Chapter 7

"You're confusing yourself (name)." Akashi stood up from his chair and walked around the table to be closer to you. "I want you in this house."

"..."

"For a long time now." He finished.

Chapter 7

You opened your eyes slowly. The sun's rays are trying to blind you even though the curtains are blocking them.

'...Mmm? What time is it?' You grumbled looking around the room and sitting up.

"Seien, wake up. You'll be--" when you looked on Seien's side of bed he wasn't there anymore.

"Where-?" You immediately slid out of the covers of the bed and walked to the door only to be surprised when it opened....revealing Seien behind the door.

"Seien!" You sighed in relief.

"Mommy." He was equally surprised to find you standing at the door. "Good morning!" He greeted anyways.

"G-good morning. Where have you been? When I woke up you weren't there anymore next to me."

"Sei-san and I didn't want to wake you up. So we started the day early. He changed me to my uniform. See?"

"Sei-san?"

"Mm." The little boy gestured to his clothes and smiled brightly at you. He was proud of what he has done.

"Sei-san said that I'm a big boy now, that I should not let you do everything for me."

You smiled at him and lifted him up.

"But you're still Mommy's little baby." You reminded him. "So always, always wake me up before you leave the room."

"Of course he will always be your little baby." You looked at the direction of the owner of the voice.

It was none other than...the emperor, Akashi Seijurou.

"A-Akashi-san."

"Good Morning to you, (name)." He greeted with a smile and took Seien from your arms.

"Go-good morning." you stutter.

"Today, Ayumi informed me that you have to check the materials at the warehouse." It wasn't a question.

"Y-yes. I asked for few samples of the tiles and the furniture that will be delivered to your office." You answered.

"Then I'll take Seien to his school."

"No, I can take him myself." you protested.

"The warehouse is at the opposite direction. And his school is along the way to my office. So its fine."

"But-"

"If you are worried because it will cause trouble, it won't." Akashi assured you.  

--Akashi--

The morning was quite busy especially for you and for your entire team. The materials you ordered came out perfect, but the furniture was not exactly what you were expecting. So there were extra phone calls that you have to finish before you were able to have a break. But when you did...

"(L/N)-san, there's a woman looking for you downstairs." You looked up when Henmi went to your desk and informed you.

"A woman?"

"Yes. I asked her why and she said it was a private matter." Your eyes widened fractionally, but Henmi luckily wasn't able to catch it.

"I wonder who is that...but okay, I'll meet her now." Standing up from your table, you placed down your phone on your desk, you were planning to call the day care to check on Seien, but you will just have to check on him right after this.

When you reached the lobby you met an unfamiliar face. She was smiling at you. You have seen her somewhere before but you just can't pinpoint where...

"Hello, (last name)-san."

"Hello. Miss--?"

"I'm Ichinose. " she introduced " I'm the Tomoe's family lawyer."

Your frown disappeared instantly the moment you heard the name.

"Tomoe?"

"Hai. Do you have a moment? I'd like to talk you about something in private."

The two of you decided to go to the coffee shop across your office. It was quiet there and there'll be no one who could interrupt the conversation nor hear the issue. Just the two of you.

"I apologize for the unannounced visit, but it has been a while since we sent you the notification letter. We didn't hear anything from you. So instead, I came here to talk to you personally regarding the matter."

You were confused.

"Sorry? What letter are you talking about?"

"It was against my principle to personally seek the opposing team. But as a mother myself, I don't want to put your son into a psychological trauma when this case reaches the court."

"Wait-" you stopped her in mid-sentence. "What are you talking about again? Why is my son involved in this?"

"The Tomoe has filed for the custody of (L/n), Seien."

Your eyes widened upon hearing the information coming from the woman.

"Wait-wait! Why?" You asked the woman, you were already starting to panic. "Seien is my son-"

"With Tomoe-san." She added.

"Wait! He never wanted a child! He even wanted to abort the child he thought I was carrying! Why is he doing this!?" You shouted at Ichinose. "Why is he doing this NOW?"

"(l/n)-san, please calm down."

"How can I calm down?!" You glared at the woman, "If you were in my situation?! We were quietly living here! Why my son?!"

"Don't get me wrong, I am only concerned with you and your child's welfare-- we both don't want this case to reach the court where they could get legally get the custody of your child from you and cause trauma for your son when the case is on going-"

"Legally get the custody? How dare you threaten me with such words!" This time you stood up from your seat and pointed at the Ichinose. "I am not going to give up my son! Seien is registered under the (l/n)'s! Tomoe is not his father! They cannot touch him! You people will not touch him without my permission!"

"(L/n)-san, please listen! I am not threatening you." Ichinose assured, trying to calm you down. "I am trying to help you and make things easier- Lady Tomoe--Kaoru-san is willing to give the Tomoe name to your son, she is also willing to treat him as her own. Don't you want your son to have a warm and complete family?"

'Complete family...'

"What? How come this issue with Saruhiko being my son's father became known to his wife? He doesn't even know that my child exist!" You lied, the other day Saruhiko came to you to talk about Seien.

"And about the letters you are telling me, I didn't receive any! Shouldn't legal matters like this be discussed after I get a warning letter from the court?"

"That's what I was talking about earlier, (l/n)-san." Ichinose smiled slightly at you when she felt that your voice was calmer than earlier.

"We sent a letter addressed to your house, few weeks ago. The post registered it as delivered. Meaning you were able to receive the letter. But there was no response coming from you. So I personally seek you to talk about the matter. I am currently holding the court date because I want to talk to you personally about the possible-"

"I am not allowing the Tomoe to take custody of my son. He is not Saruhiko's son!"

"(L/n)-san, depriving the father of the knowledge of the existence of a possible heir to his fortune is a crime- or could it be that you are thinking of showing up when your son is on the proper age to take his inheritance from the Tomoe for your own good."

Your eyes narrowed at her accusation.

"If my son is indeed Saruhiko's, I would've done that a long time ago. Before they got married."

"(L/n)-san, please-"

"I'm sorry, I don't have time for this useless conversation."

"Please,I just want to settle this away from the eyes of the public." She grabbed your shoulder gently as you tried to walk away from the tables you are sharing with her. "You are quite known in your field. We don't want this information to leak to the press, would you like the others to know that you have a child with the business tycoon Tomoe-who is a married man?"

"My son is not Tomoe's!"

"We will settle that fact in a legal matter, (l/n)-san." Ichinose said. "We are going to conduct an DNA testing."

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my son." You warned her, "just because Tomoe is a business tycoon, doesn't mean I cannot fight you in court." You turned away and started walking, never waiting for her response.

"I understand." Ichinose sighed. She tried to do this the peaceful way, but it seems like you dot have any plans of cooperating.

"I'll see you in court then, I will have someone deliver you another letter directly. Then we'll do this the legal way."

You left the coffee shop confidently, chin up and straight back as if you are proud of something...

We'll you are... You are proud of having Seien- just not proud of the fact that even though his father doesn't even know he exist he wanted to abort him already...and now, after all these years, he's going to take Seien away from her?

No way!!

'What letter?' you keep thinking if you have received a letter regarding the matter... but there was none...right?

'Does that mean they already know Seien's existence before Akashi got in the picture?'

"We sent a letter addressed to your house, few weeks ago. The post registered it as delivered. Meaning you were able to receive the letter. But there was no response coming from you. So I personally seek you to talk about the matter. I am currently holding the court date because I want to talk to you personally about the possible-"