Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Can we take this conversation to my office?" Akashi interrupted. He gestured at Seien and then grabbed you before walking to the direction of his home office.

Akashi let you inside his office.

"Akashi-san,"

"Seijurou." He corrected.

"Seijurou-san," you sighed, "I was being selfish for signing your papers."

"Ah yes, about the papers..." Akashi walked to his table where a brown envelope was placed, he took out few papers out of it. "I believe we cannot pull out the papers anymore. It has been processed and is already registered."

"Wait- that fast?"

"Yes. Shishido-san sent this earlier." He showed you the papers.

Marriage licence and the Akashi Family Registry where you and Seien's name was officially added.

"This means we're-"

"Officially married. You are now the officially the lady of the house, my wife."

"Is there a way to cancel this?"

"The only way is to have a divorce--annulment, but it will take time. And I don't recommend doing that--specially not when Tomoe is after Seien's custody."

"But I dont want to cause more trouble."

"I already know what kind of trouble I am associating myself in when I asked for you to sign the papers the other night. There are no regrets."

"But how about your happiness? When you found the right person that you want to marry? What if she question the reason behind you being a divorced man-'

"That will not happen." Akashi assured you.

"You cannot say that, you don't know what happens in the future." You looked guiltily at Akashi. "I'm very sorry Akashi-san, you wouldn't be in this mess if I-"

"Don't think about that too much. For now we will have yo focus on securing your position for Seien's custody." Akashi reminded you, "My men delivered a mail today, it was addressed to your house when Sora-san was not home." Akashi handed you the white envelope.

You examined the letter, it was addressed to you coming from Ichinose's firm.

Your eyes widened. She was not bluffing. There was indeed a letter addressed to you.

You opened it and started reading the contents...

It was stated there that they are asking for a DNA test to prove that Seien is related to the Tomoe's. If Proven that they are related, they will file for legal custody of the boy since they are more capable also they can provide a happy family and environment for Seien than to be with a single working mother.

Also added on the bottom was another case that his wife filed- it was hiding the child from its biological father. Seien's existence is now the future of the Tomoe's and so on.

You closed your eyes and breathed out heavily.

Akashi watched the stressed look on your face- he didn't like it.

"I don't have to ask for the content of the letter, it is already written all over your face." He said.

"They're asking for a DNA test." You quietly said.

"If you decline, they will be forced to let the court handle everything that might cause a post-trauma experience for Seien."

"Ichinose-san said the same thing earlier today." You sighed.

"I already know, one of my subordinates' son suffered the same thing. The boy was six, he is already capable of understanding what is happening around him and was also very close to his mother. They fought for the custody in the end the child went to the father, but his attitude changed over the years, he was a cheerful kid back then, now he left his father and is living a delinquent life in the age of 12."

"That's terrible!" you gasped.

"Yes." Akashi agreed,  "But it can't be helped, the father re-married and the lady didn't want the child from his previous wife..."

"..."

"But in our case, Tomoe's wife wanted Seien because he couldn't give him a child." Your eyes widened at the information that Akashi supplied.

"How did you know that?" You gasped.

"It was all in her medical records. But was kept hidden to the public since she's a well known person in the society."

"How come you know those details?"

"Background check." Akashi answered, "I told you that I will help."

"I can't believe this! Because his wife couldn't give him a heir they'll be going after my son!" You crumpled the paper in your hand in irritation.

Akashi watched you grit your teeth in annoyance and controlled anger. While he enjoy watching your expressions, he wasn't pleased that it was not because of him..but instead, because of Saruhiko.

"I'll have to contact my lawyer first thing in the morning." You said to particularly no one. "Thank you for handling me the letter, Akashi-san."

"Seijurou." He corrected again.

"Sorry- I cannot help it." You apologized with a sad smile.

"You can't call me Akashi-san anymore as you are now officially an Akashi yourself."

"I can keep my last name in the office, right?"

"That is possible, but sooner or later they will find out." Akashi said.

"I understand. It can't be helped, right?"

"Yes, and it will be a great help for you too when the time comes...with the custody."

"Thank you." You told him, "Thank you very much for all the assistance, Akashi-san."

"I'll do my best to help you with this, (name)." Akashi stared at you. 'Just don't disappear again like that last time.' He mentally added.

"Let's call it a night, you will have to leave early tomorrow correct?"

"Ah- yes." Akashi is correct. You have to check your project in Nagano. "I almost forgot. Thank you for reminding me."

You walked to the door and opened it but before you could take a step out of the room Akashi spoke...

"Don't you think that this situation would be more better if Seien is my son and not Tomoe's?" Akashi called after you.

You could only stare at Akashi.

"You cannot deny the fact that something happened between the two of us 'that' day." Akashi reminded you.

"W-what are you talking about Akashi-san?" Memories came back rushing to you and it cause the redness of your cheeks.

The memories of that morning when Akashi tried to wake you up for the submission of your term paper...and then it led to...having sex with him.

"That would be great don't you think?" A hand brushed the strands of hair from your face.

Akashi was already standing right in front of you. He was few inches away...you were suddenly become conscious of the distance of the two of you.

"Akashi-san, don't joke like that-"

"Who said something about joking?" He asked quietly. His fingers lingered at the back of ear.

"A-Aka-"

"Think about it..." Akashi leaned and whispered to your ear "If Seien is mine, Tomoe wouldn't get a chance nor rights to come after Seien. And we don't have to fight for his custody because we are married now...under the law." Akashi tapped the papers on his desk. The papers was the one Shishido sent him...legal papers that states that you are now legally Akashi's...wife.

Your face was red from his actions. You just can't handle things like this.

"Your reactions are like of those innocent ones." Akashi chuckled. "I love that flushed face of yours the most." Akashi commented when he tilted your chin to look up at him.

"It reminds me of that morning."

"Akashi-san," You smiled as if taking his words as teasing jokes, "Stop already." You pushing his hand gently off you.

Akashi was surprised that you were able to snap out of your blushing state.

"We both decided to forget what happened back then." you reminded him.

Akashi was once again surprised when you reminded him of the conversation you had with him during that day.