Chapter 20

Chapter 20

That night, you weren't able to get back to sleep, but knowing Akashi and sharing the same bed every night, you knew that he will immediately notice if you weren't able to sleep, so you closed your eyes and just let your thoughts wander to Saruhiko's suggestion the other night.

"Are you going to deny your son his real father?"

You frowned at the thought and opened your eyes. The thought of Seien finally meeting his real father disgusts you, but you didn't want to deny your son the rights...

'Kamisama, I don't want to wake up in the morning.'

You shut your eyes tightly as to clear your thoughts... if you die tonight, Saruhiko might have his chance.

NO!

Your hand instinctively gripped the sheets under the duvet in realization that you just suddenly want to end everything just like that because Saruhiko is the father??

No. No, freakin way.

"No," you heard a voice coming from the back of your head, literally. "I will make sure he won't lay a hand on Seien, (name)."

Your eyes opened in surprise and looked over your shoulder, and found Akashi's eyes on you.

"You're awake!" You gasped in surprise.

"Do you think I can sleep knowing you are worried for tomorrow?" Akashi said as he sat up.

"Sorry." You quietly apologized.

"It's alright." Akashi assured you, "I completely understand you. While I am confident that we are going to take home Seien whatever the result is, you are not. But I wish you share the same confidence I am having right now."

There was silence, and you just watched Akashi's sincere statements.

"But it can't be helped, you are a mother to little Seien."

Another silence erupted and Akashi decided that you need to sleep as he needed to sleep too. He is not worried of tomorrow, but he cannot just let you lay there awake.
He slipped out of bed turned to you before you can speak and ask him where he was going.

"A glass of milk will help you go to sleep," he said, "I will make one, just wait there."

"You don't have to-" but Akashi is already outside the door. When he came back, he was holding a cup of milk and he handed it to you.

"Drink," he gently ordered, "it will help you go to sleep."

"Thanks." You accepted the cup and took a sip and then eventually emptied the cup.

Indeed the warm milk helped you and when your head touched the pillow, you couldn't help but close your eyes and sleep.

Akashi watched as you closed your eyes shortly after finishing the milk. He didn't want you to over think of tomorrow's result, so he added something on your cup to help you.

"Sleep, my (name)." Akashi whispered as he stare at your now unconscious form under the covers.

"Tomorrow is the start of a new life."

---AKASHI---

A cold hand reached to your face, down to your shoulders and stopped on your sides.

"--my!" You faintly heard a voice calling you.

"-ommy!" You heard it again and then you felt your side was being gently shake.

"Mommy, wake up!" You opened your eyes and found Seien smiling down to you.

"Good morning, mommy!" The little boy greeted and then you smiled.

"Good Morning, (name)." You heard another voice, you turned to the direction if the owner and found Akashi leaning on the door frame with a small smile plastered on his face, "we didn't want to wake you up, but unfortunately we need to deal with some things."

You smiled and sat up. "Yes."

"Are you feeling good?"

"I'm unexpectedly feeling good today."

"That is a good start," Akashi walked and lifted Seien up, "We'll wait for you downstairs for breakfast."

"See you downstairs, mommy!" Seien smiled and let Akashi take him downstairs giving you time to shower and change.

The breakfast was like the normal and you didn't feel worried until you sat down next to Akashi inside the car. You immediately turned white and closed your eyes.

"You're not okay, (name)." Akashi commented.

"Yes--just now." You admitted.

"We can reschedule-"

"No! Just give me a moment to breathe." You excused yourself and opened the door and you climbed out.

"Mommy, is there something wrong?" It was Seien who opened the window and asked.

"Seien, mommy just wants some air." You smiled.

"Then is mommy alright now?"

"Yes." When you climbed back, Akashi handed a bottle of water to you.

"Drink." He ordered, "and then relax."

"Sorry- I just--"

"It's alright. Just relax there."

The drive to the appointed court place was quiet and calming. The moment you stepped out of the car you were already back to your usual self and Akashi was glad to know that. Seien walked next to Akashi and you followed the two of
them inside.

'It's probably great if its him' you silently thought.

You sighed and remembered Saruhiko.
'Are you going to deny your son his real father?'
Its probably time to accept Saru's peace offering, for Seien's best.

"Seijurou-san, the other day..." you started as you catch up with them inside.

"Hm?" Akashi turned to you.

"The other day, I accidentally met Saruhiko in Hokkaido." Akashi's eyes darkened.

"Tomoe?"

"Yes."

"And?" Akashi's voice was clipped.

"And he wanted to be in good terms with Seien- I realize that if the result is in favor to him...Seien will-"

"Seien will stay with us." Akashi interrupted coldly, "When we married what is yours is mine, and what is mine is yours and only yours; Others who try to infiltrate what will face the consequences."

Your eyes widened hearing Akashi's statement.

"If he win this round, I will certainly make sure he won't have a chance the next one" Akashi added.

"But-"

"He is not worthy to be a part of Seien's life."

"..."

"Saruhiko wants to get into your defense." Akashi started again, "he'd been trying since the beginning and so he changes his tactic and this one he got into you finally." Akashi observed, "don't be fooled, he's only doing favor for his wife."

"I-" you didn't know what to feel--to feel embarrassed or to be sorry for yourself for believing.

"Don't think about it." Akashi interrupted your thoughts. "I told you already, I will not let them have even a small chance to claim what is not theirs."

"Seijurou-"

"Don't talk." Akashi cut you off and your eyes widened, you already know he's angry. "I don't want to talk about Saruhiko, he is not worthy of this conversation. Is that clear?" Akashi turned to you and placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Y-yes." You answered quietly.

"Forgive me, I lost myself for a moment." Akashi leaned down closer and placed a small kiss on your lips. "Forgive me." He repeated.

"I'm sorry." You responded, "I didn't -"

"Let's forget about this conversation." Akashi said, "Seien is watching." Your eyes traveled down and saw Seien looking at the two if you in confusion.

"Did Mommy do something bad, Daddy?" Seien asked and Akashi immediately kneel down to his height with a smile.

"Mommy didn't. She was just feeling sick today." Akashi explained.

"Mommy are you still hurt somewhere? Are you sick" Seien turned to you for assurance.

"N-not anymore." You smiled, "Daddy kissed the pain away? See?" You turned to Akashi nervously.

"Yes," he agreed "The daddy kiss the pain away. Does Seien wants a kiss from the daddy too?"

"No, that's gross. Daddies should only kiss the mommies. And me to mommy. Seien doesn't need daddy to kiss the pain away because I'm a big boy now!"

Akashi laughed.

"Well then, if Seien doesn't want a kiss then its okay if I kiss the mommy again, right?" He asked the boy who only nodded. Akashi stood up and kissed you again in surprise.

"Let's get this over with?" He offered and you could only nod at him and take the hand he offered you.