chapter 26

Hello people! Please don't kill me for this 🙈 I just wanted to cover up some few things before Manik comes to know about her, so kindly bear with me. 🙈 But just two more chapters and he'll know.

Happy reading ❤

___________________________

"Kya hua tumhe?" He cupped her face and she nervously tucked her strands behind her ear avoiding eye contact.

"Uh..kuch nahi..woh..maa papa ki yaad aagayi" she stammered.
How she wished she could tell him the truth, but she needed enough courage to do that, which she lacked at that moment.

He wasn't convinced at first but on seeing the photo frame, he felt her pain. Pain of losing someone so dear to you.
"May I?" He asked pointing at it and she nodded.

He took it and caressed it. Just the way she did.
"Beautiful..just like you" he looked at her and she smiled.

"Tum..yaha kaise?" She asked realizing he had arrived before time. "You were supposed to reach in the evening right?"

"Yeah.." He scratched his temple. "I couldn't wait to tell you" he said and removed his phone from his pocket.
"See this" he showed her his dad's message and a wide smile appeared on her face.

"Wow Manik, that's great" she exclaimed happily and he smiled.

"All because of you" he said taking back the phone.

"No Manik, I haven't done anything, jo kiya tumne kiya, I'm so happy for you"

"Compliments sunne ki aadat nahi hai na tumhe?" He rolled his eyes and she giggled.

"Manik..ek baat bolu?" She asked and he gave her a 'go on' nod.
She held his hand. "Manik, sab bhuljao na..sort out the differences with your dad."

He looked at her keenly and she continued, "Manik, we don't know agle pal kya honewala hai..jo hai abhi hai, we should live in the moment..ye gussa, ye naarazgi, it's all useless. Now see, tumne ek kadam badaya and your dad also supported you. Just take one more step Manik, patch up with him, then everything will be fine. You'll get your family back, happy like it was."

He attentively listened to each and every word she said and placed his free hand on their hands.
"I'll talk to him" he said softly.

"Really?" Excitement was clear in her voice which made him smile.

"Hmm..but on one condition" he said and she frowned.
"You have to be strong, don't break down Nandini, I can't see you like this" he stated.

She held back her tears and smiled seeing his concern. "I won't..I'll be strong"

"Now that's like my girl" he winked at her and she looked away listening to 'my girl'
"Just keep on smiling and keep on blushing" he said and she bit her lip. "But no more tears okay?"

She nodded still not looking at him. He smirked and leaned closer. "Do you realize you look even more beautiful with this red shade on you?" He asked huskily caressing her cheek making her breath uneven.

"You..you should..go.." She managed to say and he bit his lower lip seeing her condition.

"See you in the evening" he whispered and stood up.
The moment he left the room, she sighed in relief, still blushing.

Cabir's house:

"Maanniikkkk" Mukti screamed as soon as she saw him and hoped onto him. "I missed youuu"