chapter 32

The suns vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room, forcing Nandini to open her eyes. She looked around but didn't see the girls, most likely they would have woken up early. The sound of the rhythmic waves tumbling in the surf brought a peaceful hymn to her ears, as she got off the bed and opened the window to engulf the cool breeze. She closed her eyes yet again, the beautiful memories of last night flashing infront of them, bringing a heartfelt smile on her face.

She sat on the pane gazing outside at the beautiful morning beach view. Manik. He was all she could think of. Keeping him away, be it for only three days, was her biggest stupidity. Only she knew how much she had missed him.
But allowing him in, was probably one of the best decisions she had made. She had chosen to be happy now, despite of what lies ahead of her. With him, nothing would be difficult. There was a truth in his eyes saying he'll never leave her. The touch of his hands saying he'll catch her whenever she'll fall. He made her laugh like no one else did, and with him, she could be her real self.

"Wassup baby doll?" Mukti chirped breaking her chain of thoughts. "Kya baat hai, you're glowing" she said sitting across her.

"Glowing? Nahi toh..nothing like that.." Nandini tried hard to hide her smile.

"Acha? Cool then, I'll ask him" Mukti said and jumped off the pane.

"Nooo!" Nandini screamed as she held Mukti's hand. "Ask him what? Manik se kyu puchogi?" She got all nervous.

"But mene toh Manik ka naam hi nahi liya" Mukti teased making her flush.

"Uh..woh.." Nandini fumbled with her words and Mukti let out a soft chuckle.

"Relax Nandini, I'm so happy to see you both happy" she said genuinely and Nandini smiled.

*

The girls were done helping each other with the breakfast when Alya asked about the boys.
"I don't believe they are still sleeping! We've got only today to enjoy yaar" she groaned in frustration.

Mukti looked at Nandini only to find her staring at her with a mischievous smile.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked and Nandini nodded. Mukti gave an evil smile. "Chal" she said and both the girls ran upstairs while the other two were left confused.

*

"3...2.." Nandini whisper yelled standing near Manik's bedside who was sleeping beside Cabir. "And oneee" Mukti yelled from the other side where Dhruv was sleeping on a couch. Both the girls emptied the buckets of water on them making them wake up with a jerk.

"What the..."
"Tsunami!"
"Kya hua?" Came the shouts from Manik, Cabir and Dhruv respectively.

The girls burst out laughing while the boys exchanged looks.

"Choti tu.." Cabir pointed at Nandini and glanced at Manik. "Tuje toh tera monster dekhlega" he shifted his gaze to Mukti "Mukti ki bachi..ruk" he jumped off the bed as Mukti ran outside followed by him and Dhruv.

Nandini was about to go behind them when she was pulled by Manik who pinned her to the bed with both his hands resting on each side, not putting his entire weight on her.

"Manik" she breathed as the water droplets from his face fell on her neck.

"Playing smart with me huh?" He raised his brow. "Wese I hope you know, I can play smarter"

She looked away shyly and he bent down. He sucked the drop of water from her neck making her breath uneven. She closed her eyes feeling his touch and clutched his shoulders. He moved upwards placing soft kisses on her neckline.