chapter 24

"You're leaving?" Nandini asked coldly on seeing her maasi wrap up her stuff in the evening.

"Yes...kuch kaam nikal aaya hai, aur wese bhi yaha rehne se kya faida?" Kavita spoke in the same tone.

"Take care" Nandini said and moved out of the room leaving her maasi surprised.

---------------------

Saturday afternoon:

Cabir entered the cafe of the mall and spotted Aryaman at a distance probably waiting for them.

"Hey bro what's up?" Aryaman greeted and shook hands with Cabir. "Baaki sab kaha hai? Nandini?"

"They're downstairs, ye ladkiya bhi na..koi kapdo ki dukaan dekhli aur ghusgayi usme and muje aur Manik ko bhejdiya so that you don't have to wait for long" Cabir informed.

Manik walked in a minute later and settled down after greeting Aryaman.
"So I hope you guys are taking good care of Nandini" Aryaman said.

"Ofcourse, you don't need to worry about her" Cabir smiled at him but Manik was showing no interest in their conversation.

"I know, coz she used to talk a lot about you people..especially Manik" Aryaman smiled back and Manik's head shot up.

"About me? Kya kya kaha?" Manik asked curiously.

"Tuje kyu jaanna hai?" Cabin teased. "Jo bhi kaha ho..I'm sure kuch khaas nahi hoga..so you don't need to know"

"Shut up bro" Manik told him and looked at Aryaman. "Kuch..acha hi bola hoga?"

Aryaman chuckled. "Kuch acha aur..look I'm sorry but I can't tell you"
Cabir laughed and Manik rolled his eyes.

"Will the girls take long? Actually I'm getting late and my phone's battery is dead too...Cabir will you just lend me your phone, Nandini se baat karleta hu" Aryaman asked.

Cabir glanced at Manik who gestured him a 'no'.
"Actually I don't have a phone" Cabir said and Aryaman frowned. "Phone use karne se tumor hojata hai..and do you know how many children are dying in so many places"

"Phone se?" Aryaman asked.

"Nahi..bhookh se" Cabir replied and Manik suppressed a chuckle.

"Aah Nandini's here" Aryaman said happily looking at the entrance and Manik sighed placing his head on the table.

Aryaman walked up to Nandini and informed her that he had to leave.
"But we came here for you aur ab tum jaarahe ho?" Nandini asked dejected.

"Sorry Murthy, but dad's clients must be trying to contact me and my phone is dead so..but I'll make sure to catch up with you before I leave for London" Aryaman explained.

"Promise?"

"Promise" he ruffled her hair side hugging her and left.

"Iss monster ko kya hua?" Nandini asked Cabir taking a seat.

"You broke his heart na" Cabir replied and Manik instantly sat upright.

"What?" Nandini frowned.

"Kuch nahi..bakwaas karta rehta hai bas" Manik said shooting a glare to Cabir.

"Hello guys!" Harshad greeted walking to them.

"Bandar gaya toh uska dada aagaya" Cabir murmured.

"Dada?" Manik asked in a low tone.