"A Girls Night Out." - Chapter 14

Rydel's p.o.v.

I am currently driving my light blue Volkswagen Beetle, Chubbs, to my boyfriend's house. I had promised Evan we would have a girls' day/night out. Although, she seemed to have cringed at the name of it when I first mentioned it. She never liked the idea of getting in touch with her feminine side. I blame that on the fact she has six brothers. I find it fascinating that Evan and I manage to get along. We are complete opposites. She wears black, I wear pink. She likes rock, I prefer pop. Regardless of us having nothing in common, I still think she's a sweet girl and needs almost an older sister figure in her life. I had also told her she can bring a friend, or two. I'm not sure who she's bringing, but I guess I'll find out. I forgot to mention to her that Laura is joining. As far as I'm aware, Evan and Laura have never met, but I do still wish I had remembered to mention it to her. I have the feeling Evan doesn't like meeting new people. I say that for the fact when Jordan first introduced me to his family, Evan had eyes set to kill. I smiled a bit to myself at the memory as I pulled into the driveway. Laura and I walked to the front door, "Wait until you meet Evan! You'll love her! She's so cute and cool!" I enthused to Laura, in which she just nodded with a face of little to no amusement. I shook it off and took in her outfit. Laura was wearing black flip-flops, blue jegging, a yellow tank top with a red quarter-sleeve kinda jacket with only the top button buttoned. She had a small salmon-colored purse, but I suppose she left that in the car.

She then responded with, "I guess." As I knocked on the door. "Do you think-" Laura started but was cut off when the door opened, revealing a little girl about fourteen-years-old.

The girl had long, dark brown hair that matched her eyes. She had a multi-shade blue flannel on while her jeans were dark blue. On her feet were white converse. "Ello, I'm Hope and you are?" She introduced herself with a cute British accent.

"Hope's a really pretty name." Laura commented.

Hope looked Laura up and down before asking, "Thank you and you are?" For a second time.

"Oh. I'm Rydel and this is Laura." I said pointing to Laura when I said her name, "Are you Evan's friend?" I asked.

"Why yes, I am." She answers with what looked like a forced smile.

Soon enough, Jordan's voice was heard, yelling, "Who's at the door?!"

"Come see for yourself!" She snapped at him. Despite the attitude, this girl didn't seem like someone Evan would hang around with.

Hope waved before walking off and soon after Jordan appeared, "Oh, hey, babe." He said to me as he pecked my lips.

"Hey, baby. Are Evan and her friends ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." He answered then leaned back into the house, shouting, "EVAN, HURRY UP!" He then rested his head in the door frame, smiling at me. "Oh, hey, Laura." Jordan greeted after realizing she was there and added a light wave. Laura didn't seem amused. She just gave a tiny smile and rolled her eyes. She was also a bit sassy. Soon enough, Evan ran out the door, almost knocking Jordan over with Hope and another Hope chasing her. There are two Hope's?

"Okay, we'll be back soon. Okay, baby?" I told Jordan.

"Sure. Bye, babe." He said and pulled me into an even longer kiss.

Apparently it was taking too long because all the girls except Laura yelled, "Ewww!"

Jordan and I pulled away and then Jordan chuckled, "Just wait till you girls get a boyfriend." Laura and I just smiled while two out of three girls blushed. Evan seemed unamused. "Oh and if Evan, or the other girls act up, you can punish them, okay?" Jordan told me.