chapter 28

Next morning, Nandini woke up with a heavy head and sat upright with great difficulty.

"Uthgayi?" Navya asked as she entered the room. "Ye lo, black coffee" she handed it over to her and sat beside her.

"Navya kal kya hua tha?" Nandini asked sipping the coffee.

"Acha ji, toh maharani ko yaad bhi nahi hai"

"Ah Navya, batana hai toh batao warna chod do, my head" she held her head and Navya chuckled.

"Hume kya pata kya hua, tum toh Manik ke saath thi"

"Manik?" Her eyes almost bulged out and Navya nodded.

"Chalo finish this and get ready" Navya said and went downstairs.
Nandini sat there trying hard to remember what occurred the previous day. Blur images flashed in front of her eyes.
She and Manik came home, he carried her, and..that's it.

"Aiyyapa" Nandini threw her head backwards. "I hope I haven't messed up things."

-----------

Manik was in his room going through the pictures he and Nandini took in his phone when Cabir arrived. He peeked into the phone and smirked.

"Zara tasveer se tu nikal ke saamne aa meri mehbooba" he sang as he settled himself beside Manik who instantly kept his phone away

"Cabir, you sing really bad, tu percussionist hi thik hai" Manik commented.

"Really?" Cabir raised his eyebrows. "Manik my bwaay, you're in loouuu"

"Shut up bro" Manik looked away.

"Dikha, dikha" Cabir held his chin and made Manik face him. "Ye smile tu dusro se chupana samja"

"Whatever" Manik jerked his hand and stood up. "Chal ab"

--------------

Nandini was in the store room, going through some files when Manik entered. Her heartbeats doubled its speed. She had been successful in avoiding him since morning, but now that he was here, what would she say to him?

"Manik..tum..yaha?" She asked nervously.

"Haan..kyu? Only you can come here?" He leaned on the rack.

"Nahi..no..I just asked.." She saw him looking at her ever so intensely which wasn't helping her at all. "A..aise..kya..dekhrahe ho?"

"Toh aur kese dekhu?" He asked walking towards her while she took steps backwards. "And kal raat ke baad toh..."

"Kal raat?" She repeated and collided with the wall behind. "Kya hua tha? Mene kuch kiya?" She asked looking everywhere but him.

He took one more step closer and rested his hands on each side of her, leaving no way to escape. "Bohot kuch kiya" he said huskily leaning forward and tracing his nose from her cheek downwards.