Chapter 18

Chapter 18

 "Which friend?" Kaoru asked.

"Keiko."

"Keiko?"

"Does she have plans of coming back here to Japan?"

"I don't think so..."

"Good for her, she should just stay where she is." Kaoru commented not caring at all.

---AKASHI---

The next day, Akashi woke up the moment he felt you slip out of the bed.

"You're up early." Akashi commented when you came out of the bathroom and is already wearing your business suit. "I thought you don't have any business after the trip to Hokkaido?"

"Did I wake you up?" You asked worriedly.

"No, don't worry." He assured you.

"Henmi sent me an email last night, a client came and asked for her apartment to be checked asap." You explained.

"Is that so?" Akashi watched as you maneuvered around the bedroom to gather your things. "Can't Ayumi settle it for you?"

"Ah, yes...she offered the same thing..." you remembered and paused, "but the client requested for me personally. I wanted to turn it down, but..."

"'It can't be helped '?" Akashi continued for you.

"...Yes." you answered in a quiet nod. "But I'll be back ASAP, I'll pick up Seien at my sister's place..."

Akashi sat up and watched you for a moment.

"Don't worry, I understand." Akashi assured you, "I'll have someone to pick up Seien, you don't have to drive over to your sister's after your meeting."

"But-"

"Your sister's house is at the other direction of your office and another 2 hour drive from there too. I'll have someone pick Seien and Sora-san from there." He pressed and you know that if Akashi decided, then it will happen.

"Now, drive safe." Akashi leaned down and placed a kiss on you lips with an assuring smile.

When he pulled away, he observed your expression and he was amused to find your face red and embarrassed.

"I'll see you later." He added and you could only nod.

'Damn...' you commented mentally...

Akashi's kisses are just...Damn good!

---AKASHI---

"Anyways, did she decided to settle down there?" Kaoru asked anyway. While she didn't really care for whatever Keiko decided for her life, she has nothing good to do but to ask.

"No, she was just having a vacation with her parents." Saruhiko answered as he continued reading the morning paper.

"Did you meet them?" Kaoru continued.

"Who?"

"Her parents!"

"No, her mother is not around." Saruhiko answered, "But her father was there...but was in a meeting, I just met her at the lobby. We didn't talk much."

"You know between her parents, its always her mother who has a say in their relationship." Kaoru suddenly stated. "Anyways, what are your plans for the boy?"

"I'm thinking of getting close to the mother of my son." Saruhiko informed her casually.

"What?!" Kaoru's eyes widened. "Are you fcking serious about that!?"

Saruhiko folded the paper he was reading and turned to Kaoru.

"If you want me to do something about this," he said, "then you will let me do whatever I want and you will stay out of it."

"I don't think she'd fall for that."

"I think so too, thanks to what happened the last time..." Saruhiko nodded in agreement. "But knowing (name), she'll listen to me. She did after all let me have the upper hand the last time...the approach was just wrong and Akashi came as well."

"Make sure that your plan will work." Kaoru didn't like it, but she will let Saruhiko do it this one time--the way he wants it.

"Just stay out of the way." Saruhiko smirked to himself, "Aren't we supposed to be filing for a divorce?"

Kaoru just stared.

---AKASHI---

You arrived at the office 10 minutes before the call time, but it seems like the client got there before you..and she wasn't anywhere near pleased when you met her at the meeting room.

Henmi and Sawada was there and they were nervous as fvck. Ayumi, your assistant was sent to prepare tea for the client, so you'd have to deal with everything by yourself for a while.

"Good morning, Madam." You greeted politely.

"Good morning to you too." Came the cold answer of the woman. Now that you are seated closer to her, you can actually guess that her age was not just around 40's. She was older than that--maybe around her late 50's? But she's doesn't look like that at all, she sits across you like she's around the same age as Sawada who was on her late 30's and her skin was well taken care off...

'Sasuga Rich People!'

You tackled about the design that she chose, which was your design. You were not surprised that she wanted to change a lot of things from the original design...after all, she rejected everything that your team manager offered her, which was better than your design.

While you are happy that she chose you design, you didn't like altering a lot from your proposed design, but its what the client wants, so you let her.

Stressing.

The day just started and yet, you are already tired. That old woman asked for your presence earlier than the normal office hours only to let you know that she didn't like the normal apartment ambiance that your design was proposing. So she wanted to alter some parts...

By some, I meant 75% of it!

And this just gave you one hell of a headache...

