chapter 4

"Good morning everyone!" the Dean started. "As you all know that you are the 10 interns chosen for this hospital.
You should consider yourself lucky for this. The hardwork you've done till now was nothing compared to the one you should be doing here. So I hope to see the dedication in your work. I now want all the doctors to introduce themselves" he finished coldly and walked to his seat.

The senior doctors one by one introduced themselves and then came the last one. "Good morning" she smiled "well I am Nyonika, a senior doctor as well as an instructor for all you interns and I look forward to mentor you" she winked at fab 5 to which they smiled mischievously. "Please excuse us for five minutes and I'll get back at you, by the time you can get to know each other."

She along with the doctors and the Dean exited the hall to discuss something.

Everyone got up and three other interns introduced themselves as Rahul, Ankit and Shweta. They all mingled well and started conversing on random topics except for Manik who was lost in his own thoughts. All this while he had been taking a few glances at Nandini.

Manik's POV

God! She's changed!

The girl who was always dressed in Indian attire is now in western. Skin fitting jeans and top! Looks pretty 😊

She's become more beautiful no doubt in that.

Her hair which always used to be plaited. And now...but open hair like this suits her more.

Her chubby cheeks, those eyes, her beautiful smile 😍 which I've hardly seen since morning.

Wait! Manik?

What are you doing? Noticing the changes in Nandini Murthy??

Wese toh thik se bolta bhi nahi tha tu uske saath.

End of POV

"Saale! Kya karraha hai tu yaha akele?" came Cabir asking who noticed him at a distance. "Kiske khayalon me khoya hua hai?" he raised his eyebrow with a notorious smile.

Manik composed himself: what? Aisa kuch nahi hai. Chal.

They went to the newly formed group. Nandini was all okay till now but after seeing Manik, her nervousness was back.

"So interns!" Nyonika's voice startled them and they looked at her.
"Ready for the hospital tour?" she asked with a smile. Everyone nodded. "So lets go"

-----------------
Nyonika - Not only Manik's mother, but also a mother to fab 5. They all are very attached to her. A very sweet loving person but quite strict and professional when it comes to work. Apart from Manik, Cabir also calls her mom.
----------------

They all had a look around the hospital, the special rooms, the machines. Nyonika also informed them about some patients who needed special treatment. Everyone was enjoying but time to time, Nandini kept on asking more questions by which Nyonika got impressed and answered her.

Manik's POV

Oh God! Kitne sawaal puchti hai yeh?
No wonder she was in a topper in school.

What's her age? 21?
Iske parents ne kuch zyada hi jaldi admit nahi kardiya isse school me?

And look at me! I'm 23, and we're on the same level now. Good going Ms.Murthy!

End of POV

Nandini had decided to ignore all what was going on in her heart and mind and only to concentrate on what she supposed to but she wasn't quite successful as she kept on stealing glances at Manik.