tell her the whole truth.
"What did he do?" I debated with myself if I should share with her or not, for a brief moment.
"I don't want to talk about it, I am over it anyways." She examined me, as if she wanted to be sure I was telling the truth and when I sensed that she caught me into a lie, I quickly spoke up with a smile.
"So, did Miles sent you a present?" Her face lines turned into happy ones and she quickly drifted to that topic.
   We spoke about her and Miles the whole night. I wanted to be at her place, to like someone and be liked back, but I guess my time wasn't ready yet.
    During the next two months I realized that I was actually happy that I wasn't bothered with love and attraction, because of my O.W.L.s. Lydia was having a hard time balancing both things, while I on the other hand had the whole time in the world for myself and my romantic time with the books at the library. But I knew my happiness couldn't last long, after all, two months break from the twins pranks were a lot, so I guess I had to come down from heaven.