chapter 12

Next morning:

"Omg thank you so much Nandini!" exclaimed Alya happily as she hugged Nandini and took the chocolate from her.
"You're most welcome Alya" replied Nandini with a smile.
"But how did you know that this was the same kind of chocolate which I lost?" Alya asked.
"Uh...woh.." Nandini was finding an answer when they heard Manik's voice, "I told her"

Nandini gave him a 'such a liar' look but he just shrugged his shoulders.
Alya's pager buzzed and she excused herself.
"Hi!" Manik greeted Nandini adjusting his lab coat.
"Bye!" she replied with a smirk and left.
He grinned as he watched her go.

"Bhai" Cabir tapped on his shoulder. "Gayi woh..kaam karle?"

Manik looked at him with an annoyed face. "Tu muje nahi batata toh mein yahi rehta nai?" he asked sarcastically.
"You never know" Cabir replied with a chuckle.

Lunch time:

"Ok guys I wanna tell you all something, but no one will interfere till I finish" Shweta announced.
They all looked at her and she continued, "I'm getting married next week and I want to invite all of you. So you have to be there coz after that I'll be shifting to Delhi and I'll continue my internship there."

"What?!" Everyone almost shouted.
"Yes! And I know I said I wanna become independent first but it's my parents' decision and I can't deny it" she took a deep breath.

"Khush raho, ghar sanssar basao." Navya blessed her dramatically.

"O Madhubala!" Manik and Nandini said in unison. They looked at each other.
"Why did you call her that?" Nandini questioned him.
"Why? Only you have the copyright to it?" Manik questioned back.
"Yes" she replied proudly.

M: no you don't!
N: Yes I do!
M: No!
N: Yes!

The rest were looking at them in confusion when Cabir spoke, "Shut up both of you!"

MaNan stopped and looked at Cabir.
"Kya bacho jese ladrahe ho?"
"He/She started" both again said it together.

"Whatever, by the way Choti, why do you call her that?" he asked.
"Tuje bada interest hai?" Manik winked at him.
Nandini interrupted "Ofcourse interest toh hoga na after all these two are soon gonna be.." She stopped when Manik kicked her slightly under the table.
She looked at him in surprise and he glared at her.
Cabir and Navya were in utter shock.

"Soon gonna be??" asked Mukti.
"Friends!" Manik shouted covering up for Nandini.
"I thought they already are" Alya commented.
"Y..yeah but" Manik spoke only to be cut off by Shweta.

"What the hell guys!" she yelled. "I thought we were talking about my wedding but you guys just aren't bothered!"

They quickly murmured a sorry and started discussing about the wedding.

--------------

"What were you saying in the canteen?" Navya asked Nandini with a firm expression.
"Woh..sorry Navya.." Nandini made a puppy face.
"Don't make those faces! Pata nahi Cabir kya sochraha hoga" she said worriedly.
"Kuch nahi sochraha hoga because I know he likes you" Nandini blurted out.
She slapped her forehead and thought "Aiyyapa!! Nandini Murthy! Can't you keep your mouth shut? Kahi bhi kuch bhi bolti hai!"

"Kya kaha tumne?" Navya asked while turning Nandini to face her.
"He likes you! And now I gotta go! Bye" she said in a go and hurriedly left from there while Navya stood there blankly.