"Things May Be Getting Better." - Chapter 47

Evan's p.o.v.

I woke up in my bed. The last thing I remember was yelling at everyone. Now I'm in my bed, wrapped in my black super cuddly blanket, with a killing headache. I sat up and rubbed my head slightly, I was in my boxers and tank top from yesterday. To be honest, I'm so glad I slept through my birthday. Guess what? I'm fourteen, big deal, who cares? I got up and put on some Batman sweats and kept my Pierce The Veil tank top on. I tied up my hair in a sloppy bun and looked at myself in the mirror. I hate myself. I quickly left my room so I wouldn't see the horrifying monster looking back at me. I got downstairs and sat on the couch. I switched the channel to ABC family where The Nightmare Before Christmas was playing. I smiled on the inside and watched as Jack Skellington fell into the new world of bright lights and cold flakes that fell from the sky. I really hope my brothers don't talk to me about yesterday. I felt bad for yelling, but I was overly stressed out and I want to pretend it never happened. "I've got to know, I've got to know. What is this place that I have found? What is this!?" I sang softly to the end of the song.

"Don't bloody mess around with me." A British voice rang throughout the kitchen. I know that voice. I muted the TV and sat up a bit in an attempt to hear better.

"Oh, yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" That without a doubt was Todd and he was taunting this man.

"I'll beat your little bitch arse." The man said. I know that voice like I know the back of my hand. My eyes widened a bit.

"Yes, Sir. We're sorry." Drake said.

"Now that's more like it." The man's voice changed into more of a proud, confident tone. Drake's only scared of one person I know, but who? Who is it?

"Where's my little monkey?" He called loudly. That was the biggest giveaway yet. I raced out of the living room and into the kitchen, managing to trip on the one step I constantly forget is there just like in our house back home. "Monkey?" He questioned as he tilted his head to one side.

I smiled up at him. "Uncle Felix!"

"Well, I'd hope. I'm no clone." His British accent sank into my heart. His smile was always so charming. Felix was my mom's brother, they were so close. God rest her soul. I missed Felix. He was and is my favorite Uncle. He was just the best and I lost touch with him after all the bad shit that went down. Which is another story for another time. My mom was born and grew up in the UK. She moved here for our Dad and we were born in the US. None of us kept up with an accent and by the time I was able to speak, no one was talking with an accent. There was no impression to be made on me. Felix held his hand out, "Are you just gonna lay there, or are you gonna give me a hug?" I grabbed his hand and he helped me to my feet. I hugged him tightly. "Monkey, I need to breathe." He chuckled slightly as he loosened his grip on me.

"I missed you! I missed you so much!" I said and loosened my grip as well.

"Missed you too." He smiled down at me and then broke the hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Whot? Can I not surprise my nephews and niece?" He ruffled my hair a bit. That's just going to make it harder to brush.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You had any day to visit us, why today?"

"Todd invited me. He finally got in contact with me and well, here I am." Felix said with a smile. I turned to Todd who was holding a nerf gun and grinning like an idiot.