"Bullshit!" - Chapter 9

Evan's p.o.v.

We all walked into the living room after Michael yelled. Before I walked in, Todd grabbed my shoulder. "Will you catch me if I fall?" He asked. I knew exactly what that meant.

I nodded. "Will you catch me?"

Without hesitation, he answered, "Always." It was our way of telling each other not to rat the other out and to protect each other. We have used that saying since we were younger. Todd is the brother I'm the closest to. He always has my back and he is always caring when my other brothers aren't.

"What's up with your nose?" I asked. I did see it earlier, bit I was too annoyed with Seth to question it.

He shook his head. "Drake punched me." I cringed a bit looking at it. We walked into the living room. Devon was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest with an expression that was much less-than-impressed. Jordan was sitting on the arm of the couch. Seth is on the other arm of the couch. Drake was next to Jordan. Todd sat next to Seth and I chose to sit on his lap. Why would I bother taking up more space on our couch? Todd wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me securely.

Michael walked in after and started his lecture, "First off, what did I say before you guys left for school?" He asked and pinched the bridge of his nose. A moment of silence went by. "Come on, all together." He said and gestured with his arms for us to speak up like a conductor conducting a musical composition.

"No problems, no Friends, straight home after school." We all spoke in unison. Well, some of us delayed and some mumbled, except for Devon. Devon didn't open his mouth.

"Correct! Now, what happened after school?" He asked.

"Evan didn't come straight home!" Drake yelled.

"Fuck you!" I yelled back.

"Hey!" Michael cut in, trying to stop the bickering. "Here, I'll make it easy for all of you. Oldest to youngest, their story. Devon you're first." He told us and gestured for Devon to speak. This wasn't fair.

Devon rolled his eyes and started, "I got home, went upstairs, and slept."

"Wow. Thanks for the details." Michael rolled his eyes. "Was everyone on the bus?" He asked.

"Yeah, everyone but Evan!" Seth yelled before Devon could answer.

Before I could open my mouth, Michael said, "Hey,-"

Seth replied, "Yeah?"

"Shut up." He turned his direction to Devon. "Is this true?"

Devon nodded. "Yes, sir. Yes, it is." I was about to cut in, but Todd covered my mouth. Devon could be such a golden boy and/or kiss-ass.

Michael sighed. "Alright, Jordan, your turn."

They all explained the same story. Not only because Devon was giving them a look saying, 'don't you do it', but keeping in mind, he's the second oldest. So, they must obey orders. Not to mention, they'd rat me out anyway. When they finished explaining the same story, Devon opened his mouth, "Well, Evan, looks like you're beat. That's five to one. You're screwed." He said with a smirk. I can't believe Todd! He totally betrayed me! I pulled from Todd as soon as he finished saying the same as the others. I knew deep down he didn't mean to. He had no choice. He also wasn't there when Devon kicked me out, but he didn't have to follow the story exactly. This also took much longer than it had to, because it turned into a how was school?