chapter 33

Manik was all set to leave for the hospital the next morning when his phone rang displaying Navya's caller ID.

"Haan Navya" he answered the call.

"Nandu phone de!" He heard her yelling from the other side.
Navya ran behind Nandini and finally getting hold of her, she snatched the phone from her hand.

"Hellow?" Manik prompted.

"Manik, can you knock some sense in your Nandini's head? She's weak par zidd pakar ke baithi hai ke usse hospital jaana hai, humari baat toh maanegi nahi, tum hi samjao isse" Navya informed.

"Navya nooo" Nandini yelled face palming herself.

"Pass her the phone" Manik said sternly.

"Ye lo" Navya offered Nandini her phone but she refused to take it. Navya forcefully held her hand and handed it to her.

Nandini passed her an angry glare to which she smiled.
"Hello?"

"What is this Nandini? Kya kehrahi hai Navya? Why aren't you listening to her?" Manik asked with anger and concern.

"Manik I'm fine" Nandini assured.

"So you mean to say Navya is lying?" He asked.

"Yes..I mean..no..I mean.." she sighed. "Haan thodi weakness hai but if I'll go to the hospital, I'll feel better na" she tried to convince him.

"No!" He said strictly. "You aren't going anywhere. Stay at home and take rest unless you want me to come there?"

"But Manik.." she argued but was cut off by him.

"You heard what I said right?" It seemed as though a teacher was talking to a student.

"Ugh monster! I hate you!" She huffed.

"I love you too" he smiled and was sure she would too, and he was right. Her lips automatically curved into a smile but she covered it up and handed the phone over to Navya.

Manik gave her instructions which she passed on to Nandini who didn't have any option other than to follow them.

*

Manik kept on texting Nandini to ask about her health whenever he got free and she replied him that she was fine. She asked him about the results to which he informed her that due to some issues, they would get them the next day. He was eagerly waiting for the working hours to get over so that he could go and see her. But as the hours came to an end, his dad informed him about a meeting in which he was supposed to be present since the senior doctors said that he was doing very well in his work and also he had to give a verbal presentation regarding the cases he handled in Delhi.

"Damn it! Ye meeting bhi aaj hi honi thi" He kicked the wall and dialled Nandini's number.

"Manik where are you? Mein nahi hoon toh extra duty karrahe ho kya? Can you come already? I'm getting very bored" she blabbered at a go not giving him a chance to talk.

"Nandini" he sighed.

"Kya hua Manik? Is everything ok?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah..it's just that..I have to attend a meeting with dad.." he said and informed her about the details. "I wanted to come to you..but now this.."

"Haan toh it's okay na..meeting ke baad aajana..and it's such a good thing Manik that they are considering you capable of joining their meetings." She tried her best to sound happy. Not that she wasn't, she was really happy for him but along with that, she needed him at that moment since her health wasn't supporting her.