"Library's Aren't As Safe As They Are Quiet." - Chapter 21

Evan's p.o.v.

"Okay class, this is your final day to work on this in school so get going, I'll be right back." Mrs. Kwee said. I had an earbud in one ear so I could still hear the teacher. I wasn't paying attention though. I mean you can't focus when you're listening to Andy Biersack with his voice booming through your fragile ears, but I don't care because it's Andy Biersack, singing Beautiful Remains. I know I should focus, but I mean, Black Veil Brides inspired me to write my own songs. This is my third one, it's called Bury Me Alive and it's a work in progress. I'm almost done with the project. I'm just not telling my partners that. My earbud was yanked out of my ear.

Looking up, I saw none other than Riker. "What are you listening to?" He asked and without waiting for an answer, he grabbed my phone.

"Hey!" I got up and reached for it but it was no use. He held it above his head and any time I got closer to it, he just raised it higher. I sat back down, defeated and crossed my arms over my chest, letting out a sigh.

He put an earbud in his ear. "Ugh!" He groaned in disgust. "What is this shit? My friends and I make way better music than this untalented fuck!" He then pulled the earbud out.

I had to try very, very hard to ignore his comment. It's fine if you don't like the music I do, but don't shit on it. Instead, I simply said, "None of your business. Where are your idiot friends?" I asked.

"Not here." He answered simply. "Now, you get to work on the project and if not, we're gonna have seriously big problems." He said as he sat next to me, kicking his legs up onto the desk.

That last statement sounded familiar. "Umm, I don't think so." I replied, shaking off the other thought.

He glared at me and then said, "What did you say?"

"I'm not doing this by myself and letting you losers take credit." I stated firmly.

He nodded his slowly and almost sarcastically. "I'd rethink that if I were you." He told me with a brow raised.

Before I could say anything, Mrs. Kwee walked back in. I suppose the timing was for the best, seeing as I never know how to keep my mouth shut. "Everyone back to their seats." She ordered. That's when Riker glared at me before standing and walking back to his desk. Mrs. Kwee rambled a bit about how the project is a huge part of our grade. I watched the clock and when the bell was about to ring, I got up the courage and went over to him with my backpack over my shoulder. Luckily the bell was about to ring. "This is what we're doing. We're going to meet at the library at two and if you're not there with your idiot friends, we're-" I started as I pointed between the both of us. "-We're gonna have problems. So don't be late." I said just in time. The bell rang and everyone ran out of the room. I was quick to walk away and follow the crowd leaving the room. Woah, baby! I can't believe I did that. As I was enjoying my victory, I was quick to fall on my face. I looked back to see Ross, who had tripped me. He had an evil smile planted on his face. I growled to myself as I got up and watched Ross walk the other way with a stupid smirk on his face. Since school was over, I didn't want to get on the bus with any asshole, so I pulled out my phone and called Michael. "Hey, Mikey. Can you pick me up please?"

"I wish I could, but I'm really busy, Babe. Ask one of your brothers." He said.

"Thanks anyway." I said and hung up. Well, I'm not calling Devon. Todd, Drake, and Seth can't drive. I guess I have to call Jordan. I called him and he answered after quite a few rings. "Hey, Jordan. Can you please pick me up, please!" I asked.