chapter 35

"You all went for the test, and the reports state that Cabir's cells match with Nandini's. He's the perfect donor, congratulations" The doctor smiled at them.

It took a while for the trio to absorb the words which left the doctor's mouth before pleasant smiles overtook their faces and they beamed with joy as they exchanged looks.

"This..this is great doctor!" Cabir ejaculated. "You've given us just the best news!"

Tears of joy welled up in Nandini's eyes and Manik tightened his grip on her hand with a never ending smile on his face and she looked at him.

"Kaha tha na meine, everything will be fine. Your hope is winning." he whispered in an audible tone for her.

"Our hope Manik" she whispered back and they had a short eye-lock before Cabir interrupted.

"Chotiii" He screamed as soon as both the doctors excused themselves. He made Nandini stand taking her in a hug. "I can't tell you how happy I am"

"Me too Bhai" she hugged him back. They broke the hug after a while and Cabir cupped her face. "Toh kya hua agar khoon ka rishta nahi hai humara, you'll always remain my sister and see, our cells also matched."

"You're right. Thank you for everything Bhai" she replied emotionally.

Cabir went to Manik and the duo shared a hug too. Their happiness was clearly visible on their faces. A minute later, Dr.Neeta entered.

"You're really lucky Nandini," she came to her. "Trust me, it's not easy to find a donor so easily, but I guess all their prayers have been answered" she smiled looking at Manik and Cabir.

"I'm very lucky indeed, to have them by my side" Nandini said glancing at them.

"Kal toh Sunday hai, so meet me on Monday, there are some things to discuss." She told them and they nodded.

*

"I think we should tell them when all of us are together. Uncle aur mom bhi honge.." Cabir suggested. They were in the hospital's parking lot thinking of how to share the good news with the rest.
Manik's phone beeped and he checked it.

"It's sorted." He said glancing at the two. "Mom ka message aaya hai, she's arranged a pooja for Nandini tomorrow, so wahi batadenge." He informed and Nandini looked down to hide her tears. Cabir thought of giving them some alone time so he bid bye to them and left.

"Hey" Manik nudged her chin gently making her look at him. "Kya hua?"

"Nothing" she smiled shaking her head. "What all of you are doing for me, I..I don't have words to thank you. Maa Papa ke baad, I really missed my parents' love and affection, maasi bhi woh kami puri nai karpayi. But uncle aunty se muje woh sab milraha hai."

Manik held her hands in his and caressed her knuckles, his eyes not leaving hers. "We're always there for you Nandini. And now, no more worries and no more tears." He wiped the tear which had just dropped off from her eye. "Bohot jald, everything will fall in place." He smiled at her before taking her in his warm embrace and she sank her face into his chest as if to ask him to never let go as she put her arms around him.

-----------

"Nandini" Manik knocked on the door. He had come the next morning to pick up the girls but Navya told him that she was still getting ready. And here she was in her room, sitting on the edge of the bed, since her legs weren't supporting her to stand for long, trying to zip up her dress. She had worn a simple baby pink anarkali, but her zip was stuck in which she was engrossed from quite a while.