chapter 19

"Double chocolate chip muffins" Manik and Nandini spoke together and looked at each other.
The waiter left after taking their order.

"Chalo kahi toh humare tastes milte hai" Nandini said.

"Hmm, let's see what other similarities we have" Manik said rubbing his hands together.

They talked about their likes and dislikes; some of which were similar and some were poles apart, with some teasing and leg pulling; until they were done with their muffins.

They came out of the cafe and Manik pulled Nandini by her arm and held her by her shoulder while she looked at him quizzically.

"Lets take a pic together" he said and took a selfie and showed her.

"Nice, ab mere marne ke baad, you can look at this and remember me" she teased but the after effects weren't good.

"Nandini!" He growled and harshly pulled her by her arm.
"Don't you dare repeat that again!" His nostrils flared, eyebrows at their lowest, overshadowing his eyes and his grip on her getting tighter. For an extended second, his eyes remained steady and unblinking on her face.

"I'm sorry" she muttered. "I was just joking Manik" She rested her palm on his chest.

He looked at her hand and back at her. His eyebrows relaxed and he sighed.
"Listen, DON'T say that again!" He ordered and she nodded.

Nandini felt delighted seeing his concern for her and smiled inwardly. He loosened his grip and leaned onto his car and she followed his actions.

"Monster mode on toh nahi hogaya na?" She asked with a playful smile and he sighed shaking his head.

"You wanted to call Bhai na" Nandini reminded him.

"Oh yeah, mogambo ke orders hai, I should be home on time" he said as he dialled Cabir's number.

"Mogambo?" Nandini gave him a puzzled look.

"My dad" he chuckled and got a light slap on his shoulder in return from her.

"Dude I know you're missing me but let me enjoy my date yaar" Cabir spoke from the other side.

"Missing you my foot!" Manik rolled his eyes.

Here Nandini's vision started becoming blur. She repeatedly blinked her eyes but she felt everything was spinning.

"Ok bye" She heard Manik say.

Manik looked at her and found her eyes tightly shut, she had held her head between her hands.

"Nandini are you okay?" He asked placing his hand on her shoulder. But the next thing was that she became unconscious and was about to fall down when he secured her in his arms.

"Nandini! Nandini utho! Kya hua tumhe?" He patted her cheek but got no response. Manik checked her pulse and found it normal.

"You're not yet a doctor ke pulse check karne se you'll get to know everything" He mentally slapped himself and quickly adjusted her in his car. He sprinkled some water on her hoping for her to regain consciousness but to his dismay, it didn't work.

Manik continuously called her name, looking at her every now then, but all in vain. He spotted a clinic and immediately halted the car.

--------------

"I think we have to do a blood test" the doctor suggested and Manik became even more worried.

Nandini slowly opened her eyes and frowned looking at the surroundings. She saw Manik who was pacing to and fro near the bed she was lying on.