chapter 25

An early update for all you wonderful people who always make me smile by their lovely comments. It means a lot to me that you guys are enjoying this. Thank you all so much ❤
secretwriiterr you top the list cutie 😘

_____________________________

It had been quite a while since Fab 5 and NavNi were at the airport. Chit chatting, giving instructions to Manik to take care of himself and asking him to contact them as soon as he reaches Delhi.

"Manik I think you should go now, woh check-in mein bhi time lagega" Cabir said.

"Saaf saaf bolna mujse chutkara chahiye" Manik faked sadness.

"Acha hua tuje pata chalgaya..I was thinking how to tell you this" Cabir joked and Manik punched him playfully.

Nandini came forward to bid Manik bye but she tripped over a bag and luckily Manik got hold of her just in time.
Lost. Again. In each other's eyes.

"Nandu tum thik ho?" Navya's voice broke their trance and she nodded. Manik made her stand and she muttered a 'thanks'

The rest got involved in a conversation leaving out the two.
"Bye Manik, take care" Nandini spoke softly and he let out a chuckle.

"I should be the one saying this, take care, yaha waha girti mat rehna..I won't be around to hold you" he said and she smiled.

"Okay so...bye.." he forwarded his hand. "Drama queen"

"Bye" she shook his hand. "Monster"

Both smiled and unwillingly withdrew their hands. Tears welled up and she closed her eyes to hold them back.
Manik bid bye to rest and took his luggage. He started moving away and suddenly stopped at a distance. He turned back to catch a glimpse of his star, who was already looking at him.
Manik waved a bye and she smiled, a lone tear escaping her eye.
She quickly wiped it off as Manik walked inside.

-----------------

Nandini glanced at Navya for the nth time who was fast asleep but there she was, fully awake. It was as though she had been attacked by insomnia that night.
After getting Manik's message in the group, which informed he had reached safely, she felt at peace but couldn't fathom why she was unable to sleep.

Tired of tossing and turning in bed, she got up and went to the balcony with her diary and a pen.
She settled down gazing at the stars and didn't realize when she started writing.

Dear diary,
It's been long, actually very long since I last wrote here. I did that almost two years back, when Manik left for the US. I liked him back then, but thought that destiny doesn't want us to be together. I never thought I'll see him again, though I always wanted to. I hoped everyday, that he would come back up until the moment I got to know about my truth. That I was suffering from Cancer. That moment seemed to have stopped for me. Having studied medicine, I had a clue that there's something wrong with me since I used to fall sick every now and then. But cancer? I never imagined.
I spent that whole day by the beach. Away from the world so that I could muster up my courage. I couldn't face Navya in that state, neither could I tell her the truth. She would have shattered.
At that moment, for the first time, I wished never to come face to face with Manik again. Because then I wouldn't be able to hold back my feelings for him. But they say destiny has its own plans. A week later I got the news that he's coming back. I'll see him everday, everytime.
I was in a dilemma. I had already buried my feelings for him in the smallest corner of my heart. What if they erupt again?
He came, I saw him, I talked to him. We made a really good bond. And he always does something or the other which makes my heart flutter. God only knows how I'm holding back my emotions.
Seeing his caring and loving side towards me, has made me fall for him. Once again. Sometimes I just wish I never had this illness, but now that I do, I can't help it.
I know I can't stay away from him, he was right I'll miss him. I already do. But I keep on trying not to give in, no matter how much my heart dominates me. I don't want him to get the slightest idea that I love him. Yes I love Manik.