"When Lightning Strikes!" - Chapter 52

Start from the beginning

Rydel as well as the crowd continued with, "Oh, oh, oh-oh." Before every, "Oh, oh, oh-oh." Sung by Rydel and the eager fans, her brothers either sang a soft and harmonious, "Woa-oh-oh~",  or a "No-oh-oh~" To fill in the space between.

"You don't have to tell me twice, when lightning strikes." Rydel sang again and stepped from her older brother.

"Oh, oh, oh-oh." Everyone sang.

"You don't have to tell me twice! When lighting strikes!" She repeated with her brothers copying her words with a second of delay.

"Why-y-y can't I-I-I- let...you...go~?" Her singing grew choppy, but with good reason as she got a bit choked up and turned away from the crowd for a moment. "Why-y-y can't I-I-I-"  She held the note for a while and let her head bow, still faced away from the crowd as her brothers continued playing. "-Oh, oh, oh, oh." She almost whispered as a few tears fell from her eyes. "No, oh, oh, oh, oh." She wiped her tears and slowly rose her head and raised the microphone, "You don't have to tell me twice- You don't have to tell me tw-i-i-ice~" She then turned back around as she held the note- This being the longest held note throughout the whole song.

Her brothers and the fans continued with, "Oh, oh, oh-oh."

While Rydel marched to the front of the stage and sang the final chorus of the song"You don't have to tell me twice When lightning strikes!" Her brothers accompanied her for those lines. As the music grew for the final minutes, Rydel was in tears, trying her hardest to contain them. She continued to twirl around her brothers a bit as she made her way up the stairs back to her platform where her lonesome keyboard sat. She wiped her face as best she could before singing her final line with a voice that threatened to give out, "You don't have to tell me twice. When lightning strikes!"

The ground went crazy as the lights dimmed down. They were beyond pleased, but didn't really care about the song, nor what it was about. Ratliff, on the other hand, was left a bit concerned as he stared at his broken hearted girlfriend.

*Later, The Following Week*

The song Rydel wrote had been blowing up on the internet and over all social media platforms since their live performance and the songs release that following night. Jordan grew annoyed seeing as it was all he was seeing everywhere. Fans of both Jordan's band and Rydel's band seemed to be up in arms and speculating the song Rydel wrote was about Jordan. The majority of the fans were angry thinking Jordan was the one to blame for the break up, others just preferred Ratliff over Jordan and threw their negative comments at Jordan anyway. Barely any fans showed Jordan love and their fan base slowly declined. Jordan grew fed up as anyone would. His brother's were also angry with how many fans they were losing, but they did sympathize with him. Eventually, Jordan grew more fed up and frustrated as he was met for an interview with Rydel on live TV. He didn't know until last minute that it was an interview to get an inside scoop of their break up, nor did he know he was going to have to sit beside Rydel. He wore his dark blue skinny jeans, black and white converse, a dark teal shirt, and his black leather jacket. Sat to his far left was Rydel. She was wearing a black tutu, her pink converse, a pink shirt with leopard print, and her hair was done up with a bow pining it together. Her makeup also matched her outfit perfectly. Both Jordan and Rydel sat on the white leather couch, each one on the furthest side from the other, leaving a lonesome cushion between them. Jordan was closer to the interviewer with the microphone in hand and an annoyed expression on his face. Rydel looked pained, but kept a smile on as the interviewer started, "Hello to all our viewers out there and in our audience today." He announced into the microphone with great enthusiasm and when he adressed the audience they clapped and shouted. The interviewer was sat on the single white leather chair to the right of Jordan. He wore light blue jeans with a rip in each knee and a white t-shirt with the words Hot New Music in bold red lettering. On either of his arms he had some tattoos, but nothing too extravagant. His short dirty blonde hair was styled up exposing his mellow green eyes opposed to if his hair was down. He kept his enegry high as he continued, "Thank you for tuning into Hot New Music: The Inside Scoop. I'm your host Jack McFly. Sitting to my left I am joined with the guitarist of Annoying Little Sister, Jordan Wolf-" When Jack began the introductions, the camera panned wider, revealing Jordan. He anxiously shook his leg which caused the microphone to bounce a bit in his right hand that sat in his lap and he gave a quick wave to the camera with his left. "-And over in that corner is miss Rydel Lynch who is know for occasional killer vocals and sick keyboard skills for R5." He spoke. Rydel also gave a wave and smiled brightly. "Rydel, why is such a pretty girl sitting by herself? Join us." With that said the interviewer shot Jordan a quick glare that was unseen by the cameras and Jordan as Rydel gave a small anxious laugh and slid over.