Chapter 21: Finns confession

Start from the beginning

"Of course", I smile and give Willow to him and he lights up.

Somehow Willow manages to enchant everyone in her presence.

After Plutarch has had her for quite a while, Haymitch becomes impatient.

"Plutarch you goofy goose, give me my goddaughter now", he says.

"Goddaughter?" Plutarch asks cheerfully.

"Yep", Haymitch says proud.

Wow Haymitch!

It's quite amusing to see everyone fight over whose turn it is to hold Willow, especially considering that Katniss and I can lie and cuddle with her how much we want when they all have left.

Suddenly I hear Finn and Cassidy's voices stands out in the fuss about Willow.

I look after them with my eyes and I find them standing beside the dining table which as a lot of snacks.

"I don't have to be that just because you're mean", Cassidy screams at Finn.

"But it's true", he says by far. "You just have to face facts Cassidy".

"I really hate you, your inflated dimwit", she shouts at him.

"Hey!" Katniss shouts at them and everyone becomes silent.

Katniss walks up them.

"Cassidy, you didn't really mean that did you?" She asks.

"Yes I did, because Finn is so damn mean to me", Cassidy says stubbornly.

"Finn I don't know what happened that caused you to behave so badly towards only Cassidy, you refuse to tell anyone, even your own mother, but you really have to stop", Katniss says. She looks at both of them. "You guys were the best of friends, why are you so mean to each other?"

"Ask that big dimwit", Cassidy shouts, pointing at Finn.

"Cassidy!" Felice says severely.

Finn just stands there a long time without saying anything and looks at Cassidy. He shakes his head and walks upstairs and locks himself in one of the rooms.

Cassidy frowns.

"He can't expect me not to get back at some point", she says uncertainly. "Was I too mean?"

"No Cassidy, it's probably not that", Annie says soothing.

"I wish he could explain what it is with him", Cassidy said sadly. "I really do miss him. But if you tell him, I'll deny it!"

Everyone smiles at her.

I decide to go up and see Finn. I bring Willow too, because I know how much he loves her.

I walk upstairs and knock on the only closed door.

"Finn open up, it's just Willow and I", I say and the door opens immediatley.

He streches out his hands and I give Willow to him. He sits down on a chair and hugs Willow carefully.

I shut the door, take a chair and sit in front of him.

"Finn tell me, what's up?"

Finn looks doubtfully at me. "Finn, I know that you're fourteen and you're turning fifteen soon, but you can always talk to me", I say. "And Cassidy turns ten soon, you know she's getting older too, and eventually you may lose her for good. So tell me".

Finn sighs. He keep hugging Willow.

"I'm just scared", he says.

"Finn look at me", I say and he does. "Scared of what?"

"That I'll start to ... you know ... have feelings for her, when she gets older", Finn mumbles and turns red in his face.

Oh I see. Finn is afraid to fall in love with Cassidy!

"So you try to push her away instead?" I ask.

Finn nods.

So that's why he's so mean to Cassidy. Not because he wants to be, but because he thinks he has to be.

"But Finn, if you fall in love with her in the future, it won't help to push her away, you would fall in love with her anyway", I say. "You'd end up falling in love with her but she'd end up hating you because you've been so mean to her". Finn says nothing. "Finn believe me, when it comes to love, you can't choose who you fall in love with, you just do", I say.

"You seem to know that feeling", Finn says suspiciously.

"Yep, but you'll find out how, when you learn about my two Hunger Games", I say slyly.

"Okay, but I won't until I'm seventeen, and it's three years until that", Finn says disappointed.

"Yes, patience Finn", I say and stand up. "Can I have Willow back?"

"Nope", he says and stands up. "It feels good to have talked to you".

"I'm always here for you Finn", I say.

"I know", he says and smiles.

When we come back down, everyone is looking at us. Finn just ignore them and sits down in the sofa with Willow.

I laugh and shake my head.

Katniss looks curiously at me but I shake my head at her. I can't tell her what Finn told me, I would just betray his trust to me. And that can't happen.

"But Plutarch remember that no one in the Capitol or the Districts can know about Willow yet", Katniss says.

"I know Katniss, don't worry", Plutarch laughs.

I smile and put my arms around Katniss waist and kiss her.

I love her so much.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Sooo here you've got another chapter and I hope you liked it.

What did you think? Please tell me.

Vote and comment please I would be so happy to know what you though :)

-Josephine 💋