chapter 30

Manik walked to the door and stopped. He turned his face to catch a last glimpse of her.
"Take your medicines Nandini..apne liye nahi, toh mere liye..please" he requested and went away.

Nandini fell on the bed as a fresh pool of tears burst out. She wanted to run and crash in his arms. She wished to scream out loud that she loves him too. But she was helpless. Her illness had bounded her. Her gaze fell on the medicines and she rememnered his words.

".. apne liye nahi, toh mere liye..please"

She wiped her tears and took her tablets only for him. Only because he was so worried for her.

"I LOVE YOU"

His confession echoed in her ears and she burried her face in the pillow crying her heart out. She wished him to be here but how could he when she herself pushed him away.

On the other hand, Manik was irked with his own behavior. His anger had overpowered him and he confessed his love to her without thinking what she must have felt. He was continuously either massaging his temple or running his hand through his hair while his other hand held the steering wheel firmly as he drove to Cabir's home.

On reaching there, he just threw himself on the sofa and closed his eyes.

"Tuje kya hua?" Cabir asked examining him but Manik just shrugged.
"Choti kaha hai?"

"She'll come later" Manik answered, his eyes still closed.

An hour passed by, the rest were busy discussing on random topics throughout which Manik paid very less attention. He then realized that Nandini was all alone.
"Shit" he mumbled realizing his carelessness of leaving her by herself that too in this state. He thought of going and checking on her when he saw her entering the house and he sighed in relief.

Nandini came to Cabir who was lying on the couch and sat beside him. "You okay?" She asked softly and he nodded.

"Tu thik hai?" Cabir asked on having noticed her puffy eyes and dull face. She nodded plastering a fake smile.
Cabir glanced at Manik who had been staring at her and looked back at Nandini. He was now sure that something had definitely happened between the two.

Navya went to the kitchen to prepare for dinner followed by Alya.
"Manik" Cabir called out eyeing Nandini breaking his trance.

"Haan?" Manik looked at him.

"Will you bring my phone from my room?" He asked. Manik got up and approached him, maintaining the required distance from Nandini.

"Haan haan, zarur..aur kuch chahiye?" He asked in a tone full of sarcasm.

"Nahi..aur kuch nahi chahiye" Cabir replied casually.

"Saale" Manik slapped his arm. "Naukar nahi hu mein tera"

"Naukar" Cabir laughed. "Chal issi baat pe ek sher sunata hu"

"Irshaad" Mukti popped up and Manik rolled his eyes.

"Agar aisa hota toh kitna acha hota,
Ke mein tera maalik aur tu mera naukar hota" Cabir finished and Mukti burst out laughing.

"Tu mera maalik haan?" Manik gritted his teeth and bent forward strangling Cabir who couldn't stop laughing.
Nandini tried to get up but Cabir held her hand.

"Aree bachao" Cabir shouted and Mukti came for his rescue.

"Manik bas" she pulled Manik back still laughing.