"Running Away Causes More Problems In The Long Run." - Chapter 22

Evan's p.o.v.

I woke up in a white room. A lot of medical equipment all around. I tried opening my eyes, but they felt so heavy. When I was able to open them a bit, my eyesight was still slightly blurry. I went to move, but couldn't. Pain shot throughout my entire body. "Ahh..." I winced softly. Footsteps were heard coming toward the bed I was laying on. I could only make out a tall figure, but I could only picture is it being Ratliff, or one of the Lynch boys, so I screamed.

"Hey, hey, it's just me." A voice said as they approached the side of the bed. I couldn't quite see who it was, but it sounded like Benny?

"Where am I?" I asked and rubbed my eyes in an attempt to get some of my vision back. Even lifting my arms hurt.

"A hospital." He replied vaguely. My vision cleared up, but only in one eye. My other eye remained mostly shut and I did see Benny. I was never one to show Benny when I'm intimidated, but all I was right now was intimidated.

"Why are you here? Where are my brothers?" I asked getting slightly scared of him. I felt very vulnerable right now. Then again, I'm scared of Devon most days and Benny is his best friend. I've had plenty of terrible encounters with them, so can you blame me?

"Your brothers are on their way and I saved your life." Benny said before sitting in one of the uncomfortable chairs placed in the room next to the bed.

I turned my head to him. "You. Saved me? Ha!" I started laughing. "Ow." I can't even do that.

Benny smiled a bit, but I'm not sure if he too thought it was funny, or if it was because I winced in pain. "You know, I didn't have to. I could have let you rot-" A knock came to the door interrupting Benny's sentence. The door opened to reveal all six of my brothers. They all crowded around me except Devon who went to talk to Benny.

Devon's p.o.v.

"What happened?" I asked Benny. I'm not one to really care when Evan gets hurt. Half the time I find amusement in it, but seeing her hooked up to machines like that was honestly scary. I've never seen her in such bad condition. She was bruised and swollen. Even I couldn't manage to hurt her that badly.

"Look, none of this had to do with me." He stated. Honestly, I wouldn't care if Benny hurt my sister, they've gotten into fights multiple times, but Benny wouldnt go this far. "I was driving to the library for books I needed and I heard groans and cries of pain. So, me being very curious, I went to the back and saw Evan covered in blood. I picked her up and brought her to the hospital." Benny explained. "She fought me the entire ride here and saying she was fine, but dude, she was bleeding everywhere."

I furrowed my brow. "Do you know who did this?" I asked. I was curious to know who managed this, but then again, I can't say I'd go out of my way to defend Evan.

"Nope. I got to the library the second it was about to close." Benny answered. "Didn't even get my books." He added softly.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Look, I'll call you later. Thanks." I said and walked over to Evan, seeing as Michael just walked out. Benny left shortly after. I said no words and just stared at my black and blue sister. Todd was the only one who seemed to have actually cared, he was close to crying as he held her hand. Drake being the pain in the ass he is, kept poking her and asking, does this hurt? Jordan was in the same stance as me, arms crossed over his chest, leaning on the wall, and staring. Seth seemed occupied with his own thoughts.