"When Lightning Strikes!" - Chapter 52

3rd person p.o.v.

So, turns out Rydel walked into her house when Evan was ranting and saying Jordan had a new girlfriend. Guilt washed over her after hearing Evan. "How could I have done that to him?" She asked herself, softly. Ratliff saw Rydel in the kitchen, heading upstairs after Seth and Evan left. Ratliff got up and walked over to her and pulled her into a kiss. Rydel pulled away. "Elli, not now." She spoke and walked upstairs. She made her way to her bedroom and started writing.

Ratliff frowned a bit and went back downstairs to the living room where all the guys made kissy faces. "Fuck off!"

*Next Day*

"How you doing out there tonight, Chicago!?" Rydel yelled into the microphone as she stood on the left platform across from her boyfriend, Ratliff, who was on the right platform behind the drum set. The crowd screamed as Rydel stood in the spotlight, her mini skirt, shimmering. Her crop top sparkled with the word love written across her chest. She made her way down the stairs and to the front of the stage, not once did the spotlight leave her. "Like my skirt?" She asked and shook her waist a bit when she was stood front and center and in response, the crowd roared with excitement. "Here's a new song and it goes out to someone very special." She told the audience before her brothers and new boyfriend began playing their instruments. Twelve seconds later Rydel began singing, "There ain't no way that I-I-I could ever forget you." She swung her head side to side a bit, feeling the music before continuing, "I can't remember why I e-ever went and left you." As the pre-chorus cued, her brothers echoed a few words of the following lyrics, "Maybe I was hit in my head. Maybe must've been something that I said. Ba-by, I want to take it back to-ni-ight~" She sang and made her way to the edge of the stage and waved at some fans, who naturally screamed.

"Woah-oh-oh~" Her brothers sang together.

"Oh, oh, oh-oh." She sang and her brothers all sang after, "No-oh-oh~" But held their notes a little longer.

"You don't have to tell me twice when lightning strikes." She sang out and walked to the right side of the stage to wave at the neglected fans.

"Oh, oh, oh-oh." The crowd chimed in, loudly after Rydel pointed the mic to the crowd. "Oh, oh, oh-oh."

"You don't have to tell me twice! When lightning strikes." Rydel made her way around the stage spinning around as the music continued for a minute. While the music progressed with the same shuffle beat on drums, Rydel chimed in with a soft, "Ey, ey, ey, ey, ey-" She then stopped her spinning and dancing as she stood beside her youngest brother on stage, Ross, who was stood in the middle of the stage. She wrapped her arm around his neck loosely. Seeing as Ross stood a bit taller than her, despite being younger, he helped her out by lowering himself to the ground a bit. She cracked a smile as she continued with the next verse and brought the mic back to her pink lip-glossed lips, "So obvious that I-I-I wasn't seeing clearly," She then shook her hips a bit as she grooved to the music. "'Cause right before my ey-ey-eyes you were disappearing." She then ruffled Ross' hair and walked over to Rocky, who was stood on the left side of the stage. She rested her right arm on his shoulder and brought the microphone back up to her lips, aiming it between her and Rocky so he could sing backup, "If I could just go back in time, say the words to blow your mind. Loneliness is such a crime. There ain't a thing I wouldn't do- I wouldn't do, yeah." She then stepped away from her other younger brother and walked to the front of the stage. "Maybe I wouldn't have been so crazy, I was stupid letting you go. Ba-by, I want to take it back to-ni-ight~" She held the note for a bit while her brothers echoed her words. When her breath ran out, she walked over to her last brother that was stood on stage, Riker. He was hitting the notes on his bass consecutively and smiled at his little sister as she hugged his waist.