Chapter 21

Chapter 21

You opened your eyes and found yourself looking up at the ceiling of your bedroom.

"This...how did I-" you asked quietly when you remembered that you were discussing something with Akashi at the staircase.

"You fainted," someone supplied.

When you turned, you found Akashi standing next to your bed. He sat down to the space next to you and pushed the hair that was sticking to your face.

"Near the staircase?"

"On the staircase, when you were on your way up here." He clarified. "Are you still feeling light-headed?"

"I think I'm fine now." You answered honestly.

"That's great." Akashi smiled, "I asked the maid to prepare something for you, do you have any request?"

"No , I'm fine." You assured him.

"Not anything at all? Anything you want to eat?"

"Anything is alright."

"Okay then. Don't hesitate to ask if there is something you'd like to eat."

"Yes. Sure." You nodded.

"Tomorrow, we will visit the hospital." Akashi informs you.

"Why? I'm feeling better now, we don't need to visit the doctor."

"Yes, I understand that. But have you considered the possibility that you could be pregnant?" You stared at Akashi.

"Pregnant?"

"Yes."

"I--can't be pregnant..." you stuttered.

"What do you mean you cannot be pregnant?" Akashi asked, "are you that against of having a child with me?"

"No!" You defended, "that is not what I meant!"

"What is it then?"

"I mean I'm probably just stressed from work and the case and tired from my flight the other day..over-fatigue?" You suggested.

"We still need to be sure."

"But there's no symptoms..." you whispered. "Not even cravings...and I had my period last month."

"Indeed." Akashi nodded "but the same happened when you were pregnant with Seien. So we can't just let this pass."

"Well then, if you insist...then I'll go and visit the doctor to be sure."

"Good. I will make an appointment to with Shintarou. He will introduce us to a good doctor." Akashi leaned and kissed your lips, surprising you with his action. "I'll be back, I'll just make a call."

When Akashi left, the maid entered and prepared the table where you can have your meal. Your favorite food is present and fresh fruits on the side.

"There's too much food." You commented.

"Seijurou-sama requested to prepare your favorites, ma'am."

"You didn't have to-" you assured them.

"But we have to." The maid smiled, "we want you to be healthy, we were worried when you fainted."

"Seijurou-sama was frantic, he immediately asked for a doctor and brought you upstairs." The other maid supplied. You smiled at the thought of a frantic Akashi.

"It will make us happy if you eat what we prepare for you. We want you in the best shape, Ma'am. So if there's something you want to eat, just inform us."

"Thanks." You smiled at them.

You started eating the food they served. They were your favorites so there's no problem in emptying the plate. When Akashi returned he found you playing with the last few vegetable leaf that was left on your plate.

"Ah, you ate." Akashi approved. "Anything you'd like for tonight's dinner?"

"Anything is fine." You answered.

The evening went on peacefully and you didn't intend to continue the conversation that you had with him earlier even though you really want to ask him again.

The next day you visited the doctor Midorima recommended. And she confirmed that you are 7 weeks pregnant.

"That can't be right, I had my period last month."

"I assure you, it is." The doctor pressed, " Did you notice any irregularities?"

Your brow furrowed. Your period had been unusually light and lasted less than half the usual time. Hearing your excuse, Akashi requested for several tests to assure your condition. When the result came out positive, Akashi took your hand gently and squeezed them.

"How do you feel?" Akashi asked when they stepped out of the doctor's office.

"Fine" you answered, "happy, scared and a little tired." You admitted.

"Happy, I can take...but why scared?"

"I nearly had a miscarriage last time...you know, stuff like that."

"The doctor assured that you are doing well." Akashi said, "I am here with you, unlike the last time." Akashi whispered.

"And you?" You asked him seriously, "Are you okay with this?" You placed your hand on your stomach and frowned.

"What are you talking about, I am happy." Akashi smiled and covered your hand with his own. "This is our child."

"Will you still love Seien after I give birth to this one?" You asked worriedly and the twinkle in Akashi's eyes disappeared.

You waited for his answer and it took a full ten seconds before Akashi answered which made you frown.

