"Another Year Older." - Chapter 46

Evan's p.o.v.

I woke up around noon. It was 12:47. The house was silent, weird. I usually wake up to screaming, fighting, swearing, and all the above. What's going on? My phone beeped signaling I got a text.

From: Gavin-da-man!
To: Evan-666-love!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy happy birthday!

I giggled a little at my phone, then sent my reply.

From: Evan-666-love!
To: Gavin-da-man!
Thanks, Gavin, love ya. By any chance do you know where my brothers went?

From: Gavin-da-man!
To: Evan-666-love!
Nope, I gotta go. See ya later. XD

I sighed to myself. Course... I placed my phone on my bed, then went downstairs. I didn't bother changing, cause I can walk around the house in my boxers and tank top. It's not illegal. Granted, my brothers were bothered at first, but I continued and their teasing and comments faded with time. I made my way downstairs and walked into the living room, balling my hand into a fist to rub my eye as a kitten-like yawn left my lips. Despite trying as hard as possible to be badass, I've noticed things that give me away and people would deem adorable.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" People screamed. Confetti was thrown, balloons were all over the place, and streamers as well. I bit my lip, which was a bad habit of mine. This would have made me smile... but I didn't.

Todd hugged me from behind. "Happy birthday, Eva."

Gavin came up to me as well. "Happy birthday!" He said then hugged me.

"I thought you had to go.." I said in the most monotone voice ever.

"It was for the surprise." He smiled, but gave me a slightly confused look. My brothers were talking amongst each other and Benny was kissing Michael.

*knock, knock*

"Evan, get the door!" Michael yelled. I rolled my eyes and went to the door, I opened it and was not pleased.

"Happy birthday, Pretty." Greg said. I walked away from the door, but Greg grabbed my hand and pulled me into the other room. "You know the kiss we had?" Greg started.

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"No, you don't. It never happened." He said.

"Fine, whatever." I said.

"By the way, here you go. Happy birthday." Greg gave me a soft velvet box.

I opened it and inside was a Claddagh ring. I've always wanted one. "Thanks, Greg." I said.

Greg nodded. He grabbed me by the waist and dragged me to the living room. "I caught her."

Shit.

"Birthday spanks." Greg spoke and then bent me over the arm of the couch and rained the first five.

"My turn!" Gavin said, landing his five. Kind of harsh if you ask me.

"Meeeee!" Todd said. He went some-what easy. Then Michael went, also somewhat easy.