"I'll Be The Shoulder You Cry On." - Chapter 6

Benny's p.o.v.

I just watched Devon kick Evan out of their house. His own little sister. Oh, my bad, his baby sister. The youngest out of all of them. After Devon slammed and locked the door, he walked to the couch and started eating a bag of chips that was left on the coffee table. I could hear Evan pounding and trying to unlock the door. I was about to open it, but decided not to. She just always gets on my bad side and is just so annoying. So she deserves this, right? I could feel the guilt starting to eat at me. "Uhhh..." Was all I managed to say as I turned to Devon, who only looked at me with a disdained expression.

"Don't look at me like that. I know what I did." He said. He seemed to have no guilt. He happily just ate another chip.

I looked at my phone. Shit. "Look, Devon, I gotta go." I said grabbing my jacket.

"Aww, why?" He pouted.

"Because my Mom said home by two and it's almost four. Plus I don't want you to get in trouble with Michael. I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?" I said as I opened the door.

"Fine." He sighed and continued to eat his bag of chips.

I left their house and looked around. I didn't see Evan anywhere. I got in my car, shaking off the guilty feeling once more. I put the radio on and the song playing was last resort by Papa Roach. I slipped my sunglasses on and I drove off to my house. Hey, I'm not that much of an asshole. If I saw her, maybe I would have offered her a ride, but she was nowhere in sight.

Gavin's p.o.v.

It's been almost fifteen minutes since I got off the phone with Evan and I was really worried. If I know Evan, she hates when I see her cry, let alone other people. Two more minutes passed and I heard the back door open. I ran out of my room and I took the sharp turn, hoping to see Evan, but sadly it was only my older sister, Ivy, walking through the back door. The back door leading to the kitchen might as well be the front door. Everyone comes in and out that way. "What? Expecting your girlfriend to be here? Oh wait, you don't have one." She said with a laugh before going back to texting.

 I rolled my eyes. I turned around and went back into my room. Five more minutes went by and I heard a knock on the front door. I ran over and opened it to reveal Evan. Seeing her like that made my heart break. My best friend had tears streaming down her beautiful, pale face, and instead of a smile that would light up the world, she had a painful frown that could cause the world to crumble. I've been friends with her my entire life and never once have I seen her look so broken. I put my arms out and without hesitation she dove into them, crying even more than she was before. "It's okay." I said soothingly.

"No, it-it's not." She replied.

"Come on, calm down." I hushed her and broke the hug, but she still clung to me. I wrapped one arm around her and closed the door with the other one. I took her to my room and Micky followed us. I sat her on my bed while I shut my door. I then sat down next to her and she curled up next to me. I began rubbing her back, in an attempt to soothe her. She started to calm down a bit which caused me to look down at her. "You wanna tell me what happened?" I asked.

"W-Well-" She started, but I cut her off.

"Calm down first, okay?" I said softly.

"O-kay." She took a few deep breaths. "Well, first I was riding my skateboard h-home when I ran into a couple of people and all my shit w-went flying, including my skateboard and I don't even know where it went." She paused and took another deep breath before continuing, "Then I got home and I got into a little argument with Benny. Then I went upstairs only to be greeted by one of Michael's old friends that I'm friends with. Greg." She smiled when she said his name. "Then when he left, I was left with Devon and Benny and then I got into an argument with D-Devon and h-he kick-kicked me o-out of t-the h-ho-house and-" She didn't finish her sentence due to the fact she started sobbing.

"Shh, it's okay." I said while holding her. I continued to rub her back, trying to sooth her. When she was slightly calmer, I asked, "Then what?"

"Well, before Devon kicked me out and after Greg left, I got mean text messages that said sh-shit like go die, you suck, skank, sl-slut and-" She continued to cry and buried herself into my white sweatshirt I was currently wearing. She never tells me much of what's going on and I know it's because she doesn't want me to worry. I think I'm worrying more now because she's telling me everything. Perhaps it's just a bad day, but this Had to have been building. I know kids at school pick on her. I don't understand why though. She is all anyone could ask for. I may have the alternative look as well, but I don't deal with nearly what Evan puts up with. My brother and sister are beyond popular which makes me popular by default. Although, the people I hang around occasionally aren't the ones who harm my best friend.

After putting together the pieces of her story, I frowned at her. "Oh, Evan." I broke the hug and lifted her head, placing my fingertips under her chin. "You know they're just jealous, stupid fuckers. Those are such untrue things. You're the most important, beautiful, crazy person I've met. God, am I happy I met you." I smiled softly. "I don't know where I'd be if you weren't here. Who cares what those bitchy sluts at school say. I love you and that's all that matters." I told her. I knew my words weren't enough to protect her heart that was already hurting, but words were all I had right now. "As for your dick brother, he can't kick you out. You're only thirteen. He still has to wait a whole 'nother five years until he can kick you out." I chuckled softly. I watched her force a smile only so I knew she acknowledged my joke, but I don't blame her for the falseness that was her smile for the fact it was in poor taste. "Always know that no matter where you are, or what you do, I will always be there for you. Tell me you know that and will never forget?" I told her.

She smiled a little and managed to say, "I know. Thanks Ga-Gavin. What would I do witho-out you?" She said with a few hiccups.

"Nothin'." I said which made her smile a bit more. I leaned back on my pillows, "Come here." I called, patting the spot right next to me and held my hand out. She took it and laid back with me. I started playing 'Savior' by Black Veil Brides on my phone, knowing that song meant a lot to both of us, and in about three, or so minutes we both fell asleep next to each other.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Yay 6 chapters!!

And I'm still sick, this stupid cold won't leave me alone!

Anyway as usual you don't wanna hear my problems. So, kind of long, not too bad.

If you have any prompts, let me know!

If you read this, leave a :)

And still need to know if R5 and botdf should be famous.

Help me out people, please.

Well, gotta go! See ya!!