❧ The Poem ☙

Three weeks after the event we all got on the train and returned back to Hogwarts. The day of the Quidditch World Cup wasn't leaving my mind. What if they attack again, what if something happens to my father? Just the thought of losing my other parent was making me depressed.
When we were welcomed at the Great Hall, Dumbledore explained to us that this year we will have very special guests. Students of Durmstrang and Beuxbatons. I got happy at the thought that for almost a whole school year I will be with friends from the Academy. The guests will be arriving next month and the sad news that there won't be Quidditch House Cup this year made us all complain about it.
Of course, right on the next day the twins returned to their usual routine of pranking. Luckily, I wasn't their first victim. Sadly, I couldn't say the same for their second prank.
Today we were having Charms class with the Griffindor's and to the surprise of everyone, including Professor Flitwick, the twins decided to join the class. I wasn't sure if it was because they wanted the day to pass quicker, so the night could come and our guests to arrive, or they were so bored that joining their least favorite class seemed fun.
The Professor was telling us how today he was going to teach us something very useful, especially for the boys, who seemed quite unexcited. The guys were rolling their eyes at the cheeky, giggling theory of the teacher, while girls were chuckling and blushing, sending flipping eyelashes like butterflies to the boys they fancied. The spell was Orchideous, a spell that is used to conjure flowers from the wand. I still didn't get why it was useful for the guys this year, but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Soon everyone started to cast the spell and the whole hall began to smell like a garden. Miles was the first one to give a flower and of course it was for Lydia. My friend blushed and chuckled with a bright smile on her face. The rest of the boys swallowed their ego and shame, and followed Miles steps, making every girl happy. I looked down at the resting flower on my desk which I made and thought how I will cast tons of flowers at my mother's grave, I wouldn't stop casting the spell if it meant that she will come back, but there was no spell which could do that and I was well aware of that.
A red flower poked my nose, dragging me from my thoughts.
"Hey!" I sharply called out and looked up to meet the bright smile of Fred.
"Don't bite... I come with peace." I looked down at the red rose and a shy smile curved on my lips.
"Thank you." It came out as a whisper, because I couldn't believe that he actually gave me a flower.
"Fred, come and make me another one." A female voice rang from behind us and when he turned around Fred revealed that it was Angelina. Another one?
"Sorry." Fred excused himself and sat beside Johnson again.
I felt stupid for thinking he gave it with some feelings, I didn't even know why I got so happy by the thought of it. I spun the rose with my fingers and looked at the petals. The red was so beautiful and hypnotizing as it spun that I zoned out.
"Gee?" A shy, but strong voice called out my name.
I turned my head to the left side and spotted the familiar bright eyes of Tristan. A bit of his blond hair was falling in front of his eyes and he looked somehow nervous.
"Yes?"
Without answering he handed me a chamomile. The flower brought a bright smile on my face and I looked at the boy with surprise in my eyes.
"I-I... thank you." I took the tiny flower and caressed its white petals. "You still-..." I looked up to finish my sentence, but he was already walking away with the rest of the students. I didn't even hear the Professor calling the class to its end, I guess it must have happened while I was looking at the rose.
I gathered my belongings and went to my dorm where I could leave them. When I did, I sat on the bed and gazed down the two flowers. They were both beautiful, but I couldn't stop the surprise in my heart that Tristan actually remembers which my favorite flower was. It also made me wonder why Fred gave me a flower, while I was looking back at the red rose.
Luckily, Lydia came inside the room and got my mind busy with her excitement over the pink tulip Miles gave her. She started explaining to me the meaning of the flower and the colour and literally every meaning the flower contained. Then I remembered a poem by Julie Martinez in which it read

"and if you don't
like me, as i do you;
i understand.

because who would
really choose
a daisy, in a field
of roses? "
I was sure Tristan knew the poem, because his mother read it to us when we were little and she found out that daisies were my favorite flowers.
"Gee? Are you alright?" Lydia placed her hand on my forehead.
"Yeah, why?"
"Your whole face is red." Hearing her made my face heat up even more.
"Oh... I am fine. It's just hot in here." I got up and took her by the wrist. "Let's go."
I needed to be around people now, being alone with my thoughts wasn't a good idea. We soon joined the others at the Great Hall and waited for the guests to arrive.