"Of course-"

"-not." You interrupted, your tears threatening to fall but you stopped them before they could.

"Why are you putting words on my mouth?" Akashi asked gently, holding your wrist tightly to make sure you wouldn't get away.

"You're hurting me." You tried to free your wrist.

"I am not." Akashi pressed. "Can we first talk about this?"

"I needed to be in the office before lunch, we will have this conversation la-"

"Now." Akashi finished. "We will have this conversation now and you will cut down your hours at the firm."

"No." Akashi didn't move, but there was a dangerous stillness that succeeded in sending an icy shiver down your spine.

"No?"

"N-no..." you answered shakily, "For now." you added in defeat.

"Good." Akashi declared with chilling softness. "For now, I'll let you do as you wish but once the doctor advise you will cut down your hours or you will take a leave."

"You cannot do that!" You objected. "I work for a living-"

"You don't really need one." Akashi stated.

"I need one! I'm not used to staying at home and wait for you until you come home." You pressed, "And I'm doing this for Seien, my son-"

"Our son." Akashi corrected. "When will you accept the face that Seien is not Saruhiko's?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Our son," Akashi pressed, "will be provided and I will provide his needs."

"You say that now because this child here is still inside me, but when this child comes out your attention will be divided and we both know you will only pay attention to what is yours."

"You are being emotional, (name)." Akashi commented.

"I am not." You answered, "I'm just stating a fact. Normal siblings fight for their parents' attention, what more a child of another man and the biological child--ow!" You gasped when Akashi's hand on your wrist tightened.

"You're hurting me!"

"Calm yourself and I will let go of you." He advised and you did.

When Akashi sensed that you are already calm, he loosened the hold on your wrist, but didn't let go; He only did, when he opened the passenger's door for you to get in.

You glared at Akashi when he drove away from the direction of your office and headed back home.

"Why are we heading back?" You asked, trying to suppress your irritation.

"I'll let you go to work," Akashi answered, "but you'll have to to file a leave for the next three weeks."

"Three weeks!?" You turned to him angrily, "Why? What for!?"

"To rest."

"I have projects to finish!" you objected.

"From what I heard, you only have 3 active projects." Your eyes continued to glare at him, "The project in Hokkaido, my office and the apartment of a private client who canceled the deal--making it now, two."

"I will transfer Ayumi to another team." You stated.

"And put your projects in risk?" Akashi chuckled, "Do what you want, but don't push yourself too hard." Akashi reminded you.

"One report about you getting ill from over-working, I will personally seek your boss to fire you."

"You're over reacting!"

"You're being stubborn." He returned. "Three weeks and I'm letting you go back to work, provided that your schedule and project site visit will be lessened and monitored."

"What the hell?"

"I worry for you and the child inside you." Akashi reminded, "Your body isn't just yours anymore. Three weeks, just rest for three weeks,I promise I'll let you get back to work."

There was silence as you try and register Akashi's words.

"Three weeks?"

"Yes. Three weeks." Akashi nodded.

"Fine." You closed your eyes, "I will call for a leave, but only three weeks."

"Good." When Akashi stopped the car outside the gate, you looked up and asked him 'Why?' Normally, Akashi would drive straight inside provided his people already know he is coming home--but why stop now?

"Why did you stop?" You asked him and followed the line of his sight which ended at a certain car parked outside the gates.

"A visitor?" You asked. "Are you expecting someone?"

"No." Akashi answered honestly with a frown. He pressed the car horn and seconds later a figure came out of the car.

Your heart started beating rapidly when you saw the person who came out of the car.

"Sa-Saruhiko!"

Saruhiko climbed out of his car and approached Akashi's window and knocked. It seems like he couldn't see you through the tinted glass of the car which relieved you slightly.

"Why is he here?" You asked Akashi nervously.

"I don't know." Akashi answered, "stay calm and don't come out of the car until I say so." He ordered and took the seat-belt off and climbed out closing the door behind him immediately.

"Saruhiko, what brings you here?" You heard Akashi ask.

You held your stomach, you are starting to feel queasy. You couldn't hear what they are talking about and it's making you nervous.