You leaned back in your seat and sighed, it was already late and you are still here in the office. You were glad that Akashi offered to have someone pick up Seien from your sister's place...and also you have sent him an email about being late today.

"(Name)-san~" Sawada entered your office with an apologetic look, "I saw the lights are still on, why haven't you gone home yet?"

You smiled at your team leader's form at the door frame.

"Sorry, I was finishing the request of the the client. She altered the rest of the design, to be honest. But I took care of it so..."

"I'm soooo sorry about her, (name)." Sawada apologized, "She's just so picky, and at the end when we offered to visit her apartment so that we can create a new design that will suit her place, but she declined and she picked your design...then alters it the next day."

"Don't worry. Its fine. We've dealt with much more stressing clients back then, remember?"

"Yes, we did." Sawada agreed with a smile. "I'm glad you accepted her even though you are not planning on taking any project this month.

"Yea...there's nothing to do anyways. And Ayumi can take care of the madam when I fly to Hokkaido this coming weekend. I have already filed everything including the numbers of the warehouse who offers good furnitures." You smiled.

"You're so good. You managed to ready everything in ne day!"

"Of course, I learned from you." The two of you chuckled.

"Well? Let's leave the office together?"

"Sure." Closing your laptop and picking up your things.

"By the way, (name)?"

"Hm?"

"Why aren't you using Akashi's name? I mean you are already married, and yet you still use (l/n)."

"Well... its not really necessary to use his name. I want to be known in this area by my own, not because I'm the wife of Akashi Seijurou."

"But you are doing well already"

"Akashi's name will catch so many attention, so (l/n) is safest." You smiled.

"Whatever you say then."

The two of you walked to the parking. You were busy laughing about the joke that Sawada said that you didn't notice the hooded person walking to your direction...

And in a flash they bumped into you...took your bag amd laptop.

"Wha---!?"

"Out of the way!"

---AKASHI--

"I'm sure you we can trust you, Tomoe-kun." A business partner shook Tomoe's hand in approval.

"Yes, of course." Tomoe assured the older man.

"Well then, let's call this a night? My wife is waiting for me at home." The older man said, "Don't you have one too?"

"Yes. She's here with me in here in Tokyo."

"That is good, that is good." The old man approved, and then Saruhiko followed him out of the restaurant.

"Thank you for the dinner, Tomoe-kun."

"Let's have another sometimes in the future."

"That is a good idea."

Tomoe walked the old man to the parking and waited for his ride to drive off. It was then that he heard an gasp from a nearby area.

"Out of the way!! Called a man, making Saruhiko turned to the direction of the voice only to be pushed away...but Saruhiko isn't just a weak person so when he was pushed away he grabbed the hoodie of the the man's clothes and they tumbled down on the ground together with a loud thud.

"Fucking hell!" Saruhiko cursed angrily as he was reminded that this fall was like the one Akashi did to him. The man struggled to get away but his grip on the man's clothes didn't let him get away.

"What is your problem!? Let go!" The man snapped.

"You were the one who bumped into me, teme!" Saruhiko angrily snarled. He noticed a woman coming near their figure.

"Shit!" The man struggled against Saruhiko but failed.

"Why are you in rush? Trying to get away from someone?" And that is when he realize that the man was holding a ladies handbag and a laptop case.

"That's it isn't it?" Saruhiko narrowed his eyes and then the next that happened a heeled shoe hit the man in his groin.

"Ack--!?"

"Wtf!?" Even Saruhiko was surprised at the action.

"(Name)!?"

"Are you with this man?"

"What--?! No!"

"(Name)!" Came Sawada with two men wearing police uniform. "Gods! Don't just go after him like that! What if he hurt you?"

The two police on guard that night grabbed the hooded man and held him down.

"Ma'am is this person also-"

"No!" Saruhiko immediately protested when the police held him down as well.

"No-no!" You assured them. "Just this one." You pointed at the hooded man.

"Ma'am, we will be inviting you to the police office, for a statement...if that is alright with you?"

"Will that take long? I have to be home by 9."

"It won't take long.'" They promised. You nodded and followed them to the station with Sawada and the hooded guy leaving.

---AKASHI---

You were able to get your laptop and you bag back, luckily. But when you descended out of the station, you found Saruhiko standing outside and was looking at you.

"How was it?" He asked, but you only gave him a blank look.

"Are you going to ignore me? I saved you."

"I didn't ask for your help."

"Well, you managed to get your things back because of me--those are important stuff, your boss told me."

"Not really. I have back up at the office." You walked to where you parked your car which was in front of the station.

