Chapter 4

The next day, Akashi found you and Seien in having lunch at a family restaurant across the park. Akashi found Seien enjoying every moment of it. And somehow, seeing him with you irritates Akashi in a way he cannot understand.

'It's just a kid. Her son to be exact.' he says to himself. 'Tomoe Saruhiko's too...' another voice whispers.

"Ah, I know now." He opened his car door and stepped out of the car and fixed his coat. "It's because the fact that he is Tomoe's son." His red eyes glinted along with irritation, but it was immediately hidden behind a small smile that was plastered on his lips.

He walked into the restaurant holding a box in his arms and walked casually to your direction.

You were feeding Seien when you noticed that he was smiling at someone behind you, that is when you looked over your shoulder and found Akashi standing smiling at your boy and you.

"Ara? Akashi-san? You're still here in Osaka?" you asked.

"Good day, (name)." He greeted with a smile. "I'm currently on a vacation leave too, just like you." he said.

"Oh, I see now." you turned your back at him and busied yourself with wiping Seien's face.

"Are you not going to invite me to sit with you?" Akashi voiced out.

"A- Ah, please take a seat." you stuttered in realization, "I'm sorry, I was too busy looking after Seien." you excused.

"No worries." and Akashi smiled at you before he took a seat across you.

"Sei-san!" Seien cheered.

"Hello, Seien. We meet again." Akashi greeted Seien. "I have something for you." Akashi placed a box in front of Seien who just blinked in return.

"A box!" he squealed.

"A present." Akashi corrected. "Happy 5th birthday"

"You didn't have to, Akashi-san."

"Open it, Seien." he said and the young boy stood up on his chair to have a good look at what is inside the box.

"Waa!" he squealed, and you noticed the young boy's eyes twinkled in excitement on what was inside the box. "Basketball!" he called out as he gets the ball out of the box. "Thank you , Sei-san!"

You smiled at your son'd excitement when he held the ball on his hand and Akashi was smiling at him too.

"Have you ever played basketball before?" Akashi asked Seien.

"No. I dont go out. I play inside with my toys and draws" He answered proudly.

"He never played before?" Akashi turned to you with a frown.

"He never really go out, after daycare... he prefers to stay indoors and draw or play on his own." you said.

"Well then, we shall try and play with your new ball, Seien." Akashi said.

"Mm." And Seien turned to you, as if waiting for your confirmation.

"Yes of course." You nodded at the boy, "Yes you can play with Akashi-san when you are done with your homework."

"Yay!"

Actually, the day was spent with Akashi and Seien spending time together at the inn's recreational center. There was a small court made for little kids to play with and Akashi taught him how to play. It was a good sight really, and watching Seien play with Akashi makes you happy...

If only Saruhiko would play with you like that Seien...

It has been five years since you give birth to Seien...does Saruhiko even know he exists?

No. He doesn't.

*-AKASHI-*

"Are you driving back to Tokyo?" Akashi asked when he went to your Inn the next morning and saw you packing up your bag.

"Yes." you answered.

"I'm on my way back Tokyo too, we should just go back together."

"Aren't you taking the train?"

"Yes. We will take the train, I'll have someone pick up your car here."

"But Akashi-san, driving is more fun than train. We could also stop by to have lunch on our way back and have extra time to enjoy the scenery."

"You can do that in the train too. Besides, I heard from the weather report that there'll be rain showers later today, it's dangerous to drive alone."

"Dont be ridiculous, I've been driving all my life."

"(name)." Akashi grabbed your wrist gently, "Rain is dangerous and you are alone with Seien. Please take the train." It was a gentle command that it surprised you.

"But Akashi-san...if we take the train, it will take time to book for a ride back to Tokyo."

"I will take care of it." Akashi said with assurance "We will leave later after lunch, leave your keys to me." he ordered and after you placed your things at the back of your car you handled Akashi the key, he was waiting for it after all. "Great. You will see your car at home safe as you two are." Akashi assured you and he walked back with you following right behind him.

"Where is Seien?" he asked when he noticed that you weren't with Seien at the parking lot.

"He was still sleeping so I left to put the bags at the car." you said.

"I see." Akashi walked inside your your room like he owns it and glanced at Seien who was sleeping, teddy bears and crayon around his sleeping form.

"Akashi-san, would you like something to eat?" you walked to the table where the phone is and dialed a number, "Breakfast, anything?"

"Tea, but anything is good." Akashi responded as he walked closer to Seien's side and examined the boy's face who was sleeping comfortably.

Moments later your ordered breakfast came to your room, and you ate with Akashi quietly.

"It has been a long time since we had breakfast together." Akashi started, and you were at first confused as to what he was saying... until you remembered that day.