Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Akashi stopped you when you were going after Seien who was excitedly pushing the cart. "Let's have a talk first." Akashi said.

"Now? But Seien-"

"Yes, now." Akashi nodded with seriousness which made your heart beat nervously. You already know what it is about...the result of the test that Saruhiko took with Seien.

"(Name)." Akashi led you inside an empty room. "About the result,"

"I'm listening." you responded, "but is it necessary to talk about this now? I mean, we can talk about this privately at home."

"Yes, that is the plan."Akashi nodded, "But father too, is expecting the result."

"He doesn't know does he?" you inquired nervously. You both never told Masaomi that there is a possibility that Seien is his grandson. All that they are to know is that Akashi is helping you with this case by claiming that he is the father--which luckily, Masaomi allowed to happen.

"He doesn't. I never told anyone regarding the matter. He accepted Seien as what he is...your son."

"I am grateful for that." you murmured quietly.

"Yes. As I am." Akashi agreed, "He was quite angry when I came the other day to pick up Seien. He doesn't care who Seien's father is. And yet, I allowed Saruhiko to have the test."

"What is the use of the result when we both know who Seien's father is-"

"Having Saruhiko take the test personally is the only thing that will end this issue, since you refuse to believe anything coming from the court." You didn't answer, it was true. You didn't believe the result that the court announced.

"For now, I'm leaving this to you." Akashi handed an envelope to you. "I will go and greet father and inform him that we have arrived. I haven't seen Saruhiko's result he just let me have the envelope and asked me to take this to you."

"This-" you looked at the envelope and opened it, but Akashi stopped you.

"Wait, (Name)." he said, stopping you from opening the envelope.

Akashi made you look up at his pair of red orbs.

"Whatever is inside that envelope, my love for Seien will never change. What is yours is mine, and what you love will be loved and protected by me." Akashi said, "Keep that in mind." Akashi just assured you that he accepts Seien and there's nothing that will change that.

With that, Akashi turned and left the room to give you privacy. When he closed the door behind him, you opened the envelope and started reading the paper's contents despite knowing what the result is already.

Your heart stopped upon reading the result.

"The alleged father, Tomoe Saruhiko is excluded as the biological father of (last name) Seien. This conclusion is based on the non-matching alleles observed at the loci listed above with a PI equal to 0. The alleged father lacks the genetic markers that must be contributed to the child by the biological father. The probability of paternity is 0%."

Shocked from what you had read, you didn't notice that the paper had already slipped from your hands.

"Saruhiko is not Seien's..."

---AKASHI---

*flashback*

"My apologies for making you wait, I have the result here now." The doctor showed the paper to the both of them. But stopped midway when Saruhiko touched the paper.

"Wait." The doctor said. Tomoe looked at Akashi and Saruhiko. "Before anything else, I'm a specialist regarding these matter, and as a doctor...I'd like to speak to the client in private than having this conversation in public." The doctor directed his gaze at Akashi.

"I understand." Akashi closed his eyes in disappointment, he wanted to hear it coming from the doctor's mouth... But it can't be helped. Akashi stood up and left the room.

'It doesn't matter. Whatever the result will be, Seien is mine.'
The doctor showed Saruhiko the result of his test.

"What does this mean? This is impossible!" Saruhiko said in disbelief as he read the last part of the DNA result, "The alleged father, Tomoe Saruhiko is excluded as the biological father of (last name) Seien. This conclusion is based on the non-matching alleles observed at the loci listed above with a PI equal to 0. The alleged father lacks the genetic markers that must be contributed to the child by the biological father. The probability of paternity is 0%."