"I didn't come here to irate you! At least be grateful that I helped you!" Saruhiko said.

You stopped and turned to Saruhiko.

"Thank you." You bowed at him then opened your car and slid in. "Now get lost. Restraining order, remember? I don't want to go inside the station to explain again."

"Wha-!?" Saruhiko scoffed. "You're such a bitch!" He called after you when you closed your door and started the engine and drove off without looking at Saruhiko.

---AKASHI---

You were drinking coffee when Akashi found you at the kitchen with his butler standing next to you with a disapproving look in his face.

"You just arrived." Akashi noted as he turned to the butler with a questioning look.

The butler silently gestured to the cup of tea that he was holding, it was untouched, Akashi nodded in understanding.

"Yes. There was a little trouble in the office." You informed him.

"Work?"

"Yes. Somewhat..." you trailed, "Seien?" You asked.

"Sora-san took him to bed before she went home." Akashi informed you. "Did you have dinner already?"

"I don't feel like eating." You answered, sighing. Akashi raised a brow.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

"A little. Some stuff happened on my way home."

"Did something happened?"

"I bumped into Saruhiko." You confessed, you watched as Akashi's eyes turned darker than its usual red ones.

"Did he do something?"

"No. He actually caught the person who tried to steal my bag and laptop--" Akashi grabbed you wrist suddenly in a tight manner.

"Were you hurt?!" Akashi immediately demanded, "Why didn't you tell me immediately!?"

"Sei-"Akashi was suddenly angry. "Wait!"

"Someone tried to rob you!" Akashi argued, "And when are you going to tell me this?!"

"I'm already telling you now!" You defended. "Please calm down, everything is okay!"

"How can you tell me to calm down when my wife just got robbed on her way home! What if he took your life? You couldn't just tell me to calm down. There are many possibilities!"

"Well,I'm okay! So calm down!" Akashi's eyes cooled yet mad.

"You will not be driving on your own from now on. I will pick you and drive you to your office. Pick you up when you're ready." Akashi announced.

"Wait- you cannot--"

"Yes, I can."

"Seijurou-san! You're over reacting- please stop!"

"Tomoe's existence is already bad enough. I didn't want other people harming you in any other way." With that Akashi turned his back at you. He was angry, yes. And you can see that. Then he left you on your own.

When you opened the door to your bedroom, you found it empty. You sighed defeated, and decided to change into your night clothes after a short shower.

When you descended, Akashi's not yet back. Closing your eyes and opening them after a moment, you walked out of the room.

---AKASHI---

Akashi that night decided to finish the paper works that needed some reviewing. He was angry earlier at what happened to you and the fact that you didn't even try to call him to let him know what happened.

He knows that you just didn't want him to worry, but you should have still informed him of the situation.

Akashi leaned back to his chair and closed his eyes. His door opens and he didn't have to open his eyes to know who it was.

"I brought tea."

There was silence.

"I came to apologize for not informing you of what happened."

Akashi opened his eyes and stared at yours. He found you standing in front of his table holding a cup of tea.

"Do you know why I was angry?" Akashi asked.

"Yes."

"I am angry because its you." Akashi explained anyway, "Your safety is a priority. I don't want to just sit here and wait for you, what if something did happen? I will be waiting here for god knows how long..."

"I'm sorry." You quietly said.

"Don't do it again." Akashi reached for your hand and pulled you closer to him. "I am not capable of controlling my anger if something is to happen to you. Do you understand?"

You nodded quietly.

---AKASHI---

Tomoe arrived later that night and he was very tired...and wasted.

'That damned (name)!' He cursed, 'How dare she drive away from me after I helped her!' He loosened his tie and threw it at the chair leaving it for the maid to pick up for tomorrow.

He then entered the bedroom quietly, expecting that Kaoru is already asleep...but when he turned, he found his loving wife reading a book while having tea.

"What happened to you?" Was her greeting. "You look wasted."

"Ugh." Saruhiko rolled his eyes followed by a grumbling.

"Did the deal didn't go properly?" She asked.

"Not that. It went well, as usual." He answered "but on my way home, I bumped into (name)."

Kaoru froze and looked up at her husband.

"Who?"

"(Name)." He repeated, "not literally, (name)." He corrected, "but the oen who tried to steal her bags."

"And?" Kaoru demanded.

"I kind of saved her sorry ass from being robbed."

"You should've let her get robbed. You're such an idiot." Kaoru said in disappointment,

"I didn't know it was her! If I only know I would've let the man get away!"

