Chapter 9

Chapter 9

You came back as promised after you dropped Seien to his class and picked the things that you needed from your house.

When you arrived at Akashi's place, he was already waiting for you. Next to him was his butler holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm back." You greeted and Akashi smiled at you.

"Welcome back." He responded and you walked to him and took the flowers from his butler's arms.

"Are you ready to go?" Akashi asked you.

"Yes. I readied the reports that I need inside my car so I can go straight to my meeting right after."

"Good. Let's go." Akashi led you to his car.

It was a quiet drive. Akashi led the way to his mother's resting place.

When you got there you were surprised to find the grave filled with white flowers and a half lighted incense.

Akashi smiled sadly as if he was silently talking to his mother before closing his eyes to pray.

'Hello, Akashi-san...' you greeted quietly and placed the bouquet of flower down in front of her grave and closed your eyes to pray.

You silently introduced yourself to her and told her that Akashi is looking after you and lastly you greeted her happy birthday and wished for her happiness in heaven.

"Mother, this is (name)." You heard introduce to you. You quietly gave respect by bowing as if Akashi is introducing you to a living person, "She is the new lady of the house."

"Eh?" You turned to Akashi in surprise. "Wait!"

"She is my wife." He interrupted. "I apologize for not taking her here for you to meet sooner. But we are here now." Akashi finished.

You could only stay and stand quietly next to Akashi with a flushed face.

After a couple of silent moment, Akashi held your hand gently in his own.

"We will have to go now, Okaa-san." Akashi started again, "I know you are happy in where you are right now. Please continue to watch over us...and Happy birthday."

You let Akashi held your hand until you reached his car where his driver is waiting.

"You shouldn't have said that, Akashi-san."

"Which one?"

"That I'm your-"

"My what?"

"Your---er--the--you shouldn't have introduced me as the...lady of your house." You whispered the last part.

"Why? That's the truth."

"But still..." you didn't try to finish you sentence anymore as you are already aware that Akashi will just ignore them. And besides, no harm was done. He was just introducing you to his mother.

The drive back to Akashi's house was again, quiet. No one was talking between the two of you. But the silence is comforting.

You still have three hours before your meeting so when Akashi asked if the two of you could have an early lunch you agreed.

While the servants prepares the lunch, the two of you went to Akashi's office.

"(Name), I was invited to attend a dinner party." Akashi started, "its for tomorrow."

"...Okay." There was a short moment of pause before you could finally realize what he was telling you. "I mean, its okay. Seien will understand."

"No, it's not that." Akashi continued, "The trip to the zoo will still happen. But right after we will need to attend the party."

"Will you not be tired by then? We can still reschedule you know."

"We have more than enough time, (name)." Akashi assured you as he pulled a rectangular box from his drawer.

"Sorry, 'we'?" You inquired just to be sure that you heard him right with the 'We have more than enough..'

"Yes. You and I." Akashi clarified. "Saito had already arranged and everything is in order. We will go straight to the hotel where he booked us a suite where we can change and Seien will be looked after." Akashi informed you.

"The dinner party will be held at the same hotel as well."

"Do I really have to go with you? I mean- this is all so sudden."

"You don't have to worry, its just a dinner party. We can arrive and leave early." He assured you. "And also, this is for you."

Akashi placed the box in front of you. You stared at the box for a moment until he ordered you to open it.

"Open it." And you did.

"I cannot accept this." You immediately said closing the box. It was a set of jewelry that looks very very beautiful and expensive.

Akashi frowned.

"And why is that?"

"Because that's too expensive!"

"But its a gift."

"Still too expensive"

"Its a gift." Akashi pressed. "My first gift for the lady of the house. Please accept it."

"I cannot-really" you pushed it back to him. Akashi sighed, he was already expecting this to happen.

"I'm not pleased with this." Akashi said with a sigh, "since you won't accept my gift, please accept this one..."

"Hm?" Akashi reached for your hand and kissed the back of it. "Akashi-!"

Your face heat up immediately and turned red.

"You will accept that right?" Akashi looked into your eyes, waiting for your answer.

"...as if I can still decline to that when it is already done." You answered quietly, looking away from Akashi's gaze.

"Perfect. And now for another thing that you must always have on you." Akashi pulled a ring box from his pocket.

"Wait-" you pulled your hand from his hold, but he held them tightly. "This is embarrassing."

"What is?" Akashi asked innocently. "I'm just going to put a ring on your finger...It should be a wedding ring, but... "

Akashi opened the box revealing a Platinum, Ruby stone - Ballerine Solitaire [Cartier style]...it was a simple ring and doesnt stand out like other rings worn by famous people, but you are sure as hell that it wasn't just any ring from a random luxury jewelry store.