Epilogue

2 years later.

"Chillax baby doll, they're on the way." Mukti encircled her arm around Nandini's shoulder who was continuously tapping her foot in anxiety, checking her phone every now and then.

It was when Manik was coming back from Delhi after three long days and Cabir had gone to receive him from the airport.

"And our hero is back!" They heard Cabir's voice. They turned to the door and there stood both of them.

She wanted to run and crash into his arms but this wasn't them. It had been almost two years to their wedding but never did they share any of their private moments in front of anyone be it just their family. Not because they were shy, but they chose to keep their moments to themselves. But despite all this, their love blossomed and everyone was a witness to it.

They, along with CaVya, got married two months post the transplant when Manik was fully assured that there were no risks to her health anymore. Nandini joined back the hospital after their marriage and after successfully having completed their one year of internship, they all were now permanently registered as physicians.

He winked at her which went unnoticed by the others and she blushed. She headed upstairs without saying anything to which a small chuckle escaped his lips.

As soon as the greeting session was over with the rest, he rushed to their room to finally meet his star.

"Manik" she uttered his name more like a prayer the moment she saw him. Approaching him at a medium speed, she circled her arms around his back hugging him tightly as her head rested right next to his heart. He smiled and reciprocated equally, feeling her so close go him after three days.

"I missed you." She whispered.

"I missed you more." He whispered back and kissed her hair.

"Tum thik ho?" She asked softly caressing his cheek when they broke the hug.

"Ab thik hoon, tumse milne ke baad." He replied gazing deep into her eyes.

Suddenly reality hit her and she looked away. "But that's not fair!" She turned around, his arms still wrapped around her. "You were supposed to be here last night. I wanted us to be together on this day." She cribbed. He sighed and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Not my fault. The plane got delayed and I would have been here kal raat hi...But my extra caring wife strictly refused me to come by car since it's not safe."

"Haan toh isme galat kya hai? Tumhe toh apna khayal hai hi nahi right?" She glanced at him sideways.

"Acha ab hogaya na. Aagaya hoon mein and the day is still remaining. See, we are together. Ab toh ache se wish kardo. Phone pe wish karna is not enough you know." He smiled smugly as she turned to him.

"You always have your ways out na?" She asked slightly shaking her head and he passed her a victorious smile.
She cupped his face as she she tip toed and placed a long kiss on his cheek.

"Happy birthday Manik." She wished him while he grinned.

"Thanks." He pecked her nose.

"Tum fresh hojao, mein khaana lagati hoon." She said and he bobbed his head.

*

"Tum bhi baitho and eat with him." Nyonika said to Nandini making her sit beside Manik on the dining table.

"You didn't have your lunch?" Manik asked looking at her and she shook her head looking down.

"Tu nahi tha, kese khaati?" Cabir joked.