"And?" Kaoru rolled her eyes

"And what?"

"And...what happened after that?"

"She drove off."

"Ungrateful bitch!" Kaoru commented.

"You're lucky you were not harmed by the robber, idiot." She added before turning away from him. Kaoru has a point, what if the man who tried to steal your bag hurt him...he could've died...

Well, he didn't. So he didn't really care anymore. And besides, at least she gets to know where you work now.

---AKASHI---

The next day was supposed to be a peaceful day. You are preparing for the files that you will be needing for your project in Hokkaido. You had already informed Sawada and Ayumi about everything regarding the new client's request. The interior plans were already sent to Ayumi's files.

...but, that same afternoon, the client arrived in surprise.

"Madam we-welcome back!" It was Sawada who was surprized upon her arrival. "What brings you today?" She asked nervously."

"What else? I came to check on the progress of my apartment's interior design." She announced as she looked around.

"Oh my! What is she doing here today?" Ayumi said nervously "isn't she supposed to come back in the weekend for the design?!"

"I'll deal with her..." You stood up and went to the meeting area where Sawada led the client. And when you arrived she immediately smiled at you.

"Ah, there you are ms.(l/n)." She greeted.

"Good afternoon, Madam." You greeted quietly.

"Please, just call me Aiko." She informs you.

"Yes, Aiko-san." You smiled, "how can we help you today?"

"Ah yes, like I said earlier to Sawada-san, I came to check on the design that I requested yesterday."

"Oh, I see. About that, isn't the deadline by this weekened?" We haven't really have the hard copy yet..." you excused.

"What? Didn't we already talk about this yesterday?" She gasped in surprise, "I chose your design because I believe that you are the best-"

"Madam, calm down." You said, "I sent my assistant to print a copy for you."

"Tha-"

"I hope you don't mind waiting for five minutes." You smiled. You went back to your office and picked the first draft of the design that you altered as what the client wants. Then took another copy of the original design and called for Ayumi who was now printing the finished design that the client wanted.

"Ayumi, when your done we're in meeting room 2." You called and Ayumi answered with a 'yes, almost done'

"Thank you for waiting, Aiko-san." You smiled as you re-entered the meeting room holding the files that you needed. "Before we start, I just wanted to review the design you that we finished yesterday..." and you placed the filed in front of her.

After a while of reviewing the design, Aiko leaned ack with her brows raised at the files that was laid in front of her.

"Could it be that you haven't finished my request yet, and you are just wasting my time?"

You studied the look on the older woman's face. She always that smug look on her face that you wanted to wipe out...but client is client.

"No. Of course not." You answered politely, "though the our schedule is by this weekend, I have already finished your request yesterday." With that on cue, Ayumi entered the meeting room holding the finished copy of the design that she requested.

Ayumi, with a smile--placed a copy to you and to the client who seems to be not amused.

"Since we already clarified from the recent draft that you are already approving this, we would like you to sign at the bottom part of the paper please..." you continued talking as you handed the older woman a pen for her to used.

From your point of view, she doesn't looked pleased. But she didn't talk or tried to reverse the design to whatever she wants. She signed and you smiled.

When clients sign basically they are leaving everything to you.

"Is there some problems, Aiko-san?" You asked.

"No- nothing." She managed to gather herself again and you smiled innocently.

"I will send someone to check on your apartment this weekend and then by next week, we can immediately start with the paints and the furniture."

"Ah, that's great." Aiko murmured quietly.

"Great." You smiled, "is there anything else you'd like to clarify for your apartment?" With a smile that seems to have displeased the client but didn't voice it out, you wrapped up the deal.

---AKASHI---

Akashi arrived earlier than the expected time outside your office. He was planning to wait for you at the nearby restaurant but his eyes narrowed when he found a familiar face outside the building.

The familiar person seems to be waiting for someone outside the same office of yours.

"What brings you here, Tomoe?" Akashi greeted casually.

When Saruhiko turned, he was already face to face with the red eyed man,
"Akashi!?"

"You looked surprised to see me." Akashi noted.

"Yes- I mean. In this kind of place...yes." Saruhiko stuttered.

"My wife works here." Akashi pointed at the building, "you should know by now since you helped her last night." Akashi smiled.

"You knew-?!"

"Do you think she wouldn't tell me?" Akashi raised a brow. "I come here everyday to pick her up." It was a lie, but at from Tomoe's reaction, he wasn't probably expecting that he was lying.

"Yesterday, I wasn't able to pick her up due to some urgent matters... I regret the decision. I'm just glad that nothing happened. Thanks to you by the way."

"..."

"So what brought you here?" Akashi pressed. "I hope you're not here to try and harass my wife again...because next time, you wouldn't be getting any restraining order..." Akashi smiled like nothing was wrong.

"What- I'm not--"

"Know your place, Tomoe." He reminded him and with that Akashi straightened up before turning and entering your company building, "I'll see you in court."

---AKASHI---

You came down just in time and found Akashi waiting for you at the lobby.

"Seijurou-san!" You called and smiled, "I wasn't expecting you this early."

"Ah, my meeting ended up earlier than expected." Akashi smiled and stood up. "Are you ready to go?"

"Ah yes." You smiled and walked to the parking next to Akashi who seems to be not surprised to find Tomoe gone now.

---AKASHI---

"Akashi, this is the man who tried to rob your wife." Aomine gestured to the interrogation room behind him.

There was a large one way mirror that was separating him and the person in question who seems to be clueless at what is happening and why he was being interrogated...again. it was just a normal case of snatching.

"Can we question him?"

"Sure, go ahead." Aomine nodded and and went inside the interrogation room leaving Akashi standing with a mike in his hand.

"Ask him why he took the bag." Akashi said through the mic and Aomine nodded. "Is there a person who hired him? Who?"

Simple questions with simple answers.

---AKASHI---

The next morning, Akashi wasn't able to drive you to your office, he suddenly have to leave for an emergency meeting. It took time to convince him that you will be fine, and that was just a one time thing; You were lucky he believed it...or so that's what you thought.

"Good morning, Ms. (name)." The butler greeted you the moment you stepped out of Seien's bedroom with the boy in hand.

"Ah, good morning." You smiled and greeted.

"Good morning." Seien greeted the butler who smiled at him in return.

"Breakfast, Miss?" He asked.

"Ah- no. I'm alright. I have to drive Seien to school or he'llk be late."

"No miss, I insist you have breakfast before leaving. If you are worried of Seien-kun, I will have the driver take you both, he drives well and knows short cuts." He smiled.

"Ah- please don't. I can handle this."

"Then breakfast?" He smiled and you sweat-dropped.

'No.' But the butler smiled at you, and you were reminded of your father's all of a sudden.

"Fine." And he led you to the kitchen while the maid prepare the food for you. It was almost time for Seien to be at school so when you noticed,your eyes widened and immediately gathered your things.

"Seien, finish your breakfast, we'll be late..." the boy just nodded and finished his breakfast and then followed you to the front door.

"Miss (Name), I have the car ready for you." The driver greeted.

"Sorry, what?" You wanted him to repeat what he just said, but then you didn't need him to. "My car--this..." you pointed at the black luxury sedan in front of you.

"That is not my car!" You told the driver.

"Yes, Miss." The driver nodded, "I apologize for that. But you will have to use this one for the mean time."

"Why? I don't drive cars like that."

"Um...sorry, but Akashi-sama accidentally bumped into your car in a rush earlier...so he sent your car for a repair. He knew you wouldn't accept a new car, so he asked me to take one of the cars from the garage for you to use."

"So basically you're telling me..my car is at the repairs?"

"Yes. There was a large dent and few scratches. He wanted to apologize in person but there was an emergency."

"...Oh, was he okay?" You asked suddenly worried of Akashi.

"Yes. He seems yo be okay. It was an accident. I offered to drive him, but he declined. If you are not comfortable driving this, I don't mind driving you to your office, Miss. I know a short cut to the school too."

There was a short silence and you decided to take his offer. With that, the butler sent you off with Seien with a smile of approval. When you got in the office, you were relieved that you made it 10 minutes earlier than your expected arrival.

As promised, the driver took a short cut to Seien's school and he drives smoothly and with care. When you entered your office, you found a bouquet of your favorite flowers on your table. You were surprised, seriously...and then you walked to picked it up with a small smile.

"Wow~ (Name)-san... from your husband?" it was Ayumi who greeted you with a smile.

"Yes..." you answered happily, "Do you mind putting them on a vase, Ayumi?" you asked. And you secretary gave you a big smile.

"Sure, no problem. I just found a nice vase at the stock room yesterday, we need to use that here, such a waste." she added with a smile and picked the flowers from you. "I'll bring it back in a sec." Ayumi walked to get the vase excitedly.

When you sat down you found a white envelope on the floor.

'Probably with the flowers...' you smiled and opened it. Indeed, it came along with the flowers.