chapter 14

"Phone lene gaya tha ya banane?" Cabir asked as Manik settled in the car.

M: I was apologizing to Navya
C: what for?
M: for the drama you did yesterday
C: what?! Manik yaar batana kya hua and Navya..is she upset?
M: Ofcourse

Throughout the journey to Cabir's home, Manik exaggerated everything that happened the previous day and he told Cabir that everyone especially Navya was quite upset with his behavior.
Seeing Cabir so worried, Manik was getting a tough time controlling his laughter but however he managed to have a stern look on his face.

After dropping Cabir, he texted his plan to the rest.

---------------

"Where are you coming from?" Manik's dad questioned him as soon as he entered the house.
"Woh..woh.." he stuttered over his words when Nyonika came for his rescue. "Mene kaha toh tha Cabir se milne gaya hai"
"Haa exactly..Cabir se milne gaya tha" Manik repeated.
His dad left from there showing no interest in their talks.

Manik sighed with relief and hugged his mom. "Thank you mummaaa"
"Manik please be careful aage se...you know he doesn't like it when you are not at home at night" Nyonika said breaking the hug.
"I know and don't worry...abhi please give me breakfast..bohot bhukh lagi hai" he said with a puppy face and Nyonika smiled.

-----------------

"No yaar Manik, please rehne de..I'm taking a day off today..I can't face anyone" Cabir pleaded to Manik who was dragging him inside the hospital the next morning.
Manik stopped and looked at him.

"Dekh, aaj nahi toh kal you have to face them..so stop all this and come"
"Aree but.." He was cut off by Nandini who approached them.

"Hi Manik!" she greeted him with a smile.
"Hey Nandini" he greeted back while Cabir's jaw hung open. "Abhi tak me Mr.India nahi bana..I hope you can see me"
"Hi bhai" she said with a plain face.
"Choti tu bhi mujse gussa hai?" he asked worriedly.
"Nahi..woh.." her gaze fell on Manik who was now standing behind Cabir laughing silently. She glared at him to shut up. "Actually bhai..I have some work with Manik, so I'll see you later" she quickly said and dragged Manik with her not letting Cabir protest.

MaNan reached the locker room and tried to suppress their giggling, but ended up bursting into loud laughter.

"Oh my God! This is some great fun" Nandini said as she managed to stop laughing.
"Ahem..and all because of.." he said pointing at himself.
"Yeah yeah..now take all the credit yourself" she rolled her eyes. "Acha the girls must be waiting..there's still time for briefing so I'll go to them."

She turned to go but he held her wrist and pulled her, her back collided his chest. "Hum dono hai aur time bhi hai, so why not spend it together?" he asked huskily.
She smiled and tilted her head to look at him. "Mr.Malhotra, are you trying to flirt with me?"
"I'm not trying Ms.Murthy, I am flirting" he said with a chuckle.
"Then go and find someone else" she smirked and freed her hand and left from there with a smile.

----------------

"Guys! Cabir is coming!" Dhruv alerted the rest who were busy having their lunch.
"Navya go!" Manik said actually ordered.
"Kya Manik yaha to saath rehne do" Navya pleaded earning a glare from Manik.

"Fine! But you guys behave normally with him" she got up and left as Cabir reached the table. He sat down with a sad face and everyone composed themselves.