"This is (full name)" Akashi introduced, pulling you to stand next to him, you felt suddenly frozen when he did...also, the woman he called Keiko stared at you from head to toe and looked at Seien in disgust.

'What the hell!? Am I being criticized!?'

"(full name)?" Keiko titled her head to look at you. "Your new secretary? Why is she with her kid? so unprofessional!" Keiko commented.

Your eyes widened.

You have completely forgot...Akashi has a wife---No, wait...not wife, but the lover?...yes, it had to be his lover...she kissed him after all, but doesn't live with him to be the wife..and he is like temporarily married to you...

'Yes, it had to be...the girlfriend, the lover.'  You were surprised to see her there really. And Akashi seems to be not expecting her appearance as well.

You didn't want to mess up with her... she's Akashi's special someone.

It's embarrassing to be standing between the two of them... you decided to step away from Akashi to let him handle his lover and pretend that you are a random attendee.

"What? You looked like you have seen a ghost." Another voice erupted from the crowd.

Your eyes traveled to the direction of a woman in black dress. She was beautiful...and you know her...she was one of those faces you didn't want to deal with.

"You wan't to know who she is?" She questioned.

"Oh look~! You're here too, Kaoru." Keiko greeted happily.

"Of course... My husband was invited, but he's busy dealing with some cases that needed his attention." the black haired woman informed you as if she was not talking to Keiko.

"So, (l/n)-san-" Kaoru studied your appearance as if she was eyeing someone in lower status.

"Oh wait!" Keiko interrupted, "Seijurou, this is my friend Kaoru." Keiko pulled Akashi to her side.

"We have already met once...with her husband." Akashi mentions as he pry Keiko's hand off him gently.

"Really?" Keiko turned to Kaoru, it was as if you weren't existing as the three of them converse.

"Tomoe Kaoru." Akashi's voice was cold as he acknowledges her unwanted appearance.

"Yes, its a pleasure to meet you again...Akashi-san." Kaoru smiled pleasantly at Akashi. "I didn't know you are betrothed to my old friend, Keiko." Kaoru's voice was clear as she mentioned the word betrothed.

"Betrothed?" you gasped in surprise.

"Yes, aren't we? You gave me a ring after all." Keiko showed it to him to remind him.

You froze on the spot when your eyes met Kaoru's knowing glance...

"Now you should know, (l/n)-san..." Kaoru called your attention. "They are to be married."

"What is this all about, Kaoru? You know her too?" Keiko asked gesturing to you.

"Yes." Kaoru answered disappointingly, "Unfortunately...I happened to know her."

"Who is she then? Why is everyone talking about her?"

"Let me do the honors." Kaoru smiled, "This is (Full name), my husband's college lover." Keiko gasped in surprise.

"You mean- she's the one who you-" Kaoru smiled at Keiko and nodded in confirmation.

"You're Tomoe's ex-lover?" Keiko gasped.

"She was Tomoe's ex-lover." Akashi interrupted disgustingly.

"Oh- this is awkward... Should't she not be anywhere near you Kaoru?" Keiko asked. "I mean, she's your husband's ex--and she might still have bitter feelings towards what happened."

"I don't."

"She doesn't!"

Akashi's and your's answer came out at the same time. One calm, one defensive.

You weren't the defensive one...

Keiko turned to Akashi. To her, your answer was ignored and she didn't want to hear your opinion of the matter either.

...But Akashi's tone came a bit different to her.

"Are you protecting her?" She asked in surprise, "I mean...she's someone's ex lover...that someone happened to be my friend. You shouldn't side with her!"

"Keiko!" Akashi was starting to get fed up of Keiko's antics.

Well, its not really Keiko nor Kaoru's fault which irritates him. For the first time...Akashi felt threatened.