chapter 8

Hello people! Hope you're all doing good!
For those asking about Nandini, have some patience 🙈
You'll get to know soon! Happy reading! 😊

_______________________________________

Nandini reached home luckily on time before Navya.
She carefully hid her reports under the mattress and also kept her medicines in a safe place where Navya wouldn't notice.
Half an hour later, Navya arrived. The two girls had lunch had a good time after long.

On the other hand, ManBir reached Mukti's place. At first she was furious at them for being late, but soon she calmed down. The three spent their day making some music since Dhruv and Alya had gone out.

Monday morning:

Nandini and Navya went to the locker room only to find everyone present there already. Some going through files while the others were checking their lockers.

"Gooood morningg people!" Nandini greeted in her ever so cheerful voice.
All of them looked at her and smiled. They greeted her back. Cabir smiled at her proudly to which she winked at him.

Manik was lost in her. The world seemed a better place for him when she smiled.

Soon, they went for briefing. Manik seeing no doctors around, went and hugged Nyonika from back but instead got a fake scolding from her and everyone giggled silently.

"So now, one week is over and so are the groups of five. Now onwards you'll be in pairs of two or three."
Everyone nodded and she continued, "So Cabir,Rahul,Mukti - general ward
Navya,Shweta - children's ward
Manik,Nandini - lab......"

As soon as Manik and Nandini heard this, they both smiled inwardly but Nandini, as well as being happy was nervous too.

".....Manik,Nandini there isn't much work in the lab, so if you're done, just be there, I'll get back at you." They nodded. "Okay so get going" Nyonika finished and they all dispersed.

In the lab:

Both were doing their work since long with complete silence. Fortunately or unfortunately, there was no one else present in the lab apart from these two.
They both wanted to talk but none had the courage to do so. Both were afraid that the other would ask about the previous day.
Unable to bear the silence anymore, Manik faked a cough and Nandini who was giving a final look on the microscope, looked at him.

M: uhm..are we..restricted to talk to each other?
N: n..nahi...no! (nervously)
M: then why so quiet?
N: Tum bhi toh chup the..
M: (chuckled) yeah...actually..kuch samaj nahi aaraha tha kya bolu..
N: kuch bhi bolo..

Nandini was now in the mood.
N: acha tell me how was the US?

Manik smiled while closing his file, "Awesome! Seriously, it was amazing."

Nandini too smiled and he continued, "You know, pehle toh I didn't want to go..but I had no choice, but after getting there, it wasn't that bad..just that I missed mom so much!"

"You love her alot na?" she asked remembering her parents.
"Hmm.." he looked at her and found her looking down. He went closer and kept his hand on her shoulder. "You miss them alot na?"

She looked at him and again down and managed to smile. "Yeah..but they are happy at a much better place" she closed her eyes to control her tears.

M: Yes..they are...but you know what?
N: (still looking down) what?

Manik held her hand and she abruptly looked at him. "They'll only be happy if you are happy. Ye jo kabhi kabhi tum itni sad hojati ho na, I'm sure they won't be liking it."