Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Sender: (Name)
Subject: Re:Re:Lunch
Attachment: ---

You didn't have to pick me up. I don't want to get in the way. But if you're coming, yes...same time.
Sorry about the lunch.
Take care <3  

Akashi smiled upon receiving the message and then he turned to face the older woman.

"Aiko-san, I would love to have lunch with you, but unfortunately, there are some natters I have to attend to."

The woman raised a brow, but eventually accepted it.

"I understand. Send my regards to your father."

"Of course." Akashi assured her, "Take care, Aiko-san." Akashi stood up and walked to the door.

"Always take someone with you when you're walking around, Tokyo isn't as safe as before. There are thieves lurking around here and there." Akashi tells her, the woman chuckled after a moment when Akashi's words registered.

"Of course."

"Great. The other night, someone got robbed around the area...we don't want the next victim to be someone we know, don't we?"

"Yes, I understand." The woman uncomfortably nodded.

"But please, I just don't want you to be in harm. I'll see you soon." There was a glint of mischief in Akashi's eyes when he stepped out of the hotel followed by his secretary, Saito.

"Sir, are we going somewhere?" Saito asked.

"Did you cancel my appointments for this morning?" Akashi asked.

"Yes."

"Come, Saito. We will be paying a visit to someone." Akashi smiled.

"Where to, sir?"

"XXXX Hotel."

"The hotel near the branch office, sir?"

"Yes. That one." Saito watched as his boss' expression changed.

---AKASHI---

Tomoe smiled to himself as he picked a perfect flower that reminds him of you at the flowershop near your office.

"Welcome to Tokyo bouquets. (Fav flowers) for our wife, sir?" Greeted the shop assistant with a pleasant smile.

"No-" Tomoe said, but he noticed the look at the shop assistance face changed. "I mean...yes--but not yet wife...fiance." he corrected.

The shop assistant smiled and started picking the flowers and fixed them into a nice bouquet.

"Sir, would you like to attach a note?" She asked.

There was silence as Tomoe's mind raced and checked the possibility of you accepting flowers that coming from him and worse...even reading a note.

"Do you also do delivery?"

"Yes!" The shop assistant nodded. "Where to sir?"

After giving the building address and your name, all that is left is for you to come to the designated hotel restaurant that he included in the note. By then, he knew you wouldn't be able to cause a scene as it will be a public place and there will be a lot of people who can recognize her.

"Perfect place to talk.. perfect chance to talk about things."

Now all he has to do is wait for you. He was glad that he still remembers your favorite flower.

It was already 30 minutes past the given time but you're still not there. He was starting to get irritated.

---AKASHI---

Akashi arrived at the designated hotel and followed by Saito, he walked straight to the restaurant on the second floor. His eyes scanned the entire floor for someone familiar...until he finally spotted the shit.

"Sir, is there anyone in particular-"

"No, I got this." Akashi assured him and then with a smirk plastered on his face, Akashi walked to the direction of the person he was looking for.

"Ah! There you are, Tomoe." Akashi greeted with a very amused look on his face which was returned with a wide eyed expression from the other.

"Akashi!" He almost stood up, but Akashi's hand was on his shoulder, it was heavy on his shoulder halting him from standing up.

"You looked surprised." Akashi commented as he smiled at the man.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just passing by." Akashi answered as he eyed Tomoe's appearance down to the table arrangement. Nothing extravagant just simple table setup. "And you, are you waiting for someone?"

"No- I mean, yes." Tomoe stuttered, but then was able to play it cool which amused Akashi and at the same time pissed him off.

"Your wife?" Akashi tried to guess.

"Not really. A friend, " Tomoe answered with a small smile plastered on his face. Akashi frowned. "Would you like to share lunch with us, my friend will arrive anytime now."

"No, thank you." Akashi declined, "I'm attending a lunch meeting. I hope your friend comes. Does this person know they're meeting you?"

"Of course, Akashi-san." Tomoe answered with confidence, "She knows it's me."

"Oh!" Akashi feign a surprise look. "So it's a woman. I see, well then..." Akashi smiled, "I don't want to pry into your private matters." Akashi turned and decided to let the bastard wait for nothing.

"Yes. A friend, special one." Tomoe nodded in agreement to his words which reached Akashi's ears.

"By the way, Saruhiko." Akashi turned with a pleased look in his eyes. " (Name) said she liked the flowers."

"I don't know what kind of game you are trying to pull my wife into," Akashi paused, "But if your wife can fix the restraining order, I bet she wouldn't be able to fix what will be broken, when I'm done with you."

"Don't abuse my kindness, Saruhiko." He added lastly before he turned and walked to where his secretary was waiting for him.

Tomoe was left there in surprise---not just surprised because Akashi showed up, it would have been fun if you both showed up at the same time...he wondered if that will cause an argument between the two of you. Anyways, the fact that Akashi knew what is happening and is blocking his every attempt to talk to you is what surprised him the most.