Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Wait- us?"

"Yes, us." Akashi confirmed.

"Why me too?" you asked nervously.

"Because he wants to meet his daughter-in-law." The smirk on Akashi's face tells the world that he's sure of what he is doing. Not the nervous type at all... even though its his father they'll be meeting... or more like, YOU'LL be meeting.

----AKASHI----

You arrived at the MAIN Akashi house... not Seijurou Akashi's house, but the house where AKASHI MASAOMI is living in. (This one is in Tokyo. They also have a house in Kyoto which is also one of the family's main home).

Akashi MASAOMI is a man around his 60's to mid 70's as what Akashi had told you. He's a healthy man who doesn't look like his age as he welcomes you and his son in his spacious home office. His hair was brown and some are white,his

eyes--gold and resembles the sharpness of Akashi's eyes. His eyes screams ABSOLUTE...as expected of Akashi's father.

"We're here, father." Akashi greeted he stood there with you inside his father's office.

"So this is your wife, Seijurou?" Masaomi stood from his chair. He eyed you from head to toe then turned to his son.

"Yes," Akashi answered straight. "This is (name)." He gestured to you

"It's nice to finally meet you, (name)." he greeted in return, "I am Akashi Masaomi, Seijurou's father."

"Konichiwa." you greeted nervously with a courtly bow towards the older man.

"I called you here regarding the issue that occurred last night in the party." Masaomi announced straight to the point. He doesn't look so happy about the events. Akashi didn't respond, he waited for his father to finish speaking.

Masaomi placed a copy of the today's newspaper on the table. The front page was a photo of Akashi and you standing together when you entered the ballroom that evening.

'Akashi Seijurou married to Interior Designer--(Full name)!?'

Then under the front page was a small comment section from random people who were present that evening.

'I never heard of it. There was no wedding that occurred. Probably a hoax?'

'Maybe they did a secret one, to avoid issues.'

'I heard that they're involved with the Tomoe's. I heard last night they were arguing with Tomoe's wife.'

'He ditched the her fiance for that lady! wow!!'

'Eh? Really? I never heard of the wedding? Why would he hide his own wedding? Did he really got married?'

Your heart stopped beating for a short moment from embarrassment... the article and the comments were filled with negative reactions.

No wonder his father summoned Akashi.

"How are you planning to do with this?" Masaomi asked, sitting back down on his chair.

"Nothing." Akashi answered without hesitation, you looked at him nervously then to his father.

'It was my fault.' you silently said to yourself.

"Akashi-san--" you stepped forward shakily, this made the older Akashi turn his attention to you.

"Akashi-san?" He scoffed.

"I-I'm--" you stuttered, but Akashi pulled you back before you could apologize about the issue.

"(Name)." Akashi called.

"I- I'm sorry! It was my-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about (name)." Akashi reminded you. "People say what they want to say."

"What they think is nothing important to our life- given time, this issue will become old news." He added.

"But still-"

"And my opinion is nothing to you?" Masaomi questioned. "You are indeed the head of the Akashi but I still have the power to everything."

"Father-" Akashi tried to protest.

"Seijurou!" Masaomi silenced him, the rise of his tone startled you.

"You are doing things on your own pace." Masaomi said, "have you ever thought of what others would say?

You didn't even consider your old man's feelings about this entire issue?"

"..." Akashi was quiet.

"You give diamond presents to an old partner's daughter. Engage yourself without informing your only family and now you announce to the society that you are married to another woman?

Is that how an Akashi should be acting?

Is that what your mother have thought you before she passed away?"

"Mother passed away when I was young." Akashi corrected.

"Are you telling me that your mother didn't teach you the right manners during her days?"

You wanted to leave the room. You were in the middle of a private argument between a father and his son...but you were too scared to move.

"I never once betrayed your mother- even after she passed away. And the young girl Keiko, she was still alive and yet you have already turned your back on her to marry someone else...

Someone you married secretly? No proper procedures?

That is not what an Akashi should be doing." There was silence that followed Masaomi's words. The argument between the two Akashi's came out like war between two powerful people---they are indeed two powerful people.

Influential