❧ Practice ☙

Fred's POV

   Detention sucks! I That's all that was running through my mind as I cleaned out cauldrons. I bet George was thinking the same, judging by his face expression. The worst part of the whole thing was Snape just sitting there and watching us work. I couldn't believe that we had more than a week left of this detention.
"What is in these things?!" I asked as I pulled out a glop of gunk that someone forgot to take out.
"There will be no talking!" The annoyed voice of Snape called out from behind. He barely glanced up from his paper work.
I mocked Snape as I moved on to the next cauldron. George seemed to be moving faster than me and it was kind of aggravating. I started to get so frustrated that when Snape seemed even more engrossed in his work, I took out my wand and cleaned the cauldron with magic. Soon I caught up with George, but unfortunately my happiness didn't last long. Snape caught me trying to clean the last one.
"I thought I was very clear that you weren't allowed to use magic, Weasley." He said between his teeth.
My brother took out his wand and aimed at the things on Snape's desk. "Oppugno." He muttered the jinx and the papers attacked Snape.
    Needless to say, our detention was about to become ten times worse, or so we thought, but when he sent us to Dumbledore's office we relax, knowing that our headmaster was giving the best detentions. He made us help the house elves in the kitchen tonight, which was something we gladly accepted. Dumbledore reminded us that we had Quidditch practice and we quickly ran out of his office to the field.

Georgiana's POV

   It was my fourth day of practice with Tristan, he was training double time because of me, but I wouldn't say he minded it. I could see the passion and ambition in his eyes while he was playing. I began to feel confident with my flying skills lately, but he still wasn't letting me play along with the team. Today Tristan was teaching me how to make swift moves and I was failing badly. The speed was causing me to lose control over the broom and I almost fell few times, luckily Tristan was near to catch me.
"Come on, try flying in spiral on your way down." He yelled from the ground and I gave a nod.
The whole spinning was making me dizzy and the speed wasn't helping me at all, so I lost my balance and let go of the broomstick. I felt how the broom fell from my feet and hit the ground, something I prepared myself to follow. I felt my body crashing against something much softer than the ground. I opened my eyes and met the blue eyes of my captain. He let out a heavy exhale and I immediately got up on my feet.
"I'm sorry..." I reached out my hand to him and he took it.
"It's fine, are you alright?" He asked when I pulled him up. His tone was bold and cold, he acted as if he was from rock every time. I remember him being very cheerful and dim witted kid, now he wasn't even letting me get to know him.
"Yes, I will try ag-..."
"Oi, Ryan, we need the pitch for our training. I think you should leave." Oliver Wood, the captain of Gryffindor called out to us.
The whole team was walking behind him, the twins gave me a surprised look. I never got the chance to tell them I would be playing in the upcoming match.
"I am afraid I won't, Wood." Tristan answered simply and crossed his arms.
"This is our practice time, Ryan."
"Plenty of room for all of us all, it's only me and Tristan practicing." I tried to sound as kind as possible, hoping Wood will agree. I only received weird stares and Tristan face palmed shaking his head.
"But I booked the field! I booked it!"
"But we are allowed to stay here as well." I squeaked, feeling pressured by the eyes watching me.
"Why?" The Gryffindor captain asked sharply.
"Easy Wood, I have a note." Tristan pulled out a parchment that Professor Snape had given him. Oliver snatched it from his hands and read it out loud.
"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give permission for the Slytherin captain to practice privetly, in order to train their new Seeker." He rolled the parchment and handed it back to Tristan. "Your new Seeker?" His eyes moved to me and I gave a goof smile.
"Wood, we can practice with them, it will be better for Harry to play against someone and for our chasers to score over protected rings." Fred suggested and Wood thought about it for a minute before giving a nod in agreement.
   While Tristan was telling me how to play I felt someone staring at me for a very long time. I got annoyed by it and I turned to meet her chocolate brown eyes.
"What are you looking at?" Tristan blinked once at my sharp question.
"I don't know, something ugly?" I had no idea where this was coming from, but I wasn't going to let her think I am some defenceless girl.
"Sorry, but I am not a mirror." Coldness was ringing in my voice and it seemed to freeze her at her spot.
A hand pulled me away and sat me on the bench.
"Are you mental?"
"She started it!"
"I don't care! No matter how hard they provoke you, ignore them." Tristan handed me my broom and flew away with his own.
I walked to the middle of the field where Harry stood and we greeted each other.
"Go easy on me." I chuckled out and he gave me a slight smile while nodding.
    The practice continued and everything was in friendly manner. Playing against someone was a lot more difficult than I expected. Harry knew lots of techniques, while I barely knew five. In the end, he was teaching me and telling me what to do in a specific moment, how to get control over my broom, and lots of other tips.
   I spotted Fred looking at me few times while I just sat on my broom, waiting for my eyes to catch any sight of the snitch. We were exchanging smiles awkwardly and I felt how every time my cheeks were heating up because of his stare.
   I was sitting again, waiting patiently, as my eyes decided to look at how Fred and George are playing. They were actually really good Beaters, not to mention fun to listen. They were joking almost all the time. While watching them I didn't see a figure flying fast towards me and as a harsh wind that someone flew right on top of me, making me lose my balance. I let out a scream as my body fell from the broom and I held to the stick with both hands, struggling not to let go. A strong arm wrapped around me and helped me mount the broom again. Looking up, it was Tristan.
"Thanks." The word came out in a whisper, but he had angry expression on his face.
"I warned you. Get down to the ground, now." His tone was cold as ice and I obeyed to it.
Tristan took the quaffle in his hands and everyone stopped.
"I thought we were having a fair play, Wood?"
"Nothing happened, Ryan."
"She almost fell off her broom, is that nothing?!" Tristan threw with all might the quaffle towards the girl from before,knowing she will dodge it. "Teach your team to respect the enemy team, or they won't respect yours." With that he flew down and stepped beside me. "Practice is over, let's go." I followed behind him without saying a word.
    We were walking to the castle in silence and I could sense he was mad. I felt responsible for it.
"Tristan." I grabbed his wrist and he turned around. "I am sorry." I looked him straight in the eyes, showing him that I meant what I said.
"I just don't think it was a good idea... I am sorry." His words stabbed me, I failed and the feeling was horrible. My hand loosed its grip and he walked away, leaving me alone in front of the entrance of the castle.
    I turned my head towards the Quidditch pitch and the wind blew softly in my face. I hesitated for a moment before taking the way back to the field. I had to give it a try, if not I will practice alone.