Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Are you claiming that you are the boy's father?"

"I am not 'claiming'." Akashi said, "Because I am"

Kaoru rolled her eyes hearing Akashi's statement, and Tomoe grumbled in annoyance.

"I can't wait to have the result and slap the arrogance out of his face with it." Kaoru seethed.

"He's confident." Tomoe commented.

The judge on the other hand was not fazed with Akashi's confidence. He just looked at him, yet he admired him.

"Upon the preliminary review of your relationship with (l/n)-san, a paper caught out attention..." the judge started again, this time a man came in and handed few papers in front of Akashi and to the Tomoe's.

Akashi recognized the paper, so did Kaoru.

"It's the young boy's birth certificate and hospital records."

"It stated here that you are the father, Akashi Seijurou."

Akashi stared at the judge while Kaoru gasped in surprise.

"That can't be!" Kaoru interrupted, but was silence.

"We will get to your problem later, Tomoe-san. First let us listen to Akashi-san."

"Yes." Akashi started with his answer, "I arrived after she gave birth, I was with her parents...the moment I laid my eyes on my son, that he must bear the Akashi's name...but it was her mother who didn't want to, so he's using his mother's last name up to now."

You closed your eyes gently as you continued to listen to Akashi's...lies.

"She said she didn't want my help for the child's upbringing, and I respected that...yet I didn't let them out of my sight."

"You tampered the papers!" You shot up a surprised look at Kaoru when she accused and pointed a finger at Akashi. Akashi just gave her a cold look.

"The boy has no father registered in his certificates! I have a copy myself!"

Our eyes narrowed at Kaoru in disbelief.

"How come you have a copy of that?"

Birth certificates, hospital records and clearance are meant to be private. There's no one who could get a copy unless provided a letter from the owner of the records...and or guardians.

Akashi was able to get hold of the copy the because he has been married to you...it was a little understandable. But Kaoru...?

"And why do you have a copy of my son's records?" Akashi asked coldly. "No one is to have a copy of personal records."

"Then how come you get a copy yourself?" Kaoru returned the question.

"We are married." Akashi smiled' "And my name is on Seien's records as his father...I am a legal guardian." He stated.

"Not when we proved that he is my husband's son!"

"Is he?" Akashi returned with a question.

"Yes!"

"Please calm down, both of you." The judge interrupted and they did.

"..." silence again.

"Tomoe-san, what is it that you're against of?" They turned to Kaoru this time.

"The records." Kaoru started, "I'm sure that they tampered it."

"Why are you accusing that the papers tampered?"

"I have a copy myself."

"I heard that you have." The judge nodded to himself, "How were you able to have a copy of that?"

"Of course I went to the registry and asked for a copy!"

"Without the knowledge of the guardians of the boy?"

"No-" Kaoru protested but stopped herself, she was in the wrong, she knows that...but she was sure that the papers are tampered.

"Could it be that the records that Tomoe-san has are fake?" This came from your team's representative.

"No. We don't have fake records!" This was Ichinose Tomoe's representative. "These records that we have are from the registry and the hospital where she gave birth." Ichinose passed a copy of the records to the judge which he immediately reviewed.

"These are records that we gathered upon submitting the petition."

"Those records are clearly private and to be able to acquire a copy, you must've tampered an authorization to get them." Accused your representative.

"That is true." The judge agreed and turned to Kaoru's direction. "We did our own investigation as well, but my people we're asked to get approval from the Akashi's...and yours, which you claim was from the same source...Now I wonder which is the fake." There was a hanging question, but no one dared to answer.

"For now we will not tackle which paper is true. The role of Akashi-san in the boy's life is constant as he is now a legal guardian for he has married (l/n)-san." The judge covered, "But, once proven that Tomoe is the biological father he claims to be, a visitation will be allowed."

It was the same as the first decision. But you were not happy of it...especially about the visitation rights that Tomoe could acquire. He once wanted to take his own child's life...and to be part Seien's life---she just cannot allow that.

Few papers were distributed to them and it was stated there the name of the clinic who will take charge of the test.

"We talked about last time that we will be taking DNA test to know Seien's biological father as the Tomoe's are claiming that the head of their family is the boy's father. We chose to do the DNA testing so that it will be guaranteed that there'll be no mistakes nor bribery to the clinic that will occur. Rest assured, that we will only be revealing you the truth and no lies." one of the judge announced and reminded them.

---AKASHI---

Midorima frowned once again.

Today, another mail came and was addressed to him. He gritted his teeth in irritation and almost crumpled the paper that he was reading....almost.

"AKASHI!!!"