chapter 21

"Breath in! Breath out!" Nandini tried to calm herself down on reaching her room.
"Jitna sochti hu ke usse door rahu, utna hi me uske paas jaati hu. What's wrong with me? Aiyyapa! Why can't I stay away from Manik?"

"Nanduuu" Navya's voice broke her chain of thoughts.
"Cominngg" she answered and went down.

---------------

It was announced the next afternoon that four of the interns will be going to the other branch of their hospital which was on the outskirts of the city.

"You'll be leaving today at 4pm and will be back by tomorrow evening. No need to worry about the accommodation, because everything is arranged. The chosen one's are Rahul, Cabir, Mukti and Navya. All the best" the Dean finished and everyone clapped and wished good luck to the four of them.

"Hum Nandu ko akele chodke nahi jaasakte" Navya said once the other doctors had left. "Baar baar bhimar padjati hai aur akele rahegi toh pata nahi kya hoga"

"C'mon Navya, it's just one night..and I can take care of myself" Nandini assured.

"HA HA HA! That's the biggest lie I've heard" Manik mocked.

"Excuse me?" Nandini faced him. "Kya matlab hai tumhara?"

"Matlab yahi that you can't take of yourself, you're one clumsy girl I've come across" Manik remarked finding it difficult to hide his smile.

"Haww! Tumne muje clumsy kaha, how dare you?" Nandini slightly hit his chest out of irritation.

"I dare yes!" Manik took a step closer to her.

"Half time!" Cabir came between the two and turned to Navya. "Okay if you're worried about her, then one of them will stay with her for the night." He looked at Dhruv and Alya, "tum dono ko toh permission nahi milegi"
He looked back at Manik, "Manik will stay over"

"What?" Manik and Nandini shouted together.

"Bhai, iski koi zarurat nahi hai..I'll manage" Nandini said.

"Exactly Cabir" Mukti spoke. "Warna ladte ladte ek dusre ko khaajayenge"

"Itna bhi nahi ladte hum" Manik interrupted.

"Yeah..he's right..so it's decided, Madhubala ji ab toh koi problem nahi hai na?" Cabir asked Navya and she shook her head.

"Navya" Manik began. "You don't need to worry about this drama queen, I'll handle her" he winked at Nandini and she rolled her eyes.

----------------

"Bhai what did you do? Kya zarurat thi Manik se kehne ki that he'll stay over at my place?" Nandini questioned Cabir once they reached the locker room.

"Didnt you see? Navya was refusing to come, I had no option Choti and what's wrong with this? Manik hi toh hai" Cabir answered.

"Yahi toh problem hai ke Manik hai..you..you won't understand" Nandini said.
Every time she thought of staying away from him, destiny would bring him closer to her.

"I understand" Cabir said and Nandini looked at him.
"Tu nahi chahti na ke woh tere paas aaye?"

"Bhai.."

"Look Nandini, I know what you're thinking. But let me tell you ke aisa karne se you won't only be hurting yourself but also Manik. Both of you like being together, you enjoy each other's company, so be it. Don't let anything or anyone take away your happiness. Tu agar usse avoid karne ka sochrahi hai so don't even try doing that. I'm not saying this because he's my friend, but because the peace I see on his face when he's with you is completely different. And tuje bhi dekha hai meine jab tu uske saath hoti hai, you're happy."