"Babysitters." - Chapter 37

Evan's p.o.v.

So, it turns out we're staying at the beach house for the whole summer. Yay! Except I'm not so happy about today. Curious? Of course, you are. So it turns out that Michael and Benny have a date night thing, but rather than being with us at the house, they're going out. Great, right? Yeah for them. Now I won't be alone, but I'm not gonna be with my brothers. Oh, no. They have a late interview plus band practice and they get to sign with a new record. Blah, blah, fucking blah. Wanna hear the conversation? Sure you do.

⏮️

"Evan, come here." Michael called from downstairs. I walked downstairs, to the living room where all my brothers were.

"What?" I asked as I sat on Todd's lap. It's been about a week since everything settled and simmered from the dinner fiasco. We ended up having a family meeting and apologizing to one another. Although, now we all knew a bit too much information about each other.

Michael began, "Evan, Benny-" That's when I looked at Benny, who waved innocently at me. "-And I are going out and-"

"I wanna say! I wanna say!" Seth interrupted, getting really excited.

"Go ahead." Michael said and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Okay! So me, Devon, Jordan- Us, we're signing with a new record label!" Seth smiled, his eyes glistening with excitement.

"Okay and why do I care?" I asked as I rolled my eyes. Deep down, somewhere in the black abyss that is my heart, I did care. I was excited for them. I was only slightly bitter for the fact all my brothers are living their lives to the fullest. I'm not doing jack shit with mine.

"You care because you're going to be home." Drake said and then added, "Alone."

Before I could get excited about that and plan what I wanted to do, Michael intruded on my happiness. "No, no, no, no." Michael started. "Oh, no. Last time I left you and Gavin alone, the house was a mess. You're getting a babysitter."

My jaw dropped. "Are you fucking serious!?"

"Language!" Michael warned.

"Bullshit!" I growled. Another look around and I didn't even see Gavin. He must be with Justin. I huffed softly. So much for him coming with us. I was happy he got a boyfriend. He'd always talk about boys and guys he liked. He also spoke too much about sexual shit he was into. I didn't mind, that's just who he is. I was happy for him, but he's my best friend and I'll be damned if he leaves me for Justin, but if he's happy at the end of the day, I will die with a smile on my face. A painful one.

"Evan, do not start with me." Michael seethed back.

I huffed, "Whatever."

"You'll most likely be alone for six minutes." Benny added with a grin. I rolled my eyes. I hate them. I swear they live to make my life hell.

⏭️

"Okay! Michael, we're heading out!" Jordan yelled.

"Okay, be careful." Michael called back from the kitchen. I watched as five of my brothers left. I rolled my eyes and muttered to myself as I scanning through the channels when something special came up on the news about a YouTube duo I love!