chapter 29

Ayyeee!! 50k reads! 😊 it's all because of you all ❤ thanks to each and every one of you for making this possible ❤ lots of love 💕

___________________________

Nandini fell on her knees with an expressionless face. Her tears had dried up, she had just disclosed her truth to him and now her mind was not working anymore. Manik was frozen in his place. His body didn't know how to react. His eyes had widened staring into nothing in front of him.

Suddenly, all the past events flashed in front of his eyes like a movie.
The first time they had a party and he found her in the garden, the next day he met her outside St.Mary's hospital, the day which she was down with fever, the time when she fainted in his arms after which she completely refused to do a blood test, then when he came back from Delhi and found her in a disheveled state.

Everything was making sense now. The broken pieces of the puzzle were finally joining.
SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM CANCER.

"I failed..I failed to be a good sister Manik" Her voice broke his trance. He shook his head a little and looked down at her.

"Nandini" he barely whispered and knelt down beside her.
His shaky hands reached to her face and he cupped it making her look at him.

He opened his mouth to speak but snapped it shut as he closed his eyes. He gulped down and again looked at her.
"No..you didn't.." he managed to say. "You're the best sister anyone could ask for...it was not in your hands and you're the one who arranged blood for him Nandini...so dont say that..you..you need to rest..I'll take you home"

He got up and helped her. They moved towards his car and she settled in it. He was about to open his side of the door when his phone rang.

"Haan Mukti" he answered, his voice cracking.

"Manik where are you? And where's Nandini? Is she fine?" Mukti asked worriedly.

"Hmm...tuje pata tha? About..her?" He asked realizing she was the only one who didn't say anything to her.

"Haan...and..Cabir also knows" she answered now that he was aware of the truth. "Tu thik hai?"

"Y..yeah..I'm...fine.." He inhaled a deep breath. "I'm taking her home..you please take care of the rest"

"I will, and you too..take care" she said and they ended the call.

----------

Manik was seated on a bench of a lone street. He had no idea how he landed up there. His head thrown backwards, with tears rolling down from the corner of his eyes.
After dropping Nandini, the journey being silent, he asked her to take rest while he himself drove to St.Mary's Hospital to meet Dr.Neeta whom Nandini had referred to while talking to the ward boy.

Knowing that the matter regarded Nandini, she agreed to meet Manik and informed him that her condition was stable, but they were to know the actual results after the chemo session which was due after two days. He also gathered all the information regarding her medicines, the timings, the side effects.

"Kya kehna chahti ho?!"

"YAHI KE MUJE CANCER HAI"

He didn't want to cry. He just did not. But then what about those words were constantly echoing in his ears? They badly needed a way to escape, else he felt as if he will explode. He clenched both of his fists and let out a loud agonizing cry for help to the dumb night witnessing his suffering.

"Nandini" that was all he could utter.

"Ek toh this life is so short, usme bhi itna saara gussa karoge toh kese chalega? Hamesha happy happy rehna chahiye"