"Don't Turn Down A Good Opportunity." - Chapter 49

Start from the beginning

Evan laughed lightly. "Good to know, but I'm not into guys." She said quietly.

The girl's smile brightened. "Ah. That's okay. Neither am I." She admitted and scruched her face a bit before smiling. Evan smiled up at her. "I'm Erika." She said and held a hand out for Evan to shake.

Evan shook Erika's hand. "I'm-"

"Evan!" Drake yelled. "Get your ass over here! We're leaving."

"-I'm leaving." Evan put the shirt back. "Maybe next time..." She sighed before heading out with her older brother.

Erika smiled slightly before picking up the shirt Evan had just put down. She walked over to the checkout. "Hey Clare, put this on my employee discount."

Evan's p.o.v.

We walked out of hot topic and Drake looked down at me, grinning like a monkey. "Can I help you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You like her." Drake said.

"What? Who? No." I said quickly.

"You like her. That girl and yes." Drake said.

"You're delirious." I said, shaking my head.

Drake shook his head. Damn, he was confident about this. "No." He answered. "I am the master of picking up girls. I know all the moves, body language, and the facial expressions."

"Oh, yeah, but today you struck out, big time." I smiled.

"Moving on." Drake said, clearly annoyed with me as he added an eye roll. "But you like her."

"Eh- She's hot, I'll give you that." I spoke. This is not how I wanted to bond with Drake. I don't want to talk to him about girls. It's weird. Granted, I don't have anyone else to talk about girls with. I mean, Gavin's my best friend, but he's gay. Although, he has told me too much about a lot.

"Exactly." Drake smiled. I rolled my eyes and we headed to the food court. He got pizza and I simply got a blueberry milkshake.

*The Next Day*
Evan's p.o.v.

I was walking along the rows and messy columns of tombstones. The flowers that were planted in front of each grave could use some water. I walked around in the breezy air while the sun was setting quickly, searching for one tombstone in particular. It was in the back, further than any other. A bouquet of roses was placed in front and that's the only color it had. I sat right in front of the stone that was implanted into the ground. I looked up at the words that were engraved, but only to see a paper hanging from it. On it said, Here lies the biggest druggy mother alive. Oh, haha, she isn't alive anymore. She must hav been realy drunk and fucked up 'cus she gave birth to the six gross, fucked up kids EVER. Yes, the spelling was wrong on most of the words. I ripped it off into shreds and let a tear roll down my cheek. I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, "Hi, Mom... I know I haven't been here in such a long time. I'm so sorry. I've had a lot to do and you wouldn't believe what's been happening~"

*15 minutes later*

"~And yesterday, I went to hot topic and there was this employee- Her name is Erika, she's very pretty-"