Chapter 5

*flashback*

"When are you going to give me a grandchild, Kaoru?" The old man Tomoe asked Kaoru who immediately looked up from the tea she was drinking.

"Father?" she chuckled in a lady manner. "Isn't it too early?"

"Early? I don't think its still early. I let you marry my son because I was expecting that you are ready to give me a grandchild." He says.

"B-but fathe-"

"(Full Name) is better than you are." The old man dropped photos of a young boy in front of her.

"I-it cant be!"

* end flashback* 

 "At first I cannot believe it... but when I calculated... and I'm sure its your child! He might look more like her mother now! But I'm sure he is your son!"

"But she said she wasn't-"

"Visit her and confirm! I want the child now! I want him to grow up knowing that you are the father and I AM HIS MOTHER!"

With that Kaoru walked to the bathroom with anger and closed the door with a loud bang leaving Saruhiko looking at the photo of the boy on Kaoru's laptop.

'She told me she wasn't pregnant!' Saruhiko wanted to punch the screen, but the thought of the child made him not. 'And Akashi!? What the hell!?' 

*flashback*

Kaoru walked back to their bedroom and she weakly sobbed on their bed. She can't believe it that Saruhiko had a child with that woman...does he know? was he keeping it from her all along? Were they going out as a family when she's in Osaka and he's doing work at Tokyo?

All the sadness and anger combined and Kaoru stood up and walked to their bathroom and looked at the large mirror at herself.

"That damned Saruhiko!" she screamed and grabbed the nearest object and threw it on the large mirror breaking it.

"MADAM!" moments later her maid entered their room without knocking and rushed to her side, "Madam, are you ok? I heard a--MADAM!" when the servant looked around the large bathroom, the mirror was broken and the medicine cabinet is open wide with all the capsules and tablets scattered on the floor...all around Kaoru's semi-unconscious body.

--*knb*--

Saruhiko was quietly sitting on the couch and watching his unconscious wife. He was thinking, Kaoru was never like this, she was a level headed woman...

"Kaoru." He called and as if in instant, Kaoru opened her eyes but in irritation.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, as if nothing happened to her. She doesnt make a move.

"What happened here?" He asked, "What does the doctor mean about that ."

"That?" Kaoru chuckled quietly. "Overdose. I cannot sleep, I took a lot. My mistake."

"Not that. You had a miscarriage." Saruhiko whispered, Kaoru's eyes widened.

"What...are you talking about?" She whispered back.

"You never told me you are pregnant, it was 8 weeks...and it just slipped out of your hands? Was it because you didn't really want one?"

Kaoru was devastated. They kept the secret of the miscarriage together. It was like nothing happened, Saruhiko never treated her differently. At first it was ok, until the news reached the older Tomoe.

"What is this?" The old man angrily dropped a copy of the medical report of Kaoru's miscarriage.

"F-father! Let me explain-"

"It doesnt matter! If you cannot even take care of yourself when a child is inside you, what more if the child is out of you?" the old man was a traditional person. He is looking forward for a heir for his fortunes and he was expecting that Saruhiko could give him that, while that is all for the company's sake...he is also a loving person at heart. He loves children and he loved Saruhiko even though he was a rebel idiot.

"I want to see my grandchild while I am still breathing, Kaoru." with that the old man stood up and walked out of their house.

Kaoru and Saruhiko went to the doctors for a check-up but that's when they received the news.

"Tomoe-san, I'm sorry. But..."

--KNB--

"Stop obsessing over having a child Kaoru, you never wanted one to begin with." Saruhiko says while they were eating, Kaoru was in a bad mood since that day she received the grim news and its getting on Saruhiko's nerves.

"I wanted to please father!"

"Father is not your husband! Its me! And I dont mind if you cannot produce a child!"

"I dont care about you! Your father never approved of me! So I wanted to please him!"

"The doctor says there's nothing we can do. Snap out of it."

"Let's adopt one!"

"Kaoru." Saruhiko warned.

"I know someone. she's incapable of taking care of her child- a single mother! Father will be pleased!" Saruhiko watched as his husband

* end